The Loanee Update Thread 18/19

Ramarena

Hull's good run of form co-incided with Martin being in their team. He got dropped and they started losing.

He was back yesterday and they beat an in-form Birmingham side. 

Every team needs someone who can hold up the ball, knit together play and win free kicks (5 yesterday for Hull).

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, angieram said:

Hull's good run of form co-incided with Martin being in their team. He got dropped and they started losing.

Every team needs someone who can hold up the ball, knit together play and win free kicks (5 yesterday for Hull).

Oh don’t. You’ll start me fantasising about an alternate reality where Martin wins the free kicks, and Wilson spanks then home. 

3 hours ago, angieram said:

And Hulls previous game angieram. ? 

7 hours ago, angieram said:

Talk about rose-tinted spectacles! The idea that Hull's good form coincides with Chris Martin's starts is laughable.

The truth is that Hull's shockingly bad run of form began with the introduction of Chris Martin into their team.

He made his debut on 15th Sept in a 2-0 win at Home against Ipswich, albeit just in a 3 minute Substitute Cameo at the end of the game.

He then started in Hull's next 7 games, which saw a run of 5 defeats and 2 draws.

He was dropped to the bench for the next 3 games, which yielded 2 wins and a draw.

He then started the next 2 games, yielding a loss and a draw.

Not surprisingly, he gets dropped again, for the next 6 games, and hey presto!, the team gets back on track with
5 wins and one draw.

Frazier Campbell gets injured, so CM starts the next game at Home to Relegation near-certs Bolton, and
Hallelulah!, he finally manages to score a goal - the fourth in a 6 nil romp. 

In total, Chris Martin's 16 starts for Hull has yielded 4 wins, 4 draws and 8 defeats.

In the League, he has 15 starts for 4 wins, 4 draws and 7 defeats - so just 16 points have been gained in
the 15 League games that he has started. They've got 34 points when he hasn't started.

He has scored just one goal in his 20+ appearances, and that came in a 6 goal Team demolition of Bolton.

He's been eligible to play in Hull's last 30 games - this is Hull's Results sequence in the 16 games he's started :-

LLDLLDLLDWLWDLWW   4 wins/4 draws/8 losses

This is Hull's Results sequence for the 14 games he could have started, but didn't :-

WWWDWDWWWWWLDL     9 wins/3 draws/2 losses

Are you seriously suggesting that Hull are a better team when he starts?

22 minutes ago, mice_elf said:

He's been eligible to play in Hull's last 30 games - this is Hull's Results sequence in the 16 games he's started :-

LLDLLDLLDWLWDLWW   4 wins/4 draws/8 losses

This is Hull's Results sequence for the 14 games he could have started, but didn't :-

WWWDWDWWWWWLDL     9 wins/3 draws/2 losses

You almost had me, right up until this bit at the end. Your stats there show that he had a bad start, granted, which lots of players have at a new club. Took Vydra a whole season to find his shooting boots with us. But imagine if you split that List of results down the middle. In 8 games he’s had 4 wins / 2 draws / 2 losses. 

Having said that, then getting good results could never be attributed 100% to Martin, but not could them having bad results when he was starting towards the start of the season. He was playing in a struggling team, he can’t create wins by himself. 

But now he seems to be getting his mojo back, which is excellent news. 

Just a real shame that he probably won’t have his contract renewed and we’re waiting for it to run out to let him go. So many missed opportunities with him. ducking Pearson. ducking Rowett. 

(I’m missing Lampard off that list of curses because, even I had to admit, after a couple of wasted seasons from him, going out on loan was the best thing - but what could’ve been if Pearson hadn’t loaned him out in the first place). 

Update 

Max Lowe played the full 90 mins in Aberdeen’s 1-1 draw against rangers.

just quickly looking at Nick Blackmans recent record it seems he hasn’t been in a Gijon squad since the end of Jan, not sure if he’s injured or out of favour!

