Derby County Shirt Collection

loweman2

4 hours ago, Costa Del Sussex Ram said:

Big Dave coaches football at a school in South London and now bald and tashless! I teach down in Brighton and my school played against his team last month. We were spanked 3-0. Still a Palace folk hero..

Absolutely love to hear stuff like this about players from years ago. 

Swindle, Swindle, Swindlehurst, Swindlehurst, Swindlehurst....ok, not the greatest song of all time but it was a bit of a mouthful and it sounded quite good from the back of the Popside.??

17 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

i think that he reffering to the fact that the club has done nothing with it apart from leaving it to decay for the past twenty years after he donated it to them, the one and only shirt that the club have from the 1970s teams or any team come to mention it !

I often wonder if Jack Stamps FA cup winners medal  was bought by the club when it went to auction . if not that's a real shame as the winning bid was less than half a weeks pay for some of the players we have . 

22 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I often wonder if Jack Stamps FA cup winners medal  was bought by the club when it went to auction . if not that's a real shame as the winning bid was less than half a weeks pay for some of the players we have . 

They brought raich carters 

3CE35F68-69D0-4769-83AF-F61796A3182F.jpeg

9D5B0536-F7E8-48D6-9409-2BF5BB938C26.jpeg

29834784-CEE5-4C07-90E4-E418E7B1B77C.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Derby fans

the shirt worn in 1976 was red as per the picture of Derek Hales scoring but against Colchester in a televised FA Cup match in 1977 , probably the one Hales scored in - they wore it with white shorts and green socks with red and white turnover - hope that solves the mystery

the evidence is a colour photo on a later Colchester programme 

• 2 weeks later...

My all time favourite season watching the Rams was 1986/87, great times as a teenager And great times for our football club, my all time favourite game was that last game of the season v Plymouth where we cemented or position as League Champions.

My visitor today was none other than the joint spearhead of our attack who was always scoring goals for Derby ..Philip Gee, he has very kindly entrusted me to look after his shirt from that season and that he wore in that last game, complete with stains from the day and that season, that now sits proudly with Bobby Davison’s shirt from that season and also the second division championship winners medal ! What a trio ! Also mark wallingtons shirt from the season, it’s like instant time travel back to 1987 ! Oh what a time to be alive ! 
Massive thanks to Phil and another massive shirt from our history preserved for future generations of Derby County fans !

E64DD6AB-6BED-4668-9D3B-31E7A2DD8154.jpeg

E39F1C87-F8FD-4F29-895C-28BF41372EA0.jpeg

DD1B92FB-6F53-4295-9422-D85B98A76A1D.jpeg

A3D52D8A-A6C6-4CED-83B3-9889AC798EEB.jpeg

188B0BE9-1D62-4130-A80D-C40D3D17D00E.jpeg

DCDAC4A5-BFA9-4A95-A07E-CC1BE9218A6B.jpeg

DD69882D-4778-4A7F-8556-A8796A023C97.jpeg

77C12340-E56D-4FF6-845E-24D12F4E6E58.jpeg

A35B80E5-8642-4983-A462-5C5D3AE463E1.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, ramsbottom said:

oh my george takai GIF

Any idea where you can get hold of the 95/96 numbers & lettering???  Got hold of the home shirt and wanted to put 10 Asanovic on the back with the Premier league patches.  No problem getting hold of the right patches, but ebay only have the season after's numbering when they changed to the rounded font...

16 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Added this very nice clean match worn example from the 95/96 promotion season

2038F613-D8D8-4BCE-939C-F25C35BEFB6A.jpeg

540D7F06-EFE0-4400-AE58-B0676EA1A4FC.jpeg

8164F2D8-C82A-47DC-90BA-99127CD98699.jpeg

F7557D4A-7332-4169-B806-32CAA970DF2D.jpeg

F16AD2C0-0213-4611-BBB7-CCF0E5280A72.jpeg

Now this is a Derby shirt, not those old ones back from the old fusty days, very rare to see one now with the Derby County transfer still on the collar, think mine wore off after a couple of washes, people forget how poor quality these shirts were at the time but boy do they bring back some memories

23 minutes ago, David said:

Now this is a Derby shirt, not those old ones back from the old fusty days, very rare to see one now with the Derby County transfer still on the collar, think mine wore off after a couple of washes, people forget how poor quality these shirts were at the time but boy do they bring back some memories

If i remember  rightly Derby were stopped from wearing this when we were in the premier league because the opposition said it was to similar to the referees colours.

Still have mine at home with Stimac 6 on the back ?

2 hours ago, David said:

Fusty ? How very dare you, I tell you something Dave lad, these Puma shirts compared with the modern Umbro are so much nicer, you get a lot more material for your money ! None of this skin tight wicker back in the last century !

2 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Any idea where you can get hold of the 95/96 numbers & lettering???  Got hold of the home shirt and wanted to put 10 Asanovic on the back with the Premier league patches.  No problem getting hold of the right patches, but ebay only have the season after's numbering when they changed to the rounded font...

Off the top of my head 95/96 didn’t have names it was when we went up to the prem in  96/97 that we had names on the shirt and your right they had that different font but sorry not sure where you would find lettering, was it generic or club specific back then ? I think you could use your own club font. There will be somebody who will do it for you

9A497005-2BA0-43D1-AF27-69CB91CFD983.jpeg

Edited by loweman2

36 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Fusty ? How very dare you, I tell you something Dave lad, these Puma shirts compared with the modern Umbro are so much nicer, you get a lot more material for your money ! None of this skin tight wicker back in the last century !

Nothing wrong with skin right if you have the figure for it like me ??‍♂️

Those Puma shirts threads pulled like a bugger, mine ended up with lines of thread missing, throw in the faded collars and transfers falling off they only look great when they’ve been worn once like the one you have.

Thinner material these days with the technology, all the recent shirts have lasted a lot longer, look good as new

19 hours ago, loweman2 said:

Off the top of my head 95/96 didn’t have names it was when we went up to the prem in  96/97 that we had names on the shirt and your right they had that different font but sorry not sure where you would find lettering, was it generic or club specific back then ? I think you could use your own club font. There will be somebody who will do it for you

9A497005-2BA0-43D1-AF27-69CB91CFD983.jpeg

Lettering was available 95/96 that's when i got my Stimac done about a month after he signed, i have a feeling Derby started putting names on shirts for fans before they started appearing on the teams' shirts though. As the premier league had started shirt naming that season.