The Loanee Update Thread 18/19

Ramarena

On 23/12/2018 at 11:24, SamUltraRam said:

On the face of it Max may be disappointed that he's got to come back from a team who are now 2nd in the SPL to sit on the bench in the Championship but having watched a few SPL games out of curiosity, it really is a poor standard.

Plus we've also saved him from an Aberdeen winter !!

He wouldn’t  be doing much in Scotland anyway in January as they have a January holiday to improve something? So then when they start again the bad weather can arrive and they continue doing nothing but practice their curling ? 

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 23/12/2018 at 11:24, SamUltraRam said:

On the face of it Max may be disappointed that he's got to come back from a team who are now 2nd in the SPL to sit on the bench in the Championship but having watched a few SPL games out of curiosity, it really is a poor standard.

Plus we've also saved him from an Aberdeen winter !!

Unless Forsyth is about to miraculously come back from injury I doubt Lowe will be sitting on the bench. Malone has been woeful the last few games. Even if it is just rotating between Malone and Lowe I would think its almost certain Lowe is going to be getting his fair share of game time.

23 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Did you watch Derby v Forest on Monday? As poor as any SPL game and the players are probobly being paid at least 5 times as much. 

My friends from Scotland try to watch championship games from England and they say the standard is terrible. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and whether youve a vested interest in the game or not. 

You can't take one game, especially an East Midlands derby which are usually completely different to all other games in the season and judge the standard of the entire league by that.

Regardless of what your Scottish friends say it doesn't change the fact that the standard in the Scottish league is far below that of the Championship in general. Maybe Celtic have the resources to be able to compete for auto promotion and Rangers and Aberdeen might just about be able to keep in touch with the playoffs, but the rest would be lower table to relegation.

1 hour ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I'm looking forward to seeing the progress Max has made whilst out on loan. Seems to have been a productive loan spell. I'm a little uncomfortable with Scott Malone in the side. Doesn't seem to have much composure in tight defensive situations and his gait reminds me very much of this chap below.

Gif-Images-of-a-Silly-Dance-1.gif.f14c50cc3cc17780ef31dbed1e043e93.gif

Richard Goulooze?

Boxing Day update

Chris Martin played the last 5 mins as Hull beat Preston

Luke Thomas played 90 mins and got an assist in Covs game

Kelle Gordon came on in the 77th min of Lincoln’s defeat 

Mitchell was named on the bench in the Oxfords match

alex babos and real union are on a mid season break

nick Blackman and Gijon are on mid season break

Elsnik played 87 mins of Mansfield’s victory 

Chris Martin was an unused sub as Hull beat Leeds

Luke Thomas didn’t feature in the squad for Covs game (injured I think)

Kelle Gordon came on in the 66th min of Lincoln’s victory

Elsnik started and played 60 mins of Mansfield’s draw

Looks like Martin is having a tough time up at Hull Fraser Campbell is injured and he didn’t make it onto the pitch. Not good as he needs to be playing! 

20 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Chris Martin was an unused sub as Hull beat Leeds

Luke Thomas didn’t feature in the squad for Covs game (injured I think)

Kelle Gordon came on in the 66th min of Lincoln’s victory

Elsnik started and played 60 mins of Mansfield’s draw

Looks like Martin is having a tough time up at Hull Fraser Campbell is injured and he didn’t make it onto the pitch. Not good as he needs to be playing! 

If Martin can't make Hull's starting 11 he will struggle to command a place in a Championship side.he has struggled since the season loan at Fulham.

On ‎31‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 09:04, Harrowram said:

If Martin can't make Hull's starting 11 he will struggle to command a place in a Championship side.he has struggled since the season loan at Fulham.

He looked good on the clips today, scored and hit the bar - looked like he's found some pace. Set up the 6th too.

https://www.skysports.com/football/hull-city-vs-bolton/392847

Crosby on Martin (Hull City assistant manager).

I don’t think we’ve played better than that 30 minute spell since we’ve been here. We could have scored more.

It’s been difficult for Martin but everyday the message he gives to the young players is unbelievable. Have we utilised his strengths since he’s been here?probably not. Hopefully it’s the first of many. He’s a really good finisher.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

He looked good on the clips today, scored and hit the bar - looked like he's found some pace. Set up the 6th too.

https://www.skysports.com/football/hull-city-vs-bolton/392847

Great to see Martin doing well, he’s had a tough couple of months up there, hopefully he gets more game time from now on

Hull also really seem to be putting a good run together.

3 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

That was a lovely surprise to see him in the match day squad. Saying that, Wisdom was my MOM at left back today.

I agree. Like them both and the competition will bring out the best of them.

Also pleased for Martin.

On 12/12/2018 at 09:38, clarkeram7 said:

Just want to add lads.. I wasn't at the game but I quickly had a look at the live texts last night on the BBC and Lowe had an absolute stormer. Basically played as a winger at full back and I quote 'Livingston are struggling to contain Max Lowe', 'Another Lowe cross from the left' etc etc. As much as he's developing there I'd like to see him come back and play first team, I'm a fan of Malone but this guy could be ten times the player if he stays fit. 

My opinion after the Soton preseason was that he’d be an excellent winger instead of a back ... just saying ?

Archived