Derby County Shirt Collection

loweman2

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 18:20, Mucker1884 said:

My very first replica... and probably remains my all time favourite.

If I'm honest, I don't recall the sponsor being on the front of mine.  I'm certain if we had a choice, I'd have opted out?  Would we have had a choice back then, or would I have had that sponsor on?  (I do have a lousy memory!)

EDIT:  Pretty certain the same goes for the number on the back too?  (I certainly wouldn't have paid extra for numbers/letters... I hadn't started work at that stage!)

sorry @Mucker1884 I missed your question, the first season all the replica shirts were plain and then the second season they had the FBM on them to match the player shirts, they certainly didn't have numbers on the back either, great shirts and happy days !!

3 hours ago, loweman2 said:

sorry @Mucker1884 I missed your question, the first season all the replica shirts were plain and then the second season they had the FBM on them to match the player shirts, they certainly didn't have numbers on the back either, great shirts and happy days !!

So I had the first edition then... might be worth a few bob!

...Now, what the hell did I do with it?       

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Bob The Badger said:Am I the only one who for every shirt sees a certain player in it?

Willie Carlin in this one.

BTW, @loweman2 do you collect badges?

Which one do you mean @Bob The Badger ? Not the yellow one as willie had long gone but deffo the old style white one with the rams head on ! I think that he had gone by the time the new ram was introduced!, but I know what you mean, Mackay and willie only wore the old style shirt in their Derby days so that’s all we ever see them in, not like Todd, McFarland, nish, webster etc who were with us for many years and wore a much broader range of shirts !

and no I don’t collect the badges, a line had to drawn and the badges fell short of it , any old shirts lying around though and I am your man !

Just now, loweman2 said:

Which one do you mean @Bob The Badger ? Not the yellow one as willie had long gone but deffo the old style white one with the rams head on ! I think that he had gone by the time the new ram was introduced!, but I know what you mean, Mackay and willie only wore the old style shirt in their Derby days so that’s all we ever see them in, not like Todd, McFarland, nish, webster etc who were with us for many years and wore a much broader range of shirts !

and no I don’t collect the badges, a line had to drawn and the badges fell short of it , any old shirts lying around though and I am your man !

Yeh the white one, I quoted the wrong post.

I may have told you, but I had the shirt Roy Mac wore in the Charity Shield. He gave it Colin Boulton who gave it my dad for the work he did on his testimonial and I lost the ducker. No clue how, it totally baffles me. If it ever turns up it's yours. I'd have liked it to go to a good home.

I had so much memorabilia, but I gave most of it away when we moved to the States. I had programmes going back into the 60's including the classic Leeds one where the team on the back was totally wrong because they subbed everybody because of a Europen game.

Good times!

3 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Yeh the white one, I quoted the wrong post.

I may have told you, but I had the shirt Roy Mac wore in the Charity Shield. He gave it Colin Boulton who gave it my dad for the work he did on his testimonial and I lost the ducker. No clue how, it totally baffles me. If it ever turns up it's yours. I'd have liked it to go to a good home.

I had so much memorabilia, but I gave most of it away when we moved to the States. I had programmes going back into the 60's including the classic Leeds one where the team on the back was totally wrong because they subbed everybody because of a Europen game.

Good times!

No you never told me that before or I would have suggested that you got up in the loft and started looking ! Perhaps now is as good a time as any to make a start ! That really would have a special place to sit ! ???

14 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

No you never told me that before or I would have suggested that you got up in the loft and started looking ! Perhaps now is as good a time as any to make a start ! That really would have a special place to sit ! ???

It won't be in this loft because all there is up there are black widows and I aint going in there for love nor money.

The only place it could be is my sister's in Matlock, but I'm doubtful in all honesty. I'm back home in April and staying with her for a week, I'll do some poking about.

2 hours ago, SKRam said:

@loweman2 power! I’ve not forgotten to get pics of mine mate, you’ll probably have them all but you never know, will sort it soon I promise! If by chance you need any they’re yours.  SSA

Top man @SKRam I love it when you guys offer to get behind what I am doing ! Thank you ! Let me know what you have matey ! Always a good support package in place to reward the backers !

Gotta keep the dream alive for the future generations! ??

On 07/02/2019 at 18:54, reveldevil said:

I know you've got a book coming out @loweman2, but do you think you'll ever display your entire collection under one roof for us all to see?

Would make a fantastic exhibition at the Quad, for instance, although you may need the velodrome to display them all!

Would be great to accompany a book launch, for instance.

If we ever do get that east stand extension, I’d like to see a small-ish museum incorporated - each home game @loweman2 can show off 10 or so different shirts and fans could donate some for viewing too. 

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

If we ever do get that east stand extension, I’d like to see a small-ish museum incorporated - each home game @loweman2 can show off 10 or so different shirts and fans could donate some for viewing too. 

Here’s an idea... 

If there is a book (?) then the launch should be in the big lounge in the West Stand that overlooks the pitch. Then on the pitch you could have every shirt on display worn by hundreds of mannequins. Would look stunning - sort of Antony Gormley esque.

(would be funny if we could get each shirt to be worn by the respective real life player!!)

Get one of those roving cameras on a wire thingys to show all the shirts on the big screen and tv’s. Mixed with a montage of those players playing for the Rams.

Surely the advertising / interest etc would pay for the event and cover costs. As far as I’m aware this would be a World first.

Might even donate @loweman2 my signed Colin Todd shirt to the cause!

Right, that’s enough planning tips and free consultancy, where do I sign up as artistic director?

9 hours ago, loweman2 said:

179D370E-8030-4BE6-90F6-75DA17AD5533.jpeg

02C23788-1D66-4990-B10F-6D6943695AA0.jpeg

Here’s an idea... 

If there is a book (?) then the launch should be in the big lounge in the West Stand that overlooks the pitch. Then on the pitch you could have every shirt on display worn by hundreds of mannequins. Would look stunning - sort of Antony Gormley esque.

(would be funny if we could get each shirt to be worn by the respective real life player!!)

Get one of those roving cameras on a wire thingys to show all the shirts on the big screen and tv’s. Mixed with a montage of those players playing for the Rams.

Surely the advertising / interest etc would pay for the event and cover costs. As far as I’m aware this would be a World first.

Right, that’s enough planning tips and free consultancy, where do I sign up as artistic director?

1 hour ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Here’s an idea... 

If there is a book (?) then the launch should be in the big lounge in the West Stand that overlooks the pitch. Then on the pitch you could have every shirt on display worn by hundreds of mannequins. Would look stunning - sort of Antony Gormley esque.

Have you got a picture of the shirt?

• 4 weeks later...

And one for the history of the Rams shirt book, the start of the demise of English football ? Possibly ! widely documented to be one of the first shirt sponsors with each of the player setting a new car to drive around in ! Don’t know about all that but the shirts looked awesome!

B887200F-D30B-40B3-8E6D-B91EB3FEB370.jpeg

43E30304-D836-46A8-8E20-53DB4CAFBA12.jpeg