The Loanee Update Thread 18/19

Ramarena

15 minutes ago, Gritty said:

Thorne can't even start for a League One team.  So sad that his career has gone so far downhill so quickly

And Ashley Cole can’t start for a championship team. I hope it’s just something about returning to full match fitness. 

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Championship

• Chris Martin came on in the last minute of Hull’s 2-0 home win against Stoke.
  • Alex Pearce was on the bench in Millwall's home 0-0 draw with Rotherham.

League One

• Jacob Butterfield came off the bench in the 79th minute of Bradford’s 0-0 draw at Wycombe.
  • Luke Thomas played the full game for Coventry in a 1-1 home draw with Gillingham.
  • George Thorne wasn’t in Luton’s squad in their 0-3 win at Shrewsbury (I think he may be on paternity leave).
  • Jonathan Mitchell was on the bench for Shrewsbury losing 0-3 at home to Luton.

League Two

• Timi Elsnik played the full game as Northampton lost 0-4 at home to Colchester Utd.

Scottish Prem

• Max Lowe played the full 90 in Aberdeen’s 1-2 win at Hibs.
  • Kyle McAllister was an unused substitute in the history-making 4-0 defeat to Rangers (where Rangers had 4 penalties).

Spanish Second Division

• Nick Blackman and Gijon play on Sunday away at Extremadura.

Chris Martin couldn’t play as Hull went down 2-0 to Frank Lampards mighty Rams!!!!!!!!!!!

Alex Pearce was on the bench in Millwall's home 1-0 defeat with Swansea.

League One

Jacob Butterfield played the full 90 in Bradford’s 1-0 defeat to Fleetwood

Luke Thomas played the full game for Coventry in a 1-0 victory over Rochdale.

George Thorne was on Luton’s bench in their 0-3 win over Wycombe but didn’t get on the pitch

Jonathan Mitchell was on the bench for Shrewsburys 1-1 draw with Bristol Rovers

League Two

Timi Elsnik amen off the bench in the 64th min as Northampton drew 1-1 with Lincoln.

Scottish Prem

Max Lowe played 86 mins on Wed night in Aberdeen’s 4-2 defeat by Rangers and should play in the Scottish Cup tomorrow

Kyle McAllister came off the bench at half time during St Mirrens defeat to Dundee

Spanish Second Division

Nick Blackman and Gijon play on Sunday against Las Palmas

@Carl Sagan hope you don’t mind that I’ve stolen your last update and used it as a template as it’s the first one after the transfer window!!!!

32 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

You're very welcome! Ta for the update. Timi Elsnik amen indeed, but with his contract up at the end of the season, will he stay with us?

Hahahahaha amen. Timi’s a tidy youngster and I hope we give him the chance to grow, but I get the feeling he will be released, drop down a few divisions and then build his way back up as his career progresses.

This happens to a lot youngsters and he shouldn’t be disheartened if he has to take this path, he has the talent!

22 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Hahahahaha amen. Timi’s a tidy youngster and I hope we give him the chance to grow, but I get the feeling he will be released, drop down a few divisions and then build his way back up as his career progresses.

This happens to a lot youngsters and he shouldn’t be disheartened if he has to take this path, he has the talent!

Timi shouldn't be disheartened, but I would be. I've said many times he reminds me of Matthew Le Tissier (in the way he languidly sways past opponents and can score from anywhere in the opposition half - and probably his own). And he runs around more than Le Tiss. Really don't think League Two suits him.

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Timi shouldn't be disheartened, but I would be. I've said many times he reminds me of Matthew Le Tissier (in the way he languidly sways past opponents and can score from anywhere in the opposition half - and probably his own). And he runs around more than Le Tiss. Really don't think League Two suits him.

True re league two, although sometimes that division can be the starting point for careers.

As I said, I hope he gets to stay with us he’s a talented lad, although the fact that he’s been farmed out to league two does give me concerns regarding his future!

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I think he’d be a beast in Italian football

At least Alex Pearce is still in the FA Cup. Played the full game for Millwall today, winning 0-1 at Wimbledon to reach the quarter finals.

Luke Thomas played 91 minutes in Coventry's 3-0 home win against Walsall before being subbed off at the end.

Jacob Butterfield played 80 minutes of Bradford's 0-0 home draw with Plymouth.

George Thorne came off the bench in Luton's 1-2 away win at Fleetwood. Luton are pulling away at the top by winning every game, meaning it's hard for the manager to change a winning team and put him in the starting line-up.

Jonathan Mitchell didn't make the bench for Shrewsbury 1-1 home draw against Burton.

As said by @MK-Ram, Elsnick lasted 72 minutes of Northampton's 0-0 home draw against Crawley, getting booked in the process.

North of the wall with the Wildlings saw Max Lowe played the first 64 minutes for Aberdeen against Kyle McAllister's St Mirren. McAllister played the full match and as @David reported put St Mirren 1-2 ahead, but the game ended 2-2.

Nick Blackman's Sporting Gijon are away at Las Palmas tomorrow.

Archived