The Championship 18/19

Day

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Topram said:

Luckily most results in our favour

Couple of form teams creeping closer though. Bristol City only two points off, 9 unbeaten. Hull now in the mix, 6 wins in a row have shot them up the table. Which battle are we in? The one from 6th up or 6th down to about 12th?

57 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Scores looking good so far if we're looking down rather than up.

Still 4 points clear of 7th as it stands, remarkably... don't think it'll stay that way though...

Crazy results and championship this season. How are we 6th 2 pts clear? Bristol city and Hull are the ones to watch. 

If Mel and co can’t see this is the window to push and go poo and bust with transfers then there blind. Say we scrape into the playoffs again! Do we really want to make the numbers up like last season? I ain’t bothered  ? 

Com’on Mel go for it, if we don’t make it up then sell the club, cos that’s one way our FFP as Villa have shown.  

1 minute ago, Remy the hare said:

Crazy results and championship this season. How are we 6th 2 pts clear? Bristol city and Hull are the ones to watch. 

If Mel and co can’t see this is the window to push and go poo and bust with transfers then there blind. Say we scrape into the playoffs again! Do we really want to make the numbers up like last season? I ain’t bothered  ? 

Com’on Mel go for it, if we don’t make it up then sell the club, cos that’s one way our FFP as Villa have shown.  

How many millions do we have to spurn in panic before we learn though? Why can't Frank just improve what we've got instead of having to blow more millions? His dealings so far leave a lot to be desired. Should we give him funds so he can spend another 10+ million on a bunch of players that don't make the first 11?! Ride it out for me, earn his corn. We all want him to learn an improve so crack on Frank, show us you can. 

Everybody on this forum would have taken 6th before a ball was kicked so I'd see that as an achievement, just like last year was. It was meant to be a transitional season so let's see it through. We're looking ok at the half way point, I'm sure Frank has confidence in his and his coaching staff's ability to build on our season. 

35 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

The only thing selling Villa did was allow them to pay the bills again. They are still very much at risk when it comes to FFP.

15 minutes ago, GenBr said:

The only thing selling Villa did was allow them to pay the bills again. They are still very much at risk when it comes to FFP.

They still signed Mcginn and loaned Abraham for a big wage and turned down 20m + for grelash. It can’t be that bad. FFP is a farce. 

24 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

They still signed Mcginn and loaned Abraham for a big wage and turned down 20m + for grelash. It can’t be that bad. FFP is a farce. 

They still have parachute payments this season. Next season they don't.

1 hour ago, Remy the hare said:

Wow. Just wow.

1 hour ago, Remy the hare said:

If you're serious then this is lunacy. Haven't we learnt anything about the last 3 years spending spree?

Think you're joking really.

Archived