Derby County Shirt Collection

loweman2

They did indeed each have a nice new shiny cream/beige saab saloon type car.  We used to wave most afternoons, as that Irish guy with the mop of curly hair* drove home to his posh new Oakwood pad.

*He came as part of a pair.  The other one didn't get as many starts.  I've got the name Aiden McCaffery in my head, but I'm not convinced I have the right Irishman?  

15 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

They did indeed each have a nice new shiny cream/beige saab saloon type car.  We used to wave most afternoons, as that Irish guy with the mop of curly hair* drove home to his posh new Oakwood pad.

*He came as part of a pair.  The other one didn't get as many starts.  I've got the name Aiden McCaffery in my head, but I'm not convinced I have the right Irishman?  

It's Just come to me...

Billy Caskey was the lesser mate, and the guy we'd wave to most days was the inimitable Vic Moreland!  All hair and 'tache.  Like a poor man's Magnum p.i.  (Tom Selleck) 

I seem to remember they were either conjoined twins, or married, as they kept getting transferred as a pair!  LOL!

Those Saabs were the envy of the football star world, back in the day!

2 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I can't remember the 1984-1985 3rd Strip Red & Black Hoops?.................. @loweman2 show us your shirt?

It was an off the shelf kit provided by Redmaynes just for the game v Bristol Rovers ! A one off, he has also made a mistake on their by including the red shirt that was in fact QPRs away shirtthat we borrowed.

should have saved your £15 @David as there is a proper version of the full history of the team colours coming out in the new book next month !

6 hours ago, loweman2 said:

It was an off the shelf kit provided by Redmaynes just for the game v Bristol Rovers ! A one off, he has also made a mistake on their by including the red shirt that was in fact QPRs away shirtthat we borrowed.

should have saved your £15 @David as there is a proper version of the full history of the team colours coming out in the new book next month !

Can’t frame a book and hang a book, nice print for the house. I’m told it’s being moved to my office when we move though and this is just temporary ?

5 hours ago, David said:

Can’t frame a book and hang a book, nice print for the house. I’m told it’s being moved to my office when we move though and this is just temporary ?

Look at you, playing it cool and just throwing that comment in, pretending to be all blasé about it!

Admit it... You're excited really, ain't yer!  I can see why, mind you!  

Just now, Mucker1884 said:

Look at you, playing it cool and just throwing that comment in, pretending to be all blasé about it!

Admit it... You're excited really, ain't yer!  I can see why, mind you!  

It's a man cave without being booted down the end of the garden in a glorified shed, why wouldn't I be excited? But Ssssh! ?

4 minutes ago, David said:

It's a man cave without being booted down the end of the garden in a glorified shed, why wouldn't I be excited? But Ssssh! ?

You may want it to be a "Man Cave", but we all know it'll be a twee office, with twee window blinds, and a twee fitted beige shag (No shoes allowed!), with matching twee desk tops and all yer twee Apple products in white... and the pics on the wall will still have to be symmetrical/level/neat... and in matching frames. 

#notreallyacave

12 hours ago, loweman2 said:

we also wore Millwall away kit spacer.png

On 28/03/2019 at 19:54, Mucker1884 said:

Those Saabs were the envy of the football star world, back in the day!

They were, in glorous false leg pink.

Archie Gemmill used to pop into Jordan and Fitch in Littleover village and park his outside, only problem was it was a blue one with his name on the side that he got as part of signing for Brum. I remember Gerry Daly (strangely with Billy Hughes in the passenger seat) just about getting his bricked in as he drove it to the Baseball Ground after he'd signed for Coventry. That one was sky blue of course.

17 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

They were, in glorous false leg pink.

Archie Gemmill used to pop into Jordan and Fitch in Littleover village and park his outside, only problem was it was a blue one with his name on the side that he got as part of signing for Brum. I remember Gerry Daly (strangely with Billy Hughes in the passenger seat) just about getting his bricked in as he drove it to the Baseball Ground after he'd signed for Coventry. That one was sky blue of course.

You say "of course", but Coventry will always be the poo browns to me!

Beautiful, just beautiful...

5de9968cbb5dab6913c5320112d22403.jpg