The Championship 18/19

Day

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think everyone else is playing for second place. Fully expect Leeds to go on and win the league from here. Be interesting to see if Norwich can keep it going to go up with them, the rest of the league’s only hope is if they faulter. If they do then right now the Baggies are looking best placed to capitalise.

My gut feel is we’re in a scrap for 4th to 6th with Boro, Sheff U, Red Dogs Villa and Stoke. I think we’d have taken that at the start of the season.

7 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Leeds will burn out and have a bad run. Wait and see.

Think they've got a small squad and a few injured already, haven't they? Today's win seems to have come despite several players being out.

Depends what they do in January...

Ok, so I was joking about Mason Bennett. 

Bielsa seems to have turned a mid table side into an absolute machine. How much has he spent compared to us? 

Two late goals again, and the same for Norwich. That seems to speak of a winning mentality which we are currently lacking. 

It seems that every year we get leapfrogged by sides making inspired managerial appointments. 

5 hours ago, Lambchop said:

Ok, so I was joking about Mason Bennett. 

Bielsa seems to have turned a mid table side into an absolute machine. How much has he spent compared to us? 

Two late goals again, and the same for Norwich. That seems to speak of a winning mentality which we are currently lacking. 

It seems that every year we get leapfrogged by sides making inspired managerial appointments. 

Leeds change managers more than anyone. They may have a good one now (time will tell) but they’re hardly making inspired decisions. 11 managers in 6 calendar years says a lot.

They spent £7M+ on Bamford and £3M+ on Douglas so their net spend is higher than ours.

Archived