Do you think Frank is here for the long run?

JoeDerby

Is Lampard here to stay?  

224 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He's smart. George Best invested his money in fast cars, loose women and drink. He frittered away the rest.! Frank has got a sizeable portfolio of London property. Money will not motivate him. I think his biggest driver for the next two or three years is to prove his worth as a manager. He seems happy with Derby so I think he'll give it everything to go through promotion and climb above the middle of the Premier League. By doing this, he'll prove himself. What might hold him up is if he reaches a situation where he knows he's got to buy one or more players and the money isn't available.

I reckon three seasons minimum.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've got him for 3 seasons for sure. When Frank signed he said he spoke to Mel for a long time and what each wanted. I'm sure Frank would have spoken about Mel giving him time if all was not going well. That said I'm sure Mel would have had a reassurance from Frank that if he did well he would at least stay for the duration of his contract. 

I said when Frank signed that I was happy to get on the lampard express and where it was going nobody knew. I think we're heading in the right direction 

On 05/11/2018 at 17:36, jono said:

Anyway .. to answer the OP .. if we go up he’ll stay ......unless Chelsea or West Ham offer him a job. ?

I thought the West Ham fans don't like him?. Sure I read there is bad blood since he left.

I hope we keep him but I can see him going to Bournemouth when Eddie Hoew leaves to become the Spurs manager after Pochettino joins Real Madrid. It tends to have a collateral effect. Uncle Arry also lives around that area so I can see him trying to persuade Frank to join them. Let’s hope he says duck off uncle Arry.

44 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Lampard joins Bournemouth, he then becomes the England manager after Southgate resigns as England manager after 2022 World Cup. After the England job, he then becomes Chelsea manager.

#Lampsmanagerialcareer

Mclovin is that you?

image.png

I genuinely don't think that we have anything to worry about, the only team I think he'd leave us for is Chelsea. We've got a Category 1 academy with youth players near the top end of their respective tables. We've got a state-of-the-art brand new training ground with pitches replicating every possible surface you can play on, and an owner willing to invest in making sure the manager has everything he needs. (I'm pretty sure Mel ripped up the old pitch and replaced it with the best pitch you could buy because Clement wanted a similar pitch to the one he had at Real Madrid?)

What bottom half PL team has even anything like this? Frank has shown he is a loyal guy, I doubt that'd change just because a club in the Premier League offers him a higher wage. If his approach to management is the same as it was when he was a player, he'd be the type to want to work daily improving a team and himself to reach the very top. 

2 hours ago, Lambchop said:

How are Bournemouth a step up from a promoted Derby?

Uncle Arry will kidnap him and drive im down there. 

To be fair Bournemouth are an established premier league club, play great football and lots of great young players. He wouldn’t need to change a lot if anything if Howe left. They’re 6th in the premier league at the moment I think?

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

I hope we keep him but I can see him going to Bournemouth when Eddie Hoew leaves to become the Spurs manager after Pochettino joins Real Madrid. It tends to have a collateral effect. Uncle Arry also lives around that area so I can see him trying to persuade Frank to join them. Let’s hope he says duck off uncle Arry.

No disrespect intended to Bournemouth but, I think he's more likely to be tempted away by a much bigger club.

19 hours ago, BrentW said:

He's smart. George Best invested his money in fast cars, loose women and drink. He frittered away the rest.! Frank has got a sizeable portfolio of London property. Money will not motivate him. I think his biggest driver for the next two or three years is to prove his worth as a manager. He seems happy with Derby so I think he'll give it everything to go through promotion and climb above the middle of the Premier League. By doing this, he'll prove himself. What might hold him up is if he reaches a situation where he knows he's got to buy one or more players and the money isn't available.

I reckon three seasons minimum.

I reckon/hope you're right about three years minimum. He seems to be a man of integrity (and not a snake).

After that though, assuming he's achieved what you've described, then it probably won't be money that lures him away, it will be a bigger club. I'm sure he's got ambition to manage a title challenging team playing in Europe regularly. That aint going to happen any time soon for Derby or any other club than maybe the usual 5 or 6 big boys.

33 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Uncle Arry will kidnap him and drive im down there. 

To be fair Bournemouth are an established premier league club, play great football and lots of great young players. He wouldn’t need to change a lot if anything if Howe left. They’re 6th in the premier league at the moment I think?

Are you mad? They are where they are because an owner flouted FairPlay rules for a very good coach who has them at pinnacle of what they can be , lampard is on a hiding to nothing going there to replace Eddie Howe , at Derby he has an owner that will back him  ,facilities to match the very best clubs already in place ,a very good ground in place that can easily be extended to 40 odd thousand capacity and a fan base that at its worst is much bigger than Bournemouth s at its best ,a club with real history , it has the potential to go better than Bournemouth easily and given that frank will be given god like status in a real football town for just matching where Bournemouth are now then it’s a no brainer ,, Bournemouth are a flash story that everyone knows the bubble will burst and they will end up back where 12 thou max crowds anchors you at , where as clubs like Derby are a burst bubble that everyone is expecting the rise of again at some point ,,,

get a grip mate ,I’m not stupid enough to think Derby are the extent of lamps ambition and personal potential but he is no flash in the pan rowett type who desperately needs to get a quick crack at the prem before he tarnishes ,, there’s a reason the players are buying into him in the way they are 

Only been here 5 minutes and you lot are discussing when he's leaving, have a word! Probably the same lot that are looking at booking the next holiday whilst sat on Benidorm beach and watch an entire live gig through your iPhone screens.

The sun will set at night, rise in the morning and one day Frank will leave this football club, let's just enjoy the time we have together and think about what's next when the time arrives. 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I reckon/hope you're right about three years minimum. He seems to be a man of integrity (and not a snake).

After that though, assuming he's achieved what you've described, then it probably won't be money that lures him away, it will be a bigger club. I'm sure he's got ambition to manage a title challenging team playing in Europe regularly. That aint going to happen any time soon for Derby or any other club than maybe the usual 5 or 6 big boys.

It happened to Leicester. They had their 'day in the sun' playing in Europe. Just need the planets aligned.

2 hours ago, David said:

Only been here 5 minutes and you lot are discussing when he's leaving, have a word! Probably the same lot that are looking at booking the next holiday whilst sat on Benidorm beach and watch an entire live gig through your iPhone screens.

The sun will set at night, rise in the morning and one day Frank will leave this football club, let's just enjoy the time we have together and think about what's next when the time arrives. 

Surely it's an Android phone? ?

5 hours ago, Shang said:

I genuinely don't think that we have anything to worry about, the only team I think he'd leave us for is Chelsea. We've got a Category 1 academy with youth players near the top end of their respective tables. We've got a state-of-the-art brand new training ground with pitches replicating every possible surface you can play on, and an owner willing to invest in making sure the manager has everything he needs. (I'm pretty sure Mel ripped up the old pitch and replaced it with the best pitch you could buy because Clement wanted a similar pitch to the one he had at Real Madrid?)

What bottom half PL team has even anything like this? Frank has shown he is a loyal guy, I doubt that'd change just because a club in the Premier League offers him a higher wage. If his approach to management is the same as it was when he was a player, he'd be the type to want to work daily improving a team and himself to reach the very top. 

I agree. He wants success not money!

If he gets a top 6 job because he’s been successful here then everyone will wish him well hopefully. 

What would be disappointing is if he went to a Watford or Palace after a couple of years of not getting us up. 

But it that’s getting very much ahead of ourselves. Early days yet. 

Archived