Mount & Tomori v Chelsea - granted permission to play

Rammeister

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

Chelsea could well be shooting themselves in the foot here. I'd imagine they will rest players, so it could be another close game.

I hope they do, but part of my thinking on the logic behind this decision is they've thought, "we're planning on playing a strong team, so it shouldn't make a difference".

If they play a mostly reserve side after this decision they're mad (although still fav's to win).

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can genuinely see this decision coming back to bite Chelsea. Lamps will get them all so fired up. Now with Mount and Tomori playing too - they'll go out playing for their future careers. 

Advanced prediction for you mozza. Chelsea 1 - 2 Derby, Mount FRGS

I'm rubbing my hands together at the thought of this, its not all i'm rubbing either. 

I'm not at all surprised. Makes perfect sense from Chelsea's point of view; it is a rare and excellent opportunity to see the pair up against the kind of quality they will need to play against if they are ever to make it into the first team. A good benchmarking operation.

7 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

I'm not at all surprised. Makes perfect sense from Chelsea's point of view; it is a rare and excellent opportunity to see the pair up against the kind of quality they will need to play against if they are ever to make it into the first team. A good benchmarking operation.

Where as I am surprised, you say it's a rare and excellent opportunity but we played Manchester United in the previous round, I'm sure their performances did not go unnoticed down at the Bridge.

They can play, but can they do it consistently at that level, that is the question they need to know and that will come by playing week in week out at the top level, most likely with another loan.

Mount did have offers in the summer to play in the Premier League, his performances will only open up more choices of destination, I don't see why Tomori won't also have the opportunity next season to step a level as well if he continues as he has been.

Ideally they will both step up with us and be here for another season, I'm sure if we did go up Frank would be on the phone the next morning sweet talking Roman. 

I'm happy both can play in the cup, really am, but the risk heavily outweighs the reward for Chelsea, my fiver will be going on Mount to score outside the box.

I'd previously decided it was good for them to have a rest and a way to give Curtis 90 minutes.

Interesting team selection now. Everyone will be playing out of their skin against the Baggies as they know a strong performance there will mean a start at Stamford Bridge. 

Full marks to Chelsea for letting their boys play. 

2 hours ago, OohMartWright said:

Wow, didn't see that coming. Great news, and kudos to Chelsea for allowing them to play.

Think kudos is down to Frank, cosmic nails it in my book.

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

Wonder if we’d have been allowed if Super Frank wasn’t in charge?

Not that I’m complaining!

Frank said they were in discussion not long after the draw made, hardly s big fuss to Chelsea’s team of superstars, but the cynic in me says no way would anyone else have got this big concession to us, small to Chelsea.

Not complaining either!

Archived