Harry Wilson is at it again!

Day

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Same as old trafford, keeper steps to the left for some reason?

The spin on the ball looks like it should curl to the keepers left but the ball actually swerves a little to the keepers right. He’s wrong footed and the pace of the shot means he can’t adjust to make the save in time.

As was mentioned when he did it at Old Trafford, the technique is hard to get right and there’s an element of luck in the ball moving the opposite way once it’s been struck. He’s clearly getting the technique right more often and I don’t doubt he’ll score a lot more of these free kicks throughout his career.

9 minutes ago, roboto said:

The spin on the ball looks like it should curl to the keepers left but the ball actually swerves a little to the keepers right. He’s wrong footed and the pace of the shot means he can’t adjust to make the save in time.

As was mentioned when he did it at Old Trafford, the technique is hard to get right and there’s an element of luck in the ball moving the opposite way once it’s been struck. He’s clearly getting the technique right more often and I don’t doubt he’ll score a lot more of these free kicks throughout his career.

Only point I disagree with is you doubting he’ll score more like this. Two in a short space of time suggests he’s learning the habit ?

1 hour ago, plymouthram said:

Hope Frank was watching that match, with 3 Rams players on show. Wilson should be our main free kick taker from now on.

Disagree. Depends where about on the pitch / how close to the goal the free kick is given but you have got to include Mount in on free kicks. It's great to have a choice !!

Slow-mo suggests keeper should have done better, but when played at full pace don’t think he had a chance.  

In any event, don’t know why anybody would be churlish about giving praise to a ‘Derby’ player scoring an international goal.  The pros watching it seemed quite impressed anyway.

I swear we're going to have more goals scored from direct FKs than open play this season. Another well taken FK - the pace is all you really need if its on target.

I'm also developing an irrational hatred of all commentators, too. "Right in the top corner!", he says. Was it duck.

Archived