Hull (A) Carabao Cup Match Thread

Derby blood

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to see us use players that are on the fringes of the squad. It would also be good to see some of the young players that played so well against Chelsea U-23 team on Friday. I think this team will still be good enough to beat Hull and all of them will be highly motivated to prove a point to FL and/or attract a loan deal to another club by Friday.  It does not matter if we lose because we won't win this Cup, well, not this season anyway.

I am aware that the chances of seeing even half of this team in the team are unlikely, but it wood be good to see more players feel as though they are part of the squad.

Roos    

Anya  Pearce  Wisdom  Lowe

Thorne

Guy        Elsnik

Holmes    Marriott     Josefzoon

Subs; Carson, Gordon, Bird, Butterfield, Martin, Jerome

This game will be a massive sign as to whose never going to be playing in the 1st team again and will probably out the door this week...... be prepared for young lads in.....

14 minutes ago, New Gold Dream said:

I would like to see us use players that are on the fringes of the squad. It would also be good to see some of the young players that played so well against Chelsea U-23 team on Friday. I think this team will still be good enough to beat Hull and all of them will be highly motivated to prove a point to FL and/or attract a loan deal to another club by Friday.  It does not matter if we lose because we won't win this Cup, well, not this season anyway.

I am aware that the chances of seeing even half of this team in the team are unlikely, but it wood be good to see more players feel as though they are part of the squad.

Roos    

Anya  Pearce  Wisdom  Lowe

Thorne

Guy        Elsnik

Holmes    Marriott     Josefzoon

Subs; Carson, Gordon, Bird, Butterfield, Martin, Jerome

Whilst we could have a chance at winning with that team if they weakened their team , making 11 changes would be disrespecting the league cup and hull and we would risk loosing momentum if we loose. I think the team needs some changes not anymore than 6 or 7 as then it will be like a team of strangers playing together with not pattern of play.

I think Lampard will select something like this for Tuesday:

Carson 

Wisdom   Tomori Keogh Lowe

Thorne

Mount   Johnson

Jozefoon Marriot Waghorn 

He may give some game time to players like martin , thorne or bird of the bench if we are winning with 10 or 15 minutes to go but I can see him being the type of manager who wants to field a strong team every game and takes the cup seriously and rightly so, unlike some managers who use the cup as a chance to play reserve players and are n't too bothered about fielding a strong team.

22 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

This game will be a massive sign as to whose never going to be playing in the 1st team again and will probably out the door this week...... be prepared for young lads in.....

I am sure you are right. Lucrative but also brutal business is football. Who can know who will actually leave the club this week, but l would be very surprised now if Anya, Butterfield, Jerome, Martin or Thorne were in the squad to go to Hull on Tuesday.  If it were to be one of them l suspect it might be Jerome.  

44 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I am sure you are right. Lucrative but also brutal business is football. Who can know who will actually leave the club this week, but l would be very surprised now if Anya, Butterfield, Jerome, Martin or Thorne were in the squad to go to Hull on Tuesday.  If it were to be one of them l suspect it might be Jerome.  

Tough but true, yet I still hope George gets one more throw of the dice. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Be crazy not to, he looked worth a go based on the last U23 - so if not why not?

Exactly this, I can somewhat understand why the others aren’t getting a look in but not GT, we are so lacking at CDM what’s he got to do to get a game & why doesn’t Frank appear to fancy him?? Answers on a postcard please. 

Roos 

Anya.         Wisdom.       Pearce.     Lowe 

Thorne 

Bryson                Homes 

Jozefzoon.                              Wilson 

Waghorn 

Carson
Wisdom Keogh Pearce Lowe
                 Thorne
          Johnson Holmes
Jozefzoon               Waghorn
                 Marriott

Not ideal playing Waggy on the wing, but him and Marriott both need minutes and he's played there before.

I'd love to see Thorne given a chance here too. We all know what he can do in that DM role - if he can recapture any of that form then he would be a nailed on starter in this team.

Archived