Hull (A) Carabao Cup Match Thread

Derby blood

Great win today, so I will start this thread again, as I am also on a winning run, and a big well done to the crowd today, backing the team all afternoon, it makes the match experience so much better when we get that positivity going in the stands, right back on topic, we will go to hull and get our 2nd away win of the season, 2-1 to the mighty Rams.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the Cup game:

Roos

Wisdom  Keogh   Pearce   Lowe

Huddlestone

Holmes           Bryson

Waghorn  Marriott  Jozefzoon 

Use this game as a fitness opportunity to get match sharpness into the players who haven’t played much.

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

For the Cup game:

Roos

Wisdom  Keogh   Pearce   Lowe

Huddlestone

Holmes           Bryson

Waghorn  Marriott  Jozefzoon 

Use this game as a fitness opportunity to get match sharpness into the players who haven’t played much.

Guy for Bryson and I would completely agree.

Rotate it to get a few of our massive squad some appearances imo:

Roos

Wisdom Keogh Davies Malone

Huddlestone

Johnson Holmes

Jozefzoon Waghorn Wilson 

Try and get the result and make sure everyone else is well rested for Saturday. An effecient win will do here, no need to piss around.

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Roos

Huddlestone

Johnson Holmes

Jozefzoon Waghorn Wilson 

Try and get the result and make sure everyone else is well rested for Saturday. An effecient win will do here, no need to piss around.

U23 play on Monday so we will get a hint from that selection.  If Chrissy and maybe GT miss out v Hull it will be unlikely they have a future with us.  They are both  fit so I would like to see them start.  Guess whether hudz and Curtis play will be down to recovery progress

Rotate

roos

wisdom.    Keogh.    Tomori.     Malone

.                       Thorne

.         butterfield.      Johnson

waghorn .         Marriott.         Jozefzoon         

17 minutes ago, Spanish said:

U23 play on Monday so we will get a hint from that selection.  If Chrissy and maybe GT miss out v Hull it will be unlikely they have a future with us.  They are both  fit so I would like to see them start.  Guess whether hudz and Curtis play will be down to recovery progress

Nigh on certain Martin has no future with us, I’d be less surprised if Steve bloomer started up front on Tuesday! Thorne is a more interesting one, if the rumours about Huddlestone leaving are true, you’d think he’d have to be staying... will be very interesting this week as to who stays/ goes and who plays. Not sure if Davies will be ready tbf but put him in there anyway, Tomori if not naturally.

Roos
Wisdom Pearce Tomori Malone
                Huddlestone
             Holmes Johnson
    Waghorn Marriott Jozefzoon

Need to get Huddlestone out there. Give him 60 mins or so then start him in the league game. What is the deal with Holmes? Is he even fit? Could do with seeing him in action. 

Really difficult to call who’s genuinely injured and not fit or being protected for possible sales or for morale purposes of not making the 18.

Carson to start. Needs that understanding with the players in front of him. 

waghorn, marriot and Jozefzoon as the front 3.

wisdom, keogh, Tomori and Malone if fit.

thorne or Hudds in the holding role.

mount and Holmes or Johnson as the centre mids

Hudds injured, Evans injured, Ledley injured, Johnson save for the weekend, why would we not give GT a chance??? Loving the FL bandwagon but just can’t understating why this won’t be so. Could someone explain please!!!

4 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Roos

Huddlestone

Johnson Holmes

Jozefzoon Waghorn Wilson 

Sure I read Holmes was a right winger who could play centrally as part of a 3.

not as a midfield runner as part of the two ahead of the holding midifieder 

20 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Sure I read Holmes was a right winger who could play centrally as part of a 3.

not as a midfield runner as part of the two ahead of the holding midifieder 

No idea mate, but given he started as a winger I would suggest he’d be best placed as the most advanced of the three.

Zero point in playing anyone who he doesn't feel will be contributing this year. If he doesn't see a future for Martin, Butterfield or dare I say it Thorne, then don't play them.

Waghorn, Marriott, Hudds (if fit), Jozefzoon must play. Holmes to feature in squad if fit.

I think and hope it could be quite a strong line up.

Personally wouldnt risk Johnson as he could be our only CDM optiom to start on Sat. Mount, Bryson, Lawrence & Nugent all deserve a rest with their energy output vs Preston & Ipswich. Ledley, Bogle & Bennett all with slight injuries so again I wouldnt risk them.

Holmes pictures training same as Huddlestone so should be ok to start hopefully.

I would go 4231 as below - 

GK - Carson

RB - Wisdom

RCB - Tomori

LCB - Pearce

LB - Lowe (Dont think Malone is fit enough to start)

CDM - Huddlestone

CDM - Thorne

RW - Jozefzoon

CAM - Holmes

LW - Waghorn

ST - Marriott

The 3 behind Marriott can rotate between them as all capable of playing either wing or central.

Subs - Roos Keogh Malone Guy Wilson Martin Jerome

Lawrence for Wilson if he aint fit yet.

Archived