v Brentford (H) Match Thread

Boycie

25 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

He was good but mount was robbed of that award, best individual performance by any player this season imo against such tough opponents. Praise due to the whole midfield mind, Johnson was excellent as well.

Credit to everyone. No issues with Bryso MoM.

But Mount and Johnson were also excellent. Wilson great first half. Bogle very gd again..maybe a bit too “exuberant” going forward in the secondary half...

Great team performance.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got home from the match and wow, the first half was pure football, loved it all quality goals, ran midfielder, Bryson outstanding and Johnson not far behind him, but some fans in the east stand still moaned after one misplace pass, but in general the support was super, and second half we managed the game very well, Mount looks a special player who has a very bright future in the game, and also a big shout out to our coaching team, you can now start seeing how we are setting up to play, I am really looking forward to a very exciting season, this is why I am a positive ram, so those of you who thought we lose today, how did you see that performance? After Tuesday night I new this result was on the cards.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How do you know how that applies to us - FL & Mel said no re having to play so many games. Perhaps we'll just pay the money? Except he's good enough to play lots anyway! 

They apply to every Liverpool loan exit, it’s one of the first things Klopp did when he first became Liverpool manager. It shouldn’t be a problem anyway if Wilson continues to play like he did in this game.

On the Bryson MOTM debate, one of the things that swings it for me was his ball to Wilson for the first goal. Totally unselfish but maximizing the team's probability of scoring.

In contrast, both Bennett and Wilson were in positions when they should have set up teammates with gilt-edged chances, but they shot instead. We have to build the team ethic where we play the ball to our mate to give them an open goal instead of taking a 50/50 shot ourselves.

That said, it really was a tremendous performance - but I'm saying we need to take it to the next level. Happily we know Frank and Jody won't be content to rest on their laurels. I do think the reward for today will be an unchanged starting lineup at Old Trafford.

Just now, McLovin said:

They apply to every Liverpool loan exit, it’s one of the first things Klopp did when he first became Liverpool manager. It shouldn’t be a problem anyway if Wilson continues to play like he did in this game.

I know it applies. The point was we don't *have* to play him, we could pay more money. But he's been missed since his injury, him and Mount are in tune.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I know it applies. The point was we don't *have* to play him, we could pay more money. But he's been missed since his injury, him and Mount are in tune.

Oh sorry, yes if Wilson was rubbish then we would just have to pay the fine instead like Bristol City had to with Ryan Kent. He looks good though so fortunately we won’t have a Ryan Kent situation.

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Seems that it’s up to date, I was shocked too. Very odd. Most sites have him at 64 kg including the official Dcfc website but one site has him at 77kg which seems more accurate.

Bryson is also only 60kg, Johnson 68kg, Huddlestone 80kg and Keogh’s the fatty at 87kg.

Somehow I’m heavier than all of them ☹️

Wow! What a performance in the first half. With and without the ball. Simply brilliant. Brentford didn’t know where to turn. We were relentless. Second half managed the game never looked like conceding and actually looked the more threatening on the counter. The best performance since Mac1!! 

MoM is a difficult one because there were so many good performances. All the back 4 did well. Nuge ran his socks off and deserved his goal. Bennett did fine but was probably our weakest player today. Johnson again an excellent controlled performance.

For me the MoM has to come from the three players who covered the most ground in the match. Bryson, Mount and Wilson. They were brilliant and made us tick. Have absolutely no issue with Bryson getting it, he is well and truly back to his best! However in my view Mount almost matched Bryson’s work rate but combined it with some real top class genuine stardust so he was my MoM.

Not been buzzing like this after a game in some time!

Its starting to come together.

Quite telling that a good few are being touted on here for MOTM. Gotta be a good sign if multiple players are being put up as the best player on the park. My somewhat nostalgic two penn'orth would be that Bryso was the pick. He's taken a hammering at times on this forum but at the ripe old age of 31 he's now looking close to back to his best and his best is very, very good. I'll be trying hard not to get carried away but I said a few weeks back that I expected this side to 'dismantle' a few teams in the div once we found our feet. Today I think we pretty much dismantled Brentford and they're a pretty decent side. Whether we get promoted or not, the way we are trying to play is a breath of fresh air. Long may it last! COYR

59 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Don’t be a fool

bryso was man of the match 

In my view there were a couple of others today more deserving of winning MOM than Bryso, and when l get round to watching the match l will let you know if there were more.

Probably the best 44 minutes for along time at pp thought the link up play between Wilson and Mount was superb Brentford didn't know what to do Bryson never stopped chasing all game if we can produce performances like the last two games throughout the rest of the season we're in for some great entertainment , makes you realise how dour last season actually was. 

Archived