Walk Out Music

Waffle

Idea: Ditch the "walkout" nonsense altogether. Stop this cacophony of unintelligible noise from so many speakers it just jumbles up. Stop the meaningless handshakes between the teams and grinning wannabees in the middle, no-body knows who you are!   

Lets have the enthusiastic charge out to riotous applause from the fans. Captains toss up and we get on with it!!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just playing a high energy song (7 Nation Army, AC/DC etc) to get the fans up is a bit hackneyed isn't it? What are we, a NFL franchise?

I like clubs who has songs that are tradition for them (WBA / Chelsea - Liquidator, Everton - Z Cars) but I guess you can't force tradition so if we don't have it then we don't have it.

We tried White Riot by The Clash a few seasons back, I liked it and never quite knew why it stopped.

2 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Just playing a high energy song (7 Nation Army, AC/DC etc) to get the fans up is a bit hackneyed isn't it? What are we, a NFL franchise?

I like clubs who has songs that are tradition for them (WBA / Chelsea - Liquidator, Everton - Z Cars) but I guess you can't force tradition so if we don't have it then we don't have it.

We tried White Riot by The Clash a few seasons back, I liked it and never quite knew why it stopped.

I'd much prefer 7 Nation Army to what we have. At least we can sing along to that. Something like Sandstorm - how on earth do we sing/chant along with that?

32 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Sing up..........

"You can't start a fire
You can't start a fire without a spark
This Frank's for hire
Even if we're just dancing at Pride Park

I bet everybody hates this but it is definitely a feel good song! 

42 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Reading through this thread I am, for the first time ever, thankful for Steve Bloomer's Watching. I never thought it possible to say but it really could be worse.

Silver Jews it is then........every dcfc fan singing along with this one............will blow all them other little poxy teams away!

Archived