Christmas Present

swanny

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 06/11/2018 at 15:52, swanny said:

I never know what to ask for when the family ask me. But i did wonder about something Derby related. Does anybody have any ideas about good Derby county posters/pictures art/ that is available to buy? I've seen some on ebay but they don't really float my boat that much

paul

How about a pictue of pp outside and inside and then have them blown up and put into big picture frame.

7 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Two questions, @loweman2:

1) Are they original designs from the time, or has someone just made them for the sake of selling?

2) Who’s the bloke on the Juve poster supposed to be? (The flag one)

You are obviously not familiar with some of the bigger games in our history, these are program covers one is from the European cup semi final in Turin where we played Juventus and the guy on the front I am assuming is a Kevin Hector who was our centre forward at the time, one is the texaco cup final, one is the night that we beat Bristol city in 1969 and became the second division champions, that is fifty years ago and there will be more stuff on the way to celebrate that.

hopefully that covers the questions @cosmic

Just now, loweman2 said:

You are obviously not familiar with some of the bigger games in our history, these are program covers one is from the European cup semi final in Turin where we played Juventus and the guy on the front I am assuming is a Kevin Hector who was our centre forward at the time, one is the texaco cup final, one is the night that we beat Bristol city in 1969 and became the second division champions, that is fifty years ago and there will be more stuff on the way to celebrate that.

Yes it does, thank you.

I knew they were real matches, I just wondered if the designs were from the time or not (the bad Reservoir Dogs parody one made me suspicious). But you say they’re from the original programmes, which is the sort of thing I was hoping. 

Also thought the bloke heading the ball might be a Juve player, as it appears to be the away leg (“lira 300” etc.).

7 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Derby1973.thumb.JPG.4bd1ce85bc362024bc4146e34c08cc14.JPG

Went for a few months after, as none of the 72-73 squad looked like that, could be Hector.

Still think it's possible to be a Juventus player though, seeing as it was their programme.

On 06/11/2018 at 15:52, swanny said:

I never know what to ask for when the family ask me. But i did wonder about something Derby related. Does anybody have any ideas about good Derby county posters/pictures art/ that is available to buy? I've seen some on ebay but they don't really float my boat that much

paul

How's about a nice wall-clock?

31 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Yes it does, thank you.

I knew they were real matches, I just wondered if the designs were from the time or not (the bad Reservoir Dogs parody one made me suspicious). But you say they’re from the original programmes, which is the sort of thing I was hoping. 

Also thought the bloke heading the ball might be a Juve player, as it appears to be the away leg (“lira 300” etc.).

The dogs one is the only mis-step in the collection, imo. The rest are great, especially the Juventus one.

10 hours ago, loweman2 said:

25110D64-DBE8-44AA-BCEF-281D8F0EFB8C.png

Was at a Tiswas XI game - quite possibly this one. I would have been 8. I can remember all the blokes being very impressed by Sally James. I couldn't understand at the time, but understood that I was missing something. Two things as it turned out, as she apparently wasn't wearing a bra.

56 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Yes it does, thank you.

This programme was printed and made in the uk and then flown over to Italy for the game, so probs is hector,  this is the official Italian program.

2564AE29-C748-45C7-884B-E616CA19F0C0.jpeg

On 06/11/2018 at 20:46, 86 points said:

Hi Paul - Maybe ask them to get something like this printed and framed? It's a cracking shot taken at the Derby - Manure game as our Jack wheels away to celebrate with the travelling Derby faithful. Something of a defining moment in the evolution of the team under Franks and Jody as it's the point most of us fully grasped just how far we'd come. Captures the essence of it all rather well and that kit's pretty jazzy too! 

Derrby beat Manure.jpeg

Looks like a really bad version of YMCA ?

On 06/11/2018 at 19:52, 86 points said:

Jesus on a pogo stick, she's absolutely murdered that ? Managing to sing an entire song without a single note in key takes a special kind of talent ?

As Eric Morecambe would say "She is singing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order"

Archived