Alan Hinton - Slightly Out of Touch!

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Also, does anyone know why, on every single one of his tweets, he replaces full stops with question marks?

I don't know? Maybe it's how he writes an inflection? Like how Australians talk? You know what I mean? 

Back in Alan's time there was a few who would go and watch whoever was playing at home, Derby, Notts County, Gumps, Burton, Gresley, Ilson etc.....its what his generation tended to do.

My generation wanted to kick duck out of the mardy treetards and would rather watch Jeremy Kyle than the Garibaldi gumps.

Boycie is right. Ive never seen a half and half scarf on sale at a Rams v Gumps match.

7 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Back in Alan's time there was a few who would go and watch whoever was playing at home, Derby, Notts County, Gumps, Burton, Gresley, Ilson etc.....its what his generation tended to do.

My generation wanted to kick duck out of the mardy treetards and would rather watch Jeremy Kyle than the Garibaldi gumps.

Boycie is right. Ive never seen a half and half scarf on sale at a Rams v Gumps match.

@David!

10 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Also, does anyone know why, on every single one of his tweets, he replaces full stops with question marks?

He has been asked that in the past, the question marks are his way of inviting people to answer and reply to his tweets. 

10 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I love to go a wandering to see what I can wreck 

And when I find a Forest fan I'll wring his f+++ing neck.

Tra-a -lee  tra -la la 

I'll wring his f+++ing neck.

You mean that generation?

Hinton played for Forest before us. When he left us, Forest were still a little second division club. We were one of the elite top flight clubs. There wasn't much rivalry as we were on a quite different level. I suspect that it was a similar relationship to that we now have with Burton. I know a few Rams fans watch Burton when we're not at home and they are. Some Brewers fans also turn up regularly to Pride Park. Maybe in Hinton's day some Rams watched little Forest for the love of football and some Red Dogs watched the Rams to see what top class football looked like?

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

Hinton played for Forest before us. When he left us, Forest were still a little second division club. We were one of the elite top flight clubs. There wasn't much rivalry as we were on a quite different level. I suspect that it was a similar relationship to that we now have with Burton. I know a few Rams fans watch Burton when we're not at home and they are. Some Brewers fans also turn up regularly to Pride Park. Maybe in Hinton's day some Rams watched little Forest for the love of football and some Red Dogs watched the Rams to see what top class football looked like?

Some gumps still do, eh @Red_Dawn?

Archived