16 hours ago, mice_elf said:

Talk about rose-tinted spectacles! The idea that Hull's good form coincides with Chris Martin's starts is laughable.

much as though I am staggered by a few people's continued belief that some players (Thorne and Martin) are still good enough for DCFC I have to admit the Chrissy is starting to show some form for the first time in years.  He has come in for a lot of stick at Hull for not scoring enough but he appears to be wining a few over with his link up play.  Good on him, still not convinced that bringing him back does anything to improve our chances though.

3 hours ago, Spanish said:

much as though I am staggered by a few people's continued belief that some players (Thorne and Martin) are still good enough for DCFC I have to admit the Chrissy is starting to show some form for the first time in years.  He has come in for a lot of stick at Hull for not scoring enough but he appears to be wining a few over with his link up play.  Good on him, still not convinced that bringing him back does anything to improve our chances though.

Long term, no, but he is still our player and to have that option either off the bench or against the teams that will out-muscle us is one I think we lack at the moment. 

Hold-up play is under-rated by many, but we are seriously missing it in our repertoire at the moment.

4 hours ago, Spanish said:

much as though I am staggered by a few people's continued belief that some players (Thorne and Martin) are still good enough for DCFC...

...because £5m Waghorn is sooo much better?

We're missing a hold-up man, that could have been Chris Martin as he's back to fitness.

26 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

...because £5m Waghorn is sooo much better?

We're missing a hold-up man, that could have been Chris Martin as he's back to fitness.

could is a good word.  You think he should be in the side and I don't .  I have no issue with your view.  

4 hours ago, angieram said:

Long term, no, but he is still our player and to have that option either off the bench or against the teams that will out-muscle us is one I think we lack at the moment. 

Hold-up play is under-rated by many, but we are seriously missing it in our repertoire at the moment.

Absolutely spot on Angie, that and the Defensive Midfield are pivotal in our current system and thsyevthe two areas we have lacked quality. A fit Thorne and Martin would be perfect but a bit of bad fortune in Thorne and the worst pieces of management with Martin by Rowett and Pearson robbed us of that and should never be forgiven for it.

Someone needs to tell Frank Lampard !! It’s no good myself and four other perceptive ‘postees’ on here having the ‘footballing intelligence’ to see the GLARINGLY OBVIOUS fact that Chris Martin would bring far more to this team than anyone else on our books re link up play and gaining free kicks in dangerous positions .. 

And i’ve been saying for more than a year that Pearson and Rowett should never be given another management position in this country due to their prejudice against Chris Martin and Will Hughes, BECAUSE THEY WERE OUR MOST TALENTED PLAYERS !! 

14 hours ago, Ram8 said:

Someone needs to tell Frank Lampard !! It’s no good myself and four other perceptive ‘postees’ on here having the ‘footballing intelligence’ to see the GLARINGLY OBVIOUS fact that Chris Martin would bring far more to this team than anyone else on our books re link up play and gaining free kicks in dangerous positions .. 

And i’ve been saying for more than a year that Pearson and Rowett should never be given another management position in this country due to their prejudice against Chris Martin and Will Hughes, BECAUSE THEY WERE OUR MOST TALENTED PLAYERS !! 

You should try stand-up mate. 

Saturday update

Chris Martin played 54 mins as hull lost to the dogs

Alex Pearce played the full 90s in Millwall's defeat to Bolton.

League One

Jacob Butterfield played the full 90 and scored as Bradford beat Peterborough 

Luke Thomas played the full 90 and almost hit the post as cov lost to burton

George Thorne didn’t make the squad as Luton drew with Plymouth 

Jonathan Mitchell didn’t make the squad in Shrewsbury's game

League Two

Timi Elsnik came off the bench in the final minute in Northants win over Exeter 

Scottish Prem

Max Lowe played the full 90 in Aberdeen’s draw with Celtic 

Kyle McAllister and St mirren play on Monday 

Spanish Second Division

Nick Blackman wasn’t in gijons squad for today’s game

18 minutes ago, Boycie said:

What’s going off with Thorne? Did he get injured while attending the birth?

Dunno I tried looking at some Luton forums but no mention of him. Maybe someone on here knows a Luton fan?

Doesnt look good for him if he’s not making a league one squad 

Archived