The Loanee Update Thread 18/19

Ramarena

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I planned in my head to pop along to Pittodrie today to welcome Max Lowe back, thought the reduced price from £26/£22 to £15 a ticket was going to swing it. I thought I'd take the train and watch the lunch time game Wolves v Leicester City in the Pittodrie Bar whilst enjoying a few pre match lagers followed by some Scottish Cup Live action.

I was even going to take my flag along and sit in the South Stand Corner freezing my Jimmy Crankies off ready to give Max Lowe a big wave. But unfortunately I was stupid enough to mention some of my little plan to her in doors......ermmm I think I'll pop to Pittodrie today, see how Max gets on, it's only £15 (whilst still thinking that's still a bit steep!) which was answered with a swift reply of, ......oh come on, we are going to take the youngest lad to go and feed the ducks today.......oh well I thought, she had a point.......

I caught up with Gillette Soccer Saturday just after half time, when it got dark, with no floodlights to be found anywhere for the ducks, and I pointed out straight away to her indoors, look, look, look, look who's blooming scored!!!!!!

Aberdeen 1-1 Stenhousemuir Sat 19th January 2019. Aberdeen Goal Scorer Mr Max Lowe.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46847738

Pre Match Build Up.........

I bet the suspense is killing ya........and that young Grant sounds like a good lad!!!!!

Here they come........enjoy this afternoons action!

Up The Ducks........quack, quack!!!!

OK it's been a busy couple of weeks so not been contributing. There's been a decent amount of movement so far this window as most will already be aware of. Hopefully I get all the changes right, if I've got anything wrong or missed anything feel free to correct!

Chris Martin started and seemed to play well in Hull's draw with Villa

Luke Thomas played the full game for Covs as they lost to Plymouth

Kelle Gordon wasn't in the squad for Lincoln’s victory

Nick Blackman and Gijon play tomorrow

As others have mentioned Kyle McAllister came on in the 55th min and scored the equaliser for St Mirren

George Thorne came on in the 69th min of Luton's win over Peterborough

Alex Pearce was an unused sub in Millwall's game against Boro

Max Lowe (as others again have mentioned) played the full 90 and scored in Aberdeens win

1 hour ago, Waffle said:

Harry Wilson replacement? I’ve got to say. I trust Mac’s eye for players 

I’m not sure he’s close enough to that level yet. Needs a solid period of playing 90 mins consistently, and needs to add a few more goals regularly. I don’t think their general play is too different. Definitely a talent and someone with a future either in the top 2 leagues in England, or top 3-4 clubs in Scotland. It’s up to him whether he can push for better. 

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I’m not sure he’s close enough to that level yet. Needs a solid period of playing 90 mins consistently, and needs to add a few more goals regularly. I don’t think their general play is too different. Definitely a talent and someone with a future either in the top 2 leagues in England, or top 3-4 clubs in Scotland. It’s up to him whether he can push for better. 

It’s an obvious point to make, but I think if he hadn’t been plagued by his injury he’d be in and around our first team by now

20 hours ago, Ramarena said:

OK it's been a busy couple of weeks so not been contributing. There's been a decent amount of movement so far this window as most will already be aware of. Hopefully I get all the changes right, if I've got anything wrong or missed anything feel free to correct!

Chris Martin started and seemed to play well in Hull's draw with Villa

Luke Thomas played the full game for Covs as they lost to Plymouth

Kelle Gordon wasn't in the squad for Lincoln’s victory

Nick Blackman and Gijon play tomorrow

As others have mentioned Kyle McAllister came on in the 55th min and scored the equaliser for St Mirren

George Thorne came on in the 69th min of Luton's win over Peterborough

Alex Pearce was an unused sub in Millwall's game against Boro

Max Lowe (as others again have mentioned) played the full 90 and scored in Aberdeens win

Gordon’s loan has finished and he’s back at derby 

8 minutes ago, Waffle said:

It’s an obvious point to make, but I think if he hadn’t been plagued by his injury he’d be in and around our first team by now

I’m not too sure. Last season we had Rowett, who obviously wasn’t too enthusaed about youth. He’d be on equall footing to Thomas. Personally, I see him as the more exciting prospect out of the two, despite being slightly behind in ‘development terms’ at the moment. 

Archived