Derby County v Birmingham City Match Thread.

AmericanRam

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've been the better side here, deserve to be level at the very least. Birmingham have had one chance and taken it, and now they're more than happy to waste time with over a half of football left to play.

The good news is, for all the talk about how well organised and solid at the back Birmingham are, we have created some good chances. If the game continues in the same manner we can definitely find our way back into it.

1 minute ago, Doodle said:

Rested the wrong players. Bogle awful Keogh about the same. Holmes is shockingly bad in the central area. Need Johnson on for him at HT. we can still win this coyr 

How is Holmes awful?

He's only been outpassed by Huddlestone in terms of numbers and has a found a Derby player with 90% of them. He's been coming deep to help Hudds find space and has been covering for both fullbacks. He's been class in this half.

Only really the final balls have been missing. Defense has been shaky, but defense is always shaky.

When the final ball has been there, Camp has been equal to the effort so far. 

Still generally controlling the game. 

I don't think we've played well but we shouldn't be losing, Keogh's missed a sitter and Camps made 2 or 3 smart saves to keep them ahead. 

We're pretty sloppy though, so many wayward passes which hasn't been the case recently. Hopefully we'll come out like we did vs Sheffield United last time out at home. 

Better team again, find ourselves behind again, down to a stupid early goal, again. I’ll say it, again, we’re the best team in this league but we will achieve the square root of duck all until we start doing the basics better. Looking after the ball, marking better, and making the right decisions in the final third.

We don’t concede that stupid early goal and we’re 2-0 up imo. But once again we do through lack of concentration and give ourselves a mountain to climb, for the umpteenth time this season. We have to get a grip on this or one of the best Derby teams in years will finish midtable at best.

More positively, massively impressed by Holmes and Huddlestone as per. Lawrence and Forsyth... less so. I could’ve scored that Keogh chance blindfolded, once again little moments change games and you have to be more clinical. God knows what’ll happen second half, but that was frustrating, it’s not far off right but it’s the same things wrong all the time.

lets hope we hit em second half, but luck seems to be with them as well atm. Let’s hope things are different full time COYR

Mostly okay with a touch of awful here and there.

There were several passages of sloppy play and if you look at some of the daft stuff... I think Marriott took a shot from an impossible angle and miles out that was a waste of the ball. Moments later Bogle (who's constantly making completely stupid mistakes of simple stuff) makes another terrible pass to Carson that he struggles to deal with. Eventually Brum scored. It's not that we gifted them a chance exactly but we are handing them momentum and belief and making ourselves anxious with pure stupidity.

Wilson, he had a shot from 25-30 yards out when there was support. This is the kind of thing that drives me mad. He'll score one and get credit for winning a game but this is where we have probably missed out on creating a better opening. It didn't open up for him.

Just frustrating daft stuff

Not sure which game people are at where Derby are the better side. I wish I’d gone though, instead of coming to PP.

Davies for Tomori weakened the team. Huddlestone looking good but Wilson+Holmes is not a midfield.

We are missing Mount so badly. And Bryson. Can probably live without one, not both.

COYR!!

Decent play around Brums box from Derby for a few minutes but cant find a way through.

Camp booked for time wasting on the resulting GK though. 

Lee Camp booked for time wasting in the 50th minute. Well done to the ref for trying to nip it in the bud earlyish, even though it has been going on from about 30 minutes onwards. Most refs don't tend to book for time-wasting until the last 10 minutes.

Archived