Do you think Frank is here for the long run?

JoeDerby

Is Lampard here to stay?  

224 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Following on from a few tremendous performances on the big stage (Utd and Chelsea) and the name that Frank Lampard is, I'm sure some Premier League clubs have got their eye on Frank.

Like many of you (if not all), I have fallen in love with Lampard. He's simply a born winner, there's nothing to dislike. The transformation in this club since he's been in charge is simply astonishing. 

At the end of the year if we don't get promoted, do you think he would leave us?

Please answer the poll with your head and not heart. I never thought Rowett would leave us because this was his 'dream job'. So it just shows that there's some snakes in football.

I really don't think Frank is in this for the money and the encouragement for me is that, this is pretty much his squad and I'd hope that he would show the club some loyalty as Mel Morris had to have the 'knackers' to give Frank a go.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Frank has his head on the right way.

Premiership football will always be on his mind even if not for the money.

However as you stated he might not be in it for the money but as you also said he is or appears to be a born winner, so I would imagine his ultimate goal would be to prove he is a winner at the top level if not England.

That said I am sure he will want to show every one he is worth a punt by taking us up first (if he can).

Then I would imagine staying at least a season unless Chelsea come in at that point.

Who knows. 

My gut feeling is that he's well-trained in media and a convincing speaker, so we shouldn't kid ourselves that he has any special affinity for the club. Don't get me wrong, I think he's enjoying it and giving it 100%, and is no doubt grateful for the opportunity we have given him. It's a good fit for now, but the bottom line is that he will do what he thinks is right for Frank Lampard in the end - not the club.

Just out of interest - does anyone know what his living arrangements are? Does he live in the area permanently with his family or is he commuting from Knightsbridge? I'd like to think that if he respected the club and wanted to do his best for us, he'd have moved them all up here for the duration of his stay, but then I know Mrs Lampard is a new mum etc so not necessarily an easy choice

2 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

My gut feeling is that he's well-trained in media and a convincing speaker, so we shouldn't kid ourselves that he has any special affinity for the club. Don't get me wrong, I think he's enjoying it and giving it 100%, and is no doubt grateful for the opportunity we have given him. It's a good fit for now, but the bottom line is that he will do what he thinks is right for Frank Lampard in the end - not the club.

Just out of interest - does anyone know what his living arrangements are? Does he live in the area permanently with his family or is he commuting from Knightsbridge? I'd like to think that if he respected the club and wanted to do his best for us, he'd have moved them all up here for the duration of his stay, but then I know Mrs Lampard is a new mum etc so not necessarily an easy choice

AFAIK, he lives here and has bought a house, but i believe the missus doesn't.

36 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I think he'll at least do the full 3 years of his contract all being well, you don't get a top PL job on the back of 16 decent games in the Championship.

Here's hoping. Lampard got a job in the Championship without having any experience at all.. he's more than worth a punt

He'll have 3 successful years here leading us to Europe before leaving for Chelsea with Terry as his assistant, Jody takes the Derby job (doesnt work out, sacked by November). After a decade of Champions League success he and Terry take the England job for two tournaments, winning both.

He'll later claim that his time with Derby was the highlight of his career.

26 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

He will go if he gets a better offer. If Man U came in, would you stay at Derby? If Everton came in? 

The questions are a bit silly.. Why would he leave if we don't get promoted and he does not get offered a better job? 

Is it really that much of a silly question? If we don't go up and a team who just stays up or from the bottom half of the Premier League come in for him, would his head be turned?

As a player Frank never knew when he was beaten so he rarely was.

This self-belief is shaping him into a top class manager.

I can’t see him staying with one club á la Ferguson or Wenger but I am glad that we are the club he is leading rather than leaving for the foreseeable future.

Let’s enjoy the ride!

Not enough options.

I really can't see him leaving if we're not promoted but, equally I doubt he's here to stay depending on by how long you mean by "here to stay". 

I think it's inevitable that, provided he has some degree of success at Derby, he'll be lured away at some stage.

12 minutes ago, JoeDerby said:

Is it really that much of a silly question? If we don't go up and a team who just stays up or from the bottom half of the Premier League come in for him, would his head be turned?

If we don't get promoted, why would anyone in the Premier League see him as anything other than a failure?

I imagine he'll go if it's a PL club that's fairly strong and ready to kick on or obviously Chelsea. 

I doubt he's do a Rowett or pack us in for someone scrapping relegation. 

As first jobs go he landed on his feet here. It's not a bad first gig. He's started more than halfway up the pyramid and I imagine he feels like there's 2 objectives. Get promoted and stay up. Once that's achieved I imagine he'll look for something new. 

Between here and then, only to an Everton level club or if for some reason Chelsea follow their hearts instead of their heads.

5 minutes ago, eddie said:

If we don't get promoted, why would anyone in the Premier League see him as anything other than a failure?

A young exciting manager, playing attractive football, he's a huge name. If we don't go up this season, I doubt anyone will look at him as a failure. He's transformed players who many fans had given up on into players looking like world beaters (Johnson, Lawrence, Huddlestone, Forsyth, Bryson?) he's given Bogle a chance in a team full of seasoned pros and he's looking like he's been in the team for years. As I said before, I think he'd be worth a punt.

I don't think we will go up this season, we're a working progress but if he's here for 3 years, I honestly believe he will take us up.

I find it hard to believe he won't receive interest from a Prem club. 

31 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

He would make a bigger name for himself in management if he was to take a Championship Club from little acorns to a big oak tree.

My gut feeling is this is what he'd like to do. Imagine him doing a Brian, but going one better and winning the treble, then managing England to a World Cup win with half the squad being Derby players!

Maybe I'm getting carried away. 

35 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

He'll have 3 successful years here leading us to Europe before leaving for Chelsea with Terry as his assistant, Jody takes the Derby job (doesnt work out, sacked by November). After a decade of Champions League success he and Terry take the England job for two tournaments, winning both.

He'll later claim that his time with Derby was the highlight of his career.

I think he will get us promoted and win the title before getting fired for doing too much promotional work on the 2022 World Cup. Along the way we will lose to AC Milan in the semi of the Champions League due to a dodge ref.

After that Frank'll go for a stint on the south coast, without Jody, maybe at somewhere like Exeter. Then he'll go to manage Liverpool for less than two months after Klopp resigns to go and manage in the Middle East.

Following that, he'll go to Mansfield, reunite with Jody, win the Champions League twice with them before Jody comes back to manage here and they fall out after he signs their overweight and over the hill left winger.

Jody and Frank never talk again ?

Lampard is classier than the Snake. If he does well here a bigger club will invariably come in for him and who are we to stand in his way? He will be massively ambitious. Getting Derby promoted and perhaps keeping us up in a second season would be absolutely stellar work considering 10 years of failure. Maybe a third season consolidating but if he achieved that then realistically what else can Derby achieve without mega bucks? Job done. From there, thank him for his services and give him a good reception at Derby as we often do for any player or manager that has served us well. All getting ahead of ourselves of course as we have achieved nothing yet but think we'd be deluded that FL would stay with us if he shows any ability as a manager. His name will get him on the radar of most big clubs.

Archived