Derby County Shirt Collection

loweman2

9 hours ago, loweman2 said:

for the match at Tottenham Hotspur in September 1973 the club used one of the old 1968-71 change kits – blue shirt with white shorts.

it’s all available to learn about in this excellent book !

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1727616618

One of Andy's will have a look . Used to have a pre match beer with him in the Vine on Whittaker St back in the 90's

19 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Wonder if they were hand embroided Phil ? 

By a blind man ?

no idea, was a rumour that Umbro had the copyright to the ram but that’s not true it was the club that held the copyright, in my opinion there is no excuse for that ! Also not sure how we ended up wearing a Bukta shirt when Umbro always made our kit ! But it was the 70s and brown envelopes were rife in those days and our manager had a few incidents with them ! Allegedly! ?

Special one today whilst thinking of this great man, for all he did for the city of Derby and grass roots football, always had a smile on his face and always welcomed visitors ! My son is directly benefiting from playing for Field Lane FC in Derby, one of the teams that he set up ! RIP Reg ♥️

F31561AF-5411-4F47-9F1C-98FD7E7A6FDE.jpeg

6B2A26F4-2F13-4FE7-85AB-E61FA63D478B.jpeg

CE63255F-556D-4DDD-BD89-B8C3AD6836D2.jpeg

704998F1-6835-4AAF-ABF8-ADDD32E04935.jpeg

Without people like you keeping the history of club alive for next generations, the past would surely ,slowly wither away and be lost forever.

Keep it up Loweman you (and your like) are a credit not only to yourself but an inspiration to all those Rams who would have liked to and wish to do something similar but for whatever reason never did.

Thank goodness for fans like you. Your the true life blood of all clubs, you keep their link going between the past and present.  

I said it before Mel if read's this forum we need a 'proper' museum to showcase the history of DCFC at Pride Park.

It should be a centrepiece  for fans, football supporters and the public of Derbyshire,  as the club is so much a part of our past history, our present and our future.

Com'n Mel make it happen. 

11 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Without people like you keeping the history of club alive for next generations, the past would surely ,slowly wither away and be lost forever.

Keep it up Loweman you (and your like) are a credit not only to yourself but an inspiration to all those Rams who would have liked to and wish to do something similar but for whatever reason never did.

Thank goodness for fans like you. Your the true life blood of all clubs, you keep their link going between the past and present.  

I said it before Mel if read's this forum we need a 'proper' museum to showcase the history of DCFC at Pride Park.

It should be a centrepiece  for fans, football supporters and the public of Derbyshire,  as the club is so much a part of our past history, our present and our future.

Com'n Mel make it happen. 

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

This is the best thread on here......the only one that comes close to it is @Inverurie Ram and his flags..! Thanks to both of you.

i am feeling the love and appreciation gents, thank you, a little bit of recognition goes a long way, that has always been my intention to share the past and to relive it for those of us who were around and for those that wernt to give them a thread to learn from, yes they are only old shirts but every one of them will hold a memory for at least one person out there, obvioulsy some of them have our deepest Rams memories engrained into the weave and the image can take you back to the  popside or the ossie end or the c stand with your mates, or sheffield or man united away or plymouth away in the cup and for some lucky ones juventus away and real madrid away !

its something i love doing, it would be great to share everything in a massive purpose built museum along with the other guys like @cstandand @Quangyand thats something that we will aim to do with the Rams Heritage Trust when things return to normal, we already have some special plans for next year, but for now i will just keep posting the shirts as a visual image of the great history and tapestry of our club for all to enjoy and take something from !

cheers gents

if anybody has any old treasures hidden away in the attic or draw then please PM me or mail directly at mail@phillowe.co.uk i am always looking to add to the collection !

A special player who hit the premier league like a earthquake! He really shook it up especially on his debut at old Trafford ! At times he looked like even he didn’t know what his legs were doing ! Halcyon days under Jim Smith and our new ground ! What a team that was !

0EBFA8DB-3FA1-4A92-91A2-D9B4F0996957.jpeg

84CAF02B-F0D2-4452-836F-0C4EF5B2152B.jpeg

CC6EF41D-37CF-47AD-966E-EC9349EA6108.jpeg

1F1054D0-E9F9-45E5-A682-1956FFA38494.jpeg

Edited by loweman2