Derby County v Aston Villa Match Thread

AmericanRam

9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I see that. but it is tough. Does that mean you don't start Mount if fit? And also leave Tomori out? If you're saying "unchanged" is that with Waghorn who started or Bennett who played most of the game?

I’d put Mount on the bench if fit; Holmes got MotM so would be harsh and shows we can play without Mount. If Foghorn is fit I would start him and keep Bennett for impact sub. The Mount issue is tricky but keep him fresh I’d say. Also would like to see Tomori back in but Davies does keep the defensive shape better. 

All very healthy selection problems to have though.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Ellafella said:

I’d put Mount on the bench if fit; Holmes got MotM so would be harsh and shows we can play without Mount. If Foghorn is fit I would start him and keep Bennett for impact sub. The Mount issue is tricky but keep him fresh I’d say. Also would like to see Tomori back in but Davies does keep the defensive shape better. 

If Mount is fit he starts Holmes got MOM but I am not sure how he was decent second half but he is nowhere near has good as Mount right now.

Doubt Waghorn will be fit so start Jozefoon return Bennett to the bench he is not a has effective starting reminds me of Hendrick in that respect at similar stage.

Tomori definitely comes back in Villa have pace up front and if Davies was more match I would have started him but for this one leave Keogh in there.

5 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Agreed and at some point (rather too early at the moment) Lamps will have to look forward to life with out the loanees. He will have to integrate the players he has now at some point, unless he is going to strengthen in the Jan window or wait and see where we are in the summer.

We can beat villa. 2-0 win. I hate villa, despise them actually. Average side who just buy 7 players for every position. Wilson to score along with Jack. People saying that Villa have an advantage because smith hasn’t played against us this season need to realise that we BEAT dean smith Brentford 3-1.

4 hours ago, David said:

I'll be extremely disappointed if that's not a double bluff. There is nothing to be gained in revealing your team to your opponents the day before and Frank should know better. It will be brilliant if it comes to 2pm on Saturday and we find Mason's name there on the team sheet.

1 minute ago, SillyBilly said:

A few hours ago the ticket office tweeted expected crowd was 28-29k.

... as i mentioned yesterday... there are only 1400 left on line but this is not the real numbers left, as the club do not show all available tickets on the on line ticket site. Not sure why they do it like this.

Archived