The Loanee Update Thread 18/19

Ramarena

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 05/03/2019 at 00:02, Ram8 said:

Someone needs to tell Frank Lampard !! It’s no good myself and four other perceptive ‘postees’ on here having the ‘footballing intelligence’ to see the GLARINGLY OBVIOUS fact that Chris Martin would bring far more to this team than anyone else on our books re link up play and gaining free kicks in dangerous positions .. 

And i’ve been saying for more than a year that Pearson and Rowett should never be given another management position in this country due to their prejudice against Chris Martin and Will Hughes, BECAUSE THEY WERE OUR MOST TALENTED PLAYERS !! 

On 09/03/2019 at 19:26, Ramarena said:

Saturday update

Chris Martin played 54 mins as hull lost to the dogs

Alex Pearce played the full 90s in Millwall's defeat to Bolton.

League One

Jacob Butterfield played the full 90 and scored as Bradford beat Peterborough 

Luke Thomas played the full 90 and almost hit the post as cov lost to burton

George Thorne didn’t make the squad as Luton drew with Plymouth 

Jonathan Mitchell didn’t make the squad in Shrewsbury's game

League Two

Timi Elsnik came off the bench in the final minute in Northants win over Exeter 

Scottish Prem

Max Lowe played the full 90 in Aberdeen’s draw with Celtic 

Kyle McAllister and St mirren play on Monday 

Spanish Second Division

Nick Blackman wasn’t in gijons squad for today’s game

How did he play?

On 09/03/2019 at 19:26, Ramarena said:

Saturday update

Chris Martin played 54 mins as hull lost to the dogs

Alex Pearce played the full 90s in Millwall's defeat to Bolton.

League One

Jacob Butterfield played the full 90 and scored as Bradford beat Peterborough 

Luke Thomas played the full 90 and almost hit the post as cov lost to burton

George Thorne didn’t make the squad as Luton drew with Plymouth 

League Two

Timi Elsnik came off the bench in the final minute in Northants win over Exeter 

Scottish Prem

Max Lowe played the full 90 in Aberdeen’s draw with Celtic 

Kyle McAllister and St mirren play on Monday 

Spanish Second Division

Nick Blackman wasn’t in gijons squad for today’s game

This is the sort of news I really need to prove we should get him back here now and in the starting lie up against Stoke, or not

22 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

What, he did a full 90 minutes?

Yep. He was far and away St Mirren's most exciting attacking player. Nearly scored in the first half and was involved in almost all their attacking moves throughout the game.

I think we've got a decent player on our hands. 

3 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Yep. He was far and away St Mirren's most exciting attacking player. Nearly scored in the first half and was involved in almost all their attacking moves throughout the game.

I think we've got a decent player on our hands. 

I watched KMc play for our U23’s at Loughborough, think it was the one where George got sent off.

I was impressed with his skill and pace. With so many players out of contract in the summer, next season could be big for Kyle.

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

No Thorne again in the Luton squad tonight.  Increasingly looking like he is struggling to compete for a place even on the bench. Anyone know if he is injured again? Maybe he’s caught nappy rash?

Simple answer is he is sadly not good enough anymore.  Such a waste of talent

4 hours ago, i-Ram said:

No Thorne again in the Luton squad tonight.  Increasingly looking like he is struggling to compete for a place even on the bench. Anyone know if he is injured again? Maybe he’s caught nappy rash?

There's no info out there at all on him not even making the squad anymore. Very strange and I'm afraid it doesn't look good for him. 

I seem to remember someone on here mentioning that they knew a Luton fan a few weeks ago.....I think it may have been @jono not sure if he's heard anything!

6 hours ago, Ramarena said:

There's no info out there at all on him not even making the squad anymore. Very strange and I'm afraid it doesn't look good for him. 

I seem to remember someone on here mentioning that they knew a Luton fan a few weeks ago.....I think it may have been @jono not sure if he's heard anything!

I don’t think it is of George’s doing. Luton are flying high and set to return to the championship. 5 points clear of Sunderland and Barnsley with an epic goal difference. You can understand why the manager wouldnt change a winning team. It appears he is seen as cover. He’s looked tidy on his two cameos but seems to seen as cover. They beat Bradford last night and GT wasn’t even on the bench. Butters played for Bradford.

The Luton fans are dreaming of getting the trophy and being able to stick 2 fingers up to the EFL after they were docked points twice and despatched to none league a few years back. On Monday they got planning approval for a new stadium. Nephew is a very happy lad. 

22 hours ago, Wolfie said:

What’s happened with Elsnik? Once the next big hope & highly rated at Mansfield and yet has barely played for Northampton. Our U23s would have been better for him IMO. 

I really expected him to be around the first team this year - if he got an opportunity I think he would show his ability to play at this level. Strange that he has struggled for game time in all his loans. However I have to say, looking at the progression of players like Bird and Sibley toward the matchday squad, Elsnik seems so far down the pecking order now that hew won't be around much longer. Shame.

On 12/03/2019 at 20:30, i-Ram said:

On 12/03/2019 at 20:35, Spanish said:

Simple answer is he is sadly not good enough anymore.  Such a waste of talent

Obviously I hope not not...but given we've not heard anything at all its feasible that something happened and he's on personal leave. Let's hope not.

Have Luton even mentioned him since he was last on the bench? 

Saturday update

Championship 

Chris Martin came on in the 77th min in Hull's 2-2 draw with QPR

Alex Pearce and Millwall play in the FA Cup tomorrow

League One

Jacob Butterfield played 82 mins as Bradford lost to Oxford

Luke Thomas played 72 mins and got an assist as Cov beat Peterborough

George Thorne was back on the bench but didn't come on as Luton drew with Gillingham (still not sure what's been going on there)

League Two

Timi Elsnik was an unused sub in Northants draw with Grimsby (Charles Vernam played the last 15 for Grimsby) 

Scottish Prem

Max Lowe played the full 90 in Aberdeen’s draw with Livingstone

Kyle McAllister and St mirren had their match postponed

Spanish Second Division

Nick Blackman and Gijon play Cordoba tomorrow

Archived