“We’ve not been tested against top teams yet”

Day

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Could be argued that playing against the better teams suits us, think we created more chances tonight than we did in the Millwall, Rotherham, Bolton games added together.

If you want to play foorball against us we'll give you a game. I still worry about the parking the bus sides who we can't press as the defenders only have one hoof up the pitch.

Doesn't get much better than that, brilliant to watch as well.

I said when he was hired, having Frank in charge makes it impossible to dislike you. 

Together with his connections and ability to attract the cream of the crop youth wise, it could be a very special couple of years for you lot as fans.

Cant think of a better away result league wise for you for a good few years.

Enjoy it. Don't let anyone spoil it for you. Great game, well played.

1 hour ago, cannable said:

We’re so good at pressing. So so good. 

Feet on the ground though guys. Don’t get me wrong, I’d kiss Frank Lampard in the face but we still struggle breaking teams down. Still some development to go. 

Agreed, we not there yet but rest assured it’s coming & when we get there we all gonna have to hold on tight because we will take off big time!!!

1 hour ago, cannable said:

We’re so good at pressing. So so good. 

Feet on the ground though guys. Don’t get me wrong, I’d kiss Frank Lampard in the face but we still struggle breaking teams down. Still some development to go. 

I could drink cider all night, we press like there’s no tomorrow.... trouble is I’ve had six pints of fine ale and am waiting for my pizza now. What a fine day and I love Jack even more 

11 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

?

Could be argued that playing against the better teams suits us, think we created more chances tonight than we did in the Millwall, Rotherham, Bolton games added together.

We created the most chances in a Championship game this season!!

22 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

Cant think of a better away result league wise for you for a good few years.

Boro away last year was bloody good. I know Monk's Boro weren't up to much but to see us dispatch them with ease at their own place, where we've struggled for so many years, was fantastic. Last night was more impressive in terms of performance, however.

1 hour ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Boro away last year was bloody good. I know Monk's Boro weren't up to much but to see us dispatch them with ease at their own place, where we've struggled for so many years, was fantastic. Last night was more impressive in terms of performance, however.

We did not play well at Boro, took our chances but it was not an easy win. We were second best for long periods. 

31 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

We did not play well at Boro, took our chances but it was not an easy win. We were second best for long periods. 

We were, but at that point I remember the novelty of aa competent defence being actually eenjoyable. Ok, if the price for that was literally ggiving up on every other aspect of football, probably nnot worth it in the long run.
But Jesus, anyone rremember hanging oonto a one goal lead under Mac was terrifying wwhatever hhappened iin the end.

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

We were, but at that point I remember the novelty of aa competent defence being actually eenjoyable. Ok, if the price for that was literally ggiving up on every other aspect of football, probably nnot worth it in the long run.
But Jesus, anyone rremember hanging oonto a one goal lead under Mac was terrifying wwhatever hhappened iin the end.

Have you got a stutter?

3 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Makes a change. Normally against Boro we play all the football and get beat. 2 -0 Derby as the race to the top continues. 

My internal voice is whispering sweet nothings roughly in line with your positivity.

But, when anyone asks me how we're doing, I keep answering "midtable will be fine, it's a rebuilding season, no pressure on our rookie manager"!

3 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

My internal voice is whispering sweet nothings roughly in line with your positivity.

But, when anyone asks me how we're doing, I keep answering "midtable will be fine, it's a rebuilding season, no pressure on our rookie manager"!

Man up Revel ?- we're good. Sing it loud, sing it proud and be damned if you're wrong. They'll not remember long in any case ?

3 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Correct @Angry Ram. If ever there was a game where the exception proved the rule that was it. Derby won 3-0 and yet it “felt” like a drubbing. A bit like Hull at home...was it 5-0?! ...yet felt like 5-6 to Hull. Hate Rowett-ball and all it stands for. ?

Archived