Walk Out Music

Waffle

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Well we've had the Dambusters and 633 Squadron so why not BoB theme.

Because the Dambusters is very much connected with Derby (Ladybower Res and Barnes Wallis)... Pay attention ?

Then again, I suppose the Spitfire's RR Merlin engines were designed and built in Derby... Bit of a long shot though init!

Ok, both Duracell and Roymac have alluded to this... What do we actually want?

1. An 'Anthem' that is ours and always will be like clubs such as West Ham, Liverpool and even that club at the dirty end of the A52 have. This could be the Dambusters, SBW or something like Mr Brightside like last season.

2. Changing the walk out music every season or so to keep it fresh, but still playing SBW and the Dambusters at some point pre-match (what we do at the mo).

This debate is something that I have felt passionately about since the mid '80s and for me is more important than results on the pitch! ?

2 hours ago, David said:

How it should be done, Gary Barlow or Shirley Bassey, if that's what get's the players going before the game I'm down for it.

These threads come up every few weeks, as @Angry Ram for once correctly said, people are just choosing their favourite songs. Poor Grace's inbox will be full of YouTube videos of all kinds of music, heavy metal to Benny Hill, whichever one they chose fans would still moan about it.

Leave it to the players.

For once.    Get out. ?

55 minutes ago, RebelScum said:

Because the Dambusters is very much connected with Derby (Ladybower Res and Barnes Wallis)... Pay attention ?

Then again, I suppose the Spitfire's RR Merlin engines were designed and built in Derby... Bit of a long shot though init!

The world famous Merlin Engineme in the back ground followed by “the dambusters theme” where we can all sing along with “Weeeeeee ALL hate Leeds etc etc”

Climaxing with

“WE ALL DUCKIN HATE LEEDS!”

Im all for that ?????

This. As mentioned by others, for those of us of a certain age this is the walk on music. If we are looking for something to rouse the faithful (or raise the dead in some cases) then a rock song is the answer, but as an iconic tune this one. I remember for one of the visits to Wembley, I believe the Anglo-Italian cup, the club were asked which music they would like played and they said this.

5 hours ago, Duracell said:

What a was wrong with the Dambusters?! It’s traditional and the song has a genuine connection with the club.

Dunno why we have to change it every few years, some clubs have never changed and are known for what they come out to. 

The main thing wrong with the Dambusters is that it's more about hating Leeds than supporting Derby. After all, Leeds are the only team mentioned when we all sing along.

I wouldn't want to flatter them by mentioning them in our "anthem". 

5 hours ago, angieram said:

According to Faye Ray the players chose the song that they come out to now. I don't know what it is but someone said it's a Swedish House Mafia song. There appear to be loads of them.

It sounds awful to me but I can't see it being changed if that's what they want.

Are you sad because I don't like it or because the players do? 

7 hours ago, angieram said:

According to Faye Ray the players chose the song that they come out to now. I don't know what it is but someone said it's a Swedish House Mafia song. There appear to be loads of them.

It sounds awful to me but I can't see it being changed if that's what they want.

I was thinking "where do I know Faye Ray from?"

Archived