Harry Wilson

Sexydadbod

I don’t know if anyone else feels this way but I’ve been very disappointed with him in the last few games after a good pre season and all the reviews about him by Hull and Liverpool fans. He’s all left foot , seems very weak and fragile and doesn’t seem particularly quick. It seems to be leaving us very unbalanced on the right hand side because Wilson keeps wanting to come inside on his left foot and Wisdom doesn’t provide anything offensively. However, he’s a talented player so I don’t want to give up on him. 

That leads me onto my next point. I’m watching Arsenal v Man City and a player who is very similar to Harry Wilson in stature and attributes, Bernardo Silva, is playing on the right side of a 3 man midfield and he’s been fantastic. I wonder if it would be worth giving Wilson a try in a similar position and the same position  that Saiz played for Leeds yesterday? Wilson appears to be blessed with his technique and has plenty of workrate. With players like Wilson, you want them influencing the game by being creative and the best way to do this is by playing him in the middle of the pitch rather than isolated on the wing, just like Saiz did for Leeds. If I recall correctly, Wilson played in midfield in one of the pre season games and did a fine job there.

This would allow us to play Jozefzoon on the right wing and would give the team better balance as his pace would give us an option to run in behind opposition full backs. Wisdom then wouldn’t have to worry about contributing to anything offensively.

TLDR: I propose playing Wilson in midfield where his creative ability would be put to more use alongside Mount and a defensive midfielder. This would then allow Jozefzoon to play on right wing.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

2 games..........just 2 games..........not even time to build a raft or grow a beard and 2 folk above are already dissapointed with 2 of our new young players..........fans today no patience.....expect, and want and need everything now.

Wilson!!!!!!!

Beat me to it 

14 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I don’t know if anyone else feels this way but I’ve been very disappointed with him in the last few games after a good pre season and all the reviews about him by Hull and Liverpool fans. He’s all left foot , seems very weak and fragile and doesn’t seem particularly quick. It seems to be leaving us very unbalanced on the right hand side because Wilson keeps wanting to come inside on his left foot and Wisdom doesn’t provide anything offensively. However, he’s a talented player so I don’t want to give up on him. 

Hello Harry 

Hi Mum

How is it going Harry?

You know Mum, still settling in to the new area, and getting used to my new friends. Been quite a few changes here, and we are learning to play in a different way by the gaffer.

Is Mr Lampard being supportive Harry?

Yeah he is Mum, he’s a really nice guy and he knows that it will take a little while for me to settle, indeed all of us new lads here.

That’s nice Harry.

Yeah Mum, and there’s this really nice guy on the Derby Forum who doesn’t want to give up on me.

That’s really nice isn’t it Harry.

Yeah Mum, really thoughtful.

I never understand the immediate cries of ‘GIVE HIM TIME’. There’s some weird train of thought that points can’t be made just because it’s early into a tenure.

McLovin’s made constructive points about how we could get Wilson to flourish. In fact, Lampard himself has played Wilson on the inside right of a midfield three this very pre-season. 

TobyWanKenobi

He's not done great in the 2 games he's played. He's clearly a total flop and not only should we send him back but we should bill Liverpool for sending him to us. 

While we're at it, let's sack Frank Lampard, put a horses head in Keoghs bed and bring back Joke Buxton.

Joke Buxton was an autocorrect on my phone, but it amused me so it stays.

Playing this system if the front man does not get hold of the ball then the wide players and midfielders will have a difficult time. We know from under SM how fundamental both Martin and GT were to his system, It was the first time MW had played with these players having only arrived last week, Ledley was hauled off at HT.

Its going to take time, I’m not sure FL will hit the panick button just yet and will probably work on getting the players familiar to each other and the way they play before making changes.

Original posted said a few games. He's only played two competitive games for Derby so straight away the post loses credibility.

We have won one and lost one of those two games. Not the end of the world.

He is a young player still learning and will be learning for the next few years.

I'm sorry but our fan base is purely pathetic.

31 minutes ago, cannable said:

I never understand the immediate cries of ‘GIVE HIM TIME’. There’s some weird train of thought that points can’t be made just because it’s early into a tenure.

McLovin’s made constructive points about how we could get Wilson to flourish. In fact, Lampard himself has played Wilson on the inside right of a midfield three this very pre-season. 

Yep, some of the responses are a bit odd. I’m not calling him a bad player, simply suggesting a way to get more out of him.

13 minutes ago, Rammed79 said:

Well I thought at the time we had Jesse lingard that he was lightweight and disappointing he's now an England international I suppose it depends how they are managed. 

Or perhaps he’s matured as a player, if he had been the finished player then we wouldn’t have got him. Going on loan was part of his education, not the fact that he has or hasn’t been managed properly.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

That leads me onto my next point. I’m watching Arsenal v Man City and a player who is very similar to Harry Wilson in stature and attributes, Bernardo Silva, is playing on the right side of a 3 man midfield and he’s been fantastic. I wonder if it would be worth giving Wilson a try in a similar position and the same position  that Saiz played for Leeds yesterday? Wilson appears to be blessed with his technique and has plenty of workrate. With players like Wilson, you want them influencing the game by being creative and the best way to do this is by playing him in the middle of the pitch rather than isolated on the wing, just like Saiz did for Leeds. If I recall correctly, Wilson played in midfield in one of the pre season games and did a fine job there.

This would allow us to play Jozefzoon on the right wing and would give the team better balance as his pace would give us an option to run in behind opposition full backs. Wisdom then wouldn’t have to worry about contributing to anything offensively.

TLDR: I propose playing Wilson in midfield where his creative ability would be put to more use alongside Mount and a defensive midfielder. This would then allow Jozefzoon to play on right wing.

Stop the doom and gloom, stop the pointing fingers and stop any negativity you have in your head.

Reading your post makes me think you've analysed the game like a thousand times in your head since the game finished and come up with this dross.

We are two friggin games in and people like you start to give the team no chance over the next 44 games. Get a life man and wait at least a dozen games before starting to pick fault.

You say you don't want to give up on him, two friggin games and your talking about giving up.

Some Derby fans really are a wet lettuce. 

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

I don’t know if anyone else feels this way 

Okay, I’m listening.

but I’ve been very disappointed with him

Still with you. Not unreasonable.

in the last few games

Okay no I’m well and truly out now.

4 minutes ago, Mckram said:

I thought he actually looked dangerous on the ball yesterday when running at them.

Lawrence on the other hand...

Hey don't beat young Wilson with a stick, I've already got one I'm using on young Lawrence.

Archived