Derby County v Aston Villa Match Thread

AmericanRam

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched their game last Friday. Looked bit disjointed so glad we play them now, not after Smith has got his message through.

Will be a tough opponent anyway, lots of quality in that team. Especially, McGinn. Runs as much as Bryson but has more quality with the ball.

20 minutes ago, Boss said:

Anybody know if you buy a ticket through a season ticket holder for the £20 price - do you have to sit by them? 

No you don't, you can pick any seat (obviously as long as there isn't someone in it already ?

21 hours ago, angieram said:

We have been telling people for weeks on here that you can get them for £20 each through season ticket holders. The club has been advertising it widely too.

I can't believe so many of you don't actually know a season ticket holder! 

Have to be honest, as a season ticket holder since 1984, I didn’t know about it and haven’t seen any information from the club about it. Not a single communication from them at all.

On 06/11/2018 at 10:15, Sparkle said:

Villa have one major advantage for this game, their manager has already seen us play very well when his very good Brentford side were beaten 3-1 by the Rams so it will be intresting how he plays his newly acquired villa players

Although I agree with this. It also could be that Dean Smith will have a dilemma. He knows how Derby played, he also knows how he wants his team to play? So does he change what he is trying to instil (unless he believes this is the best way to contain/beat us?)

2 hours ago, WystonRam said:

Have to be honest, as a season ticket holder since 1984, I didn’t know about it and haven’t seen any information from the club about it. Not a single communication from them at all.

Well, I have had an email about it, it's been on their website several times and is on Twitter regularly. I honestly don't know what more they can do.

We've also been talking about it on here for several weeks. 

"You can lead a horse to water....."

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

Hardly. People are willing to take it up,just didn't know about it.

Just now, RamNut said:

Hardly. People are willing to take it up,just didn't know about it.

My point is, that the information was out there!

People are savvy enough to come on here and moan about it, yet not savvy enough to read the message on the club website about the options for buying tickets to the match. It's the first place I'd look.

Even if you missed the emails, didn't see the tweets or read the ticket section on the club website, when you actually go to buy tickets the offer is there as well, has been since they went on sale.

I guess the club could have sent Mel round knocking on every fan with a customer numbers door, might have looked a bit desperate though.

Screenshot 2018-11-08 at 08.59.15.png

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Well, I have had an email about it, it's been on their website several times and is on Twitter regularly. I honestly don't know what more they can do.

We've also been talking about it on here for several weeks. 

No emails at all...nothing, so clearly no water delivered to me to drink...

1 minute ago, WystonRam said:

No emails at all...nothing, so clearly no water delivered to me to drink...

Check your junk/spam box, might have ended up in there if you have signed up for the emails. I've had 2 now, one yesterday and one on the 9th October

Screenshot 2018-11-08 at 09.35.38.png

Screenshot 2018-11-08 at 09.35.53.png

Archived