Derby County Shirt Collection

loweman2

16 minutes ago, GlastoEls said:

Fabulous collection, absolutely love seeing these shirts.

You know you really should get a short book out with photos of these and the stories behind you meeting the players!

I’m just starting on a project with @dcfccollection and @dcfcest1884 boy from the terrace on the history of the kit and using these shirts to illustrate it ! Should be the next best seller !

On 23/08/2018 at 14:23, loweman2 said:

Nice Georgi Kinkladze match worn turn of the century ! When he was on initial loan period, worn v Sunderland in Feb 2000 on one of his first starts !

76399096-2676-4149-9D43-00C518FFA494.jpeg

179668BA-B994-4A2C-B742-A2D9DA456C48.jpeg

Is this collection something that will be auctioned as part of your estate or would you sell at the right price?

23 minutes ago, froggg said:

Is this collection something that will be auctioned as part of your estate or would you sell at the right price?

I am bringing up the little guy (loweman3) to be a devout Ram, just like my old man did with me, when I die and they lay me to rest it’s going to go to him, my thoughts are that over time the shirts will become rarer and more valued, but I would still love to see in some mad world or parallel universe a load of mannequins displaying each shirt, like in the yard were they could all be on a shelf about ten feet up and running around the entire internal perimeter all 160 of them ! Or of course when we get this rams museum open at Pride Park !

i reckon it has cost around £8,000 so far putting together, I would like to think that some of them are quite valuable.

1 minute ago, loweman2 said:

I am bringing up the little guy (loweman3) to be a devout Ram, just like my old man did with me, when I die and they lay me to rest it’s going to go to him, my thoughts are that over time the shirts will become rarer and more valued, but I would still love to see in some mad world or parallel universe a load of mannequins displaying each shirt, like in the yard were they could all be on a shelf about ten feet up and running around the entire internal perimeter all 160 of them ! Or of course when we get this rams museum open at Pride Park !

i reckon it has cost around £8,000 so far putting together, I would like to think that some of them are quite valuable.

Fair play mate, I’m a bit of a collector as well but way out of your league. ??

14 minutes ago, froggg said:

Fair play mate, I’m a bit of a collector as well but way out of your league. ??

There are leagues and everybody starts somewhere, when I first started it about fifteen years ago you could pick up quite a few bargains on eBay etc but now everybody knows that there is money to be made in old football shirts, I think that because we have had some success in the past fifty years that has inflated the prices, I mean in the 7Os and then also under Arthur Cox and Jim smith in the 80s and 90s so those shirts hold their value and increase as we would rather remember the good days rather than the mediocre, you can get a man united shirt for £50 from the 80s where as a Derby shirt will go for double that, if you get two or three interested they can go for £200 or £300 just because there are so few, most of our mums chucked them in the bin !

I didn’t start out to collect the shirts it just happened and became a mission to collect every shirt in my lifetime, I was born in 1970 so that means there are a lot to collect, I have most of them but there are still a couple as posted previously that I would like, a couple of the guys on here have them so I know they are out there !

up the Rams !

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Is this the one that went for £89?

Which one ? The gabbiadini number 10 was £90 ?

Great result, the guy selling it just thought it was an ordinary replica, so I made him an offer and he changed it from auction to buy it now for me, on his photos he didn’t even show the arm badges, that is what makes this shirt very unique, not many around with those arm badges, also the ram and pro wear are embroidered! All rounded off with a nice felt number 10 on the back, also the two stripes on auto windscreens are both black.

BEDF0ADE-C866-4A95-94D8-B5B6EF311E4C.jpeg

2B9162A9-BBB3-444B-B6A9-6645B1DD92E2.png