V Middlesbrough (A) Match Thread

Millenniumram

Defence + Carson doing there best and succeeding in making a mistake which leads to a goal.

been saying for a while that Bogle defensively is poor and he shows that again, I don’t care if your 8 or 18 you don’t do that. USE THE OTHER FOOT.

Nuge proving again why he’s a terrible finisher. Get him in the 23s.

im sure I’ll be happy with 7 points when I’ve calmed down but no clean sheet and drawing to Boro in that way takes the life out of me. Big questions for Frank in some positions!

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Why is everyone saying bogle will learn and move on? That was Carson’s every day of the week. Carson seriously let down his team mate there. 

So gutted we lost that game. 

Nah, Carson was 50/50 at best to get there and leaves the goal completely open if he doesn’t make it. Right choice by Carson. Bogle could have another 100 goes at that clearance and it wouldn’t have gone in the back of the net.

Should have had the game won in the first 20 minutes or via Nuge towards the end.

We seemed to lack a little bit of composure today. Perhaps a bit too excited at the prospect of going top. Good point though. 

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

Why is everyone saying bogle will learn and move on? That was Carson’s every day of the week. Carson seriously let down his team mate there. 

So gutted we lost that game. 

I may have some good news for you, that may just cheer you up...

Bogle must start the next game or his confidence will be destroyed. It could be argued that his mistake was no more costly than Nugent’s miss or Wilson’s air shot. If any one of them had not happened we would have won the game, so it is grossly unfair to single out Bogle. We got a fantastic seven points from nine, so let’s credit the players rather than pillory them - ALL of them.

The fact so many of us are disappointed with a point says a lot about how this team has got us believing again. 7 from 9 against 3 of the top sides in the division is great. The fact we kind of expected 9 from 9 after the 4 -1 result says it all. Onwards and upwards I say.  

In spirit of a great week..

Thought Pulis was classy on Sky. His team have just gone top! Yet he was talking about how good we were...could easily have been lot more defensive in his answers - at least if not his play.

Prutton was very positive about us again...always liked him as a co- commentator and he was more than fair both games.

Bent... nice lad. But he is a bit of a nothing on analysis isnt he. Insight into Derby dressing room aside as a neutral he is rubbish.

Ref... offside for their goal was debatable and not his call anyway. Let tackles go...good solid game. 

The first half an hour was like watching Man City, we just got tired, which was expected. Boro were terrible, created nothing, they got lucky in the end. The Nugent miss was a game changer, he should bury that 9/10. I am happy with 7 points, the schedule has been tough on us. 

Well that’s as cold as I’ve been for many a month. Our football warmed the cockles though especially in the first half. We needed to score the second one which we deserved and then it would have been won. Not to be, but considering I’ve left boro more often disappointed than happy I’ll take this point. 

Mount was excellent so too Wilson and Hudds. And the comments from amongst the Boro fans walking back to the car confirmed we were the better team, played the better football and they got away with the point. Unbeaten after three tough fixtures will do me. 

We looked tired by the end. One or two could do with Wednesday off. 10/10 for character and effort as well as skill. 

23 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

In spirit of a great week..

Thought Pulis was classy on Sky. His team have just gone top! Yet he was talking about how good we were...could easily have been lot more defensive in his answers - at least if not his play.

Prutton was very positive about us again...always liked him as a co- commentator and he was more than fair both games.

Bent... nice lad. But he is a bit of a nothing on analysis isnt he. Insight into Derby dressing room aside as a neutral he is rubbish.

Ref... offside for their goal was debatable and not his call anyway. Let tackles go...good solid game. 

After the match all that Pulis said was that after the first 20 minutes of our spell they should of been out of sight?? Really?? 

You would of taken 7 out of 9 points all day long i thought 5 at best so massive bonus and well done to the lads

However when your one up especially against a team who are going to be there or there abouts and in the last throws of a game you need to see the game out,its what makes the difference between teams who are top six and those who are not,bit sloppy in the end but no blame on Bogle he will go again

We were the better team today, no question. Some of the football was outstanding. Even with all their play in red second half never really felt like we would concede. We’ll never score an og like that again, thought Bogle played well until that point but his head went after that and made some mistakes afterwards - no blame for him - he won’t dwell on it.

Mount Hudds and Lawrence the pick for me, Tomori and Keogh were also excellent. In fact I don’t think anyone had a bad game. Can’t believe some people have been calling Carson for not commanding his area. He’s came and got some important punches in the last two games, not to blame for the goal and he clearly wasn’t right at the time.

Its two points dropped based on the performance but means nothing at this stage as so early in the season. It’s all about performance at the moment, and we’ve just played 3 promotion contenders back to back and outplayed them. 

We have a lot to be happy about!

Archived