The Championship 18/19

Day

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, RamNut said:

Not a bad day for us today with Leeds, sheff utd, and forest all losing; villa, hull, and boro all drawing. 

6pts to 8th

There is a nice little gap opening up now. We need to use this run of “better” fixtures to really secure our place.

We can obviously never discount anybody, but I’m glad that of the chasing pack it’s Bristol City that are closest to us. They go through extreme streaks of form - good and bad - so I’m expecting them to fall off again before the end of the season.

39 minutes ago, Kernow said:

There is a nice little gap opening up now. We need to use this run of “better” fixtures to really secure our place.

We can obviously never discount anybody, but I’m glad that of the chasing pack it’s Bristol City that are closest to us. They go through extreme streaks of form - good and bad - so I’m expecting them to fall off again before the end of the season.

Realistically we should be aiming for an unbeaten February. That should really put us in a good position for the last couple of months. Especially with everyone around us still needing to play each other again, they’ll be taking points off each other. 

Our next really difficult fixture is villa in March I think, and the only team in the top 6 that we need to play is West Brom on the last day. That might get a bit tasty. 

43 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Just need them to start believing they are a Premier League team and training as one, that’s eniugh to derail Bristol City’s season

2 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Realistically we should be aiming for an unbeaten February. That should really put us in a good position for the last couple of months. Especially with everyone around us still needing to play each other again, they’ll be taking points off each other. 

Our next really difficult fixture is villa in March I think, and the only team in the top 6 that we need to play is West Brom on the last day. That might get a bit tasty. 

We play Hull in a couple of weeks - I don't really think they will be any less tough to beat than Villa would be at the moment. Other than that though after Villa our toughest run looks to be the last 4 games of the season -Birmingham, QPR, Bristol and WBA

10 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

After the last few seasons, a win in February would be a nice change.....

34 minutes ago, David said:

If reports of his previous sulks are true then not the best signing when you're struggling against relegation. Wouldn't mind him here to give us another option but highly unlikely Norwich would loan him out to another promotion challenger

24 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

If reports of his previous sulks are true then not the best signing when you're struggling against relegation. Wouldn't mind him here to give us another option but highly unlikely Norwich would loan him out to another promotion challenger

One of those could be really good but quite often just isn't strikers imo

2 hours ago, David said:

Although Bolasie claims HE ended the loan deal to try and get into the Everton side, and is unhappy that Villa have claimed it was them. 

11 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Well it’s more than we got for the championship golden boot 

That's different though.

£12m for Mepham is huge - he's a 21 year old Brentford academy product.

Young British academy graduates are where the money's at. 

9 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

That's different though.

£12m for Mepham is huge - he's a 21 year old Brentford academy product.

Young British academy graduates are where the money's at. 

Not the golden boot then who has premiership and international experience ?

Archived