George Evans injury, out for 4-6 weeks

MackworthRamIsGod

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Roboram said:

When 4-6 weeks is quoted it often ends up being 8-10 but it’s still a lot better than I feared.

Fair point but a lot of that will be recovery time and getting back to match fitness.

a good outcome if it stays to those timescales

Pfft.

4-6 weeks is barely enough time for the forum to realise that he was and is in fact the answer to all our dm issues. 

Need at least 10 weeks to have reinvented him as a cross between busquets,  makalele and that other Spanish bloke.

We'll be lucky if he reaches a cross between Danny drinkwater and  Michael Carrick in 4-6 weeks ?

My initial thoughts were ACL (Having right PCL snapped once and ACL twice, I'm kind of familiar with it ?)

But on reflection, and admittedly not having watched replay, it seemed like a stretch rather than a twist. So that might suggest a strain, or a partial tear, rather than a full severing.

Fingers crossed!

11 hours ago, ck- said:

My initial thoughts were ACL (Having right PCL snapped once and ACL twice, I'm kind of familiar with it ?)

But on reflection, and admittedly not having watched replay, it seemed like a stretch rather than a twist. So that might suggest a strain, or a partial tear, rather than a full severing.

Fingers crossed!

ruptured an ACL twice and done a grade 3 tear of medial ligaments (not so serious) and they actually felt pretty similar in the first few minutes after they happened (knee just goes into shock/locks and it hurts somewhat)

So perhaps on this occasion George feared the worst but has got lucky. Hope the lad makes a speedy recovery!

Archived