The Loanee Update Thread 18/19

Ramarena

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rb0fax.jpg

The Dons players led by captain Graeme Shinnie took a trip to Royal Aberdeen Children’s Hospital for their annual visit to spread some festive cheer to the kids ahead of Christmas.

Fresh from their 5-1 victory over Dundee on Tuesday night nine members of the first team went up to Forresterhill on their recovery day to hand out gifts donated by the players and were able to speak with the children and their families as well as posed for photos and sign merchandise.

On the face of it Max may be disappointed that he's got to come back from a team who are now 2nd in the SPL to sit on the bench in the Championship but having watched a few SPL games out of curiosity, it really is a poor standard.

Plus we've also saved him from an Aberdeen winter !!

1 hour ago, SamUltraRam said:

On the face of it Max may be disappointed that he's got to come back from a team who are now 2nd in the SPL to sit on the bench in the Championship but having watched a few SPL games out of curiosity, it really is a poor standard.

After Malones performance yesterday, I’m not sure Lowe will sit on the bench.

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Seemed to me like Malone has a muscle injury but is trying to play through it

We are definitely playing players with niggles atm. We are short of options in a couple of areas and Sod’s law says that’s where we pick up injuries. Meaning some playing when perhaps they shouldn’t 

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I thought the same and hope I’m wrong but It seemed yesterday the injury surfaced after one of his many mistakes and looking increasingly like it could lead to a goal, when it didn’t he suddenly seemed ok and able to play on. 

It looked very much in my opinion to be a get out clause if they went on and scored. 

Like I said I hope I’m wrong on this, but at this point a few supporters were starting to groan whenever he had the ball.

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

He just doesn't look match fit yet... every 2nd half he's always a yard off the pace and opposition wingers seem to know they'll face less pressure on his side.

Lowe has to be starting for me, not because of Malone in  any way, simply because this loan has been brilliant for him and unless he continues playing most games week in week out, we'll definitely be stagnating his development.

5 hours ago, SamUltraRam said:

Did you watch Derby v Forest on Monday? As poor as any SPL game and the players are probobly being paid at least 5 times as much. 

My friends from Scotland try to watch championship games from England and they say the standard is terrible. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and whether youve a vested interest in the game or not. 

Archived