v Brentford (H) Match Thread

Boycie

7 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Bryson played well (especially that assist) but he didn’t deserve MOTM today. The amount of ground that Mount covered in that first half was absolutely insane, and he supplemented it with real quality. Thought Wilson and Nuge were excellent as well.

Don’t be a fool

bryso was man of the match 

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Think we can easily get tomoroi of chelsea, they wont care much for him. 1-2 mill is a bargain

Unless Chelsea decide they really, really want to do Frank favours, there's little to no chance we're getting him for that type of fee. They've got bigger fees than that for loaning out young players for just 1 season and have sold players in a similar position to Tomori (never making their 1st team but still young) for a lot more than 1-2 million

I feared the worst when we went 1-0 down so early on but this turn around proves this team has character. What a week for Frankie, a new baby and two performances that merited all 6pts and not just the 4pts we gathered. I hope we've become his baby too and that he'll nurture us and watch us grow into something he can be proud of. COYR. 

6 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Bryson played well (especially that assist) but he didn’t deserve MOTM today. The amount of ground that Mount covered in that first half was absolutely insane, and he supplemented it with real quality. Thought Wilson and Nuge were excellent as well.

Good to have the opinion from in the ground. Watching on-screen, I was thinking how well Bryson played. But you're right they were all good.

Mount is, of course, fabulous, but I thought it a bit of a waste when he tried to score from that freekick miles out on the wing instead of a whipped ball into the box. But I guess I'd have been applauding if it had gone in, and it's great for us that he's so full of confidence. A bit of a cross between Lampard and Beckham (what a thing to say, but it really does come naturally to him, gliding over the Pride Park turf). He will relish Old Trafford on Tuesday.

Honestly don't really care who got the MOTM call but everyone was on fire. A lot of players who are class on the ball don't put in the work off the ball and I find it amazing that Mount doesn't shy away from the dirty side of the game in the slightest. He shows his intelligence off the ball too, reacting quickly and closing down passing lanes and tracking free runners. He was at left back, at right back, in the centre of the park sliding to intercept a pass and get us on the counter immediately.  Great game from the lad and when Jody said he's got even more to come I kind of passed it off as a confidence comment but today I was thinking he has been getting better by the game and who knows, maybe he can get even better. Great performance all around and great game management in the second half - conserve energy, don't allow Brentford a sight of goal and job done.

On 19/09/2018 at 19:50, Doodle said:

Genuine question, what did you see in Wilson last night to have him starting on Saturday? Personally thought each sub we made last night made us less effective. Flo jo was poor last night but got to be worth a go against his former employers. Think the only change would be Nugent if he’s knackered 

Turned out well then? ?

Great performance.

this is the type of football we craved.

Showed that we can score counter attacking goals without resorting to Rowettball negativity.

Nuge proved me wrong. Theres still some life in old dog yet.

brentford are a good team but we smashed them.

That'll teach the feckers to come and play football against us .Seriously good side Brentford played some nice stuff but that was suicide tactics today for an away team . 

Even in the second half we looked the more likely  team starting to take shape , a bit to go but looking good. The first half was the best antidote to Rowettball I could have .

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

Great performance.

this is the type of football we craved.

Showed that we can score counter attacking goals without resorting to Rowettball negativity.

Nuge proved me wrong. Theres still some life in old dog yet.

brentford are a good team but we smashed them.

Thought Brentford were so slow and predictable in final third, Carson didn’t have to get out his deckchair 2nd half 

Archived