v Sheffield Wednesday (A) Match Thread

Comrade 86

5 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Made that more difficult than it should have been and I'm not really sure it was a result we particularly deserved. A draw would've been a fair result but I'll take any kind of win at Hillsborough as we don't always have too much success there.

Still right in the mix in what is an incredibly close league this year, one of four teams to be two points outside the top two.

Sod fairness.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well after not playing our best and still not having a fully fit starting 11 to go behind and still come back and win is impressive, to dig in like that is excellent especially as we aren’t the most aggressive tall side! 

Hopefully more of them Nutmeg videos ?

9 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Made that more difficult than it should have been and I'm not really sure it was a result we particularly deserved. A draw would've been a fair result but I'll take any kind of win at Hillsborough as we don't always have too much success there.

Still right in the mix in what is an incredibly close league this year, one of four teams to be two points outside the top two.

I always thought we didn’t have a great record as I’ve only seen us win once at Hillsborough but before the last 2 defeats we hasn’t lost in 11 was surprised when I saw the stat 

Lucky with that and the Referee was truly awful from both sides points of view but the reaction from Wednesday fans too perfectly good challenges was laughable at times.

Thought Lawrence looked good when he came on and Wisdom did ok for someone who has no game time for about two months.

Really good to see Mount back and Wilson and Marriott are deadly given a sight  goal....good start to the week six from nine will be a good return anything more is excellent.

Very very lucky to have 11 on the pitch today, a couple of times the ref let Tomori off with a warning and ultimately he could have been sent off on another day. 

Good win overall, dug in deep and held strong, a little more clinical finishing and we could have been far more comfortable. 

4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Lots of criticism of the side but we won, so who played well?

Thought it was easily the best performance from Josefzoon in the league this season. Marriott a terrier and got a goal and assist (although the assist was rather fortunate). Thought Keogh was pretty good on the whole as well, covered well as uncharacteristically Tomori was the rash one today. Everyone scrapped in the second half and held out well

10 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Lucky with that and the Referee was truly awful from both sides points of view but the reaction from Wednesday fans too perfectly good challenges was laughable at times.

Thought Lawrence looked good when he came on and Wisdom did ok for someone who has no game time for about two months.

Really good to see Mount back and Wilson and Marriott are deadly given a sight  goal....good start to the week six from nine will be a good return anything more is excellent.

Well we have got to beat stoke and Swansea who are alright but hardly one of the better teams in the league and we are playing them at home so 9 from 9 I reckon.

31 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

That was grand theft auto 6, how they hell did we win that? Not that I’ll be moaning about the three points but Jesus there were some dire performances out there. Every bit as bad as the villa game at times particularly the start, tho fortunately we had our moments this time and took a couple..

Strange cos BBC reporter on final score stated categorically that Rams deserved the points. 

Didn’t get to the game , just watched the highlights , great 3 points , looked like we got lucky when they hit the post. But maybe we deserve some luck.

Marriott certainly looking clinical. Carson’s got to do better with the goal it looked straight at him ,could have been a foul on Malone , some given some not.  Wisdom looked like he’s had another shocker , really disappointed with him since he’s come back to Derby , trying to put somebody into Row z doesn’t cut the mustard for me. Needs to learn to tackle better , and get closer to his man. I’m waiting for someone now to say the game wasn’t like that at all ?

Archived