Walk Out Music

Waffle

The issue is that music taste varies - what is played will please some and turn off others.

As we aren’t there for the music, there’s no common denominator.

I’d like a good rousing metal song - others will hate it.

Just play Dambusters - it’s synonymous with Derby and with it being “classic” it’s not offensive to ears.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the things I love most about Derby is we ran out to White Riot.

We should pick our music based on thr oppo. We might have calmed Leeds down if they had ran out to a nice, slow ballard. When we know a poor team will just come and defend (ie Stoke) we want to inspire them with some stirring music to make them forget the plans.

15 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

The issue is that music taste varies - what is played will please some and turn off others.

As we aren’t there for the music, there’s no common denominator.

I’d like a good rousing metal song - others will hate it.

Just play Dambusters - it’s synonymous with Derby and with it being “classic” it’s not offensive to ears.

Enter sandman anyone?

3 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

We need to work out what tune can beat Ipswich as we never do.

Stuck in the middle with you seen as both teams have been in this league forever (assuming you ignore that seasom we had).

Yeh I’m struggling there. I’m not prepared to see the Rams come out to the sound of The Wurzels...

I don't think it's about musical taste. It's about something with Derby, or something we can sing. 

When the Cranberries realised Zombie I was living in Vienna. I told them all that she wasn't singing 'Zombie' but 'Derby'.

They should play that when they come out and we sing to make it Derby. Especially for example at 1.35......

8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

The lovely Saffron, haven't seen this in year's .

How about the theme music from Thundercats.  Either that or' move on up' by Curtis Mayfield, always liked that record and at least we can dance if the games crap. The full version's about 15 minutes .

This one?

1 hour ago, David said:

How it should be done, Gary Barlow or Shirley Bassey, if that's what get's the players going before the game I'm down for it.

These threads come up every few weeks, as @Angry Ram for once correctly said, people are just choosing their favourite songs. Poor Grace's inbox will be full of YouTube videos of all kinds of music, heavy metal to Benny Hill, whichever one they chose fans would still moan about it.

Leave it to the players.

No leave it to the fans. I'm working on a tune I call Songy Mcsongface. 

Archived