Harry Wilson

Sexydadbod

I really don't see what people's problem is with the OP.

He's not berating the player, just suggesting another role for him in this system that may or may not bring about an improvement in said individuals contribution.

It's at least worthy of debate, surely.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I really don't see what people's problem is with the OP.

He's not berating the player, just suggesting another role for him in this system that may or may not bring about an improvement in said individuals contribution.

It's at least worthy of debate, surely.

That’s fine. I think it’s the tone. The bloke’s failed so far, I agree - but in a grand total of 2 games.

40 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Okay, I’m listening.

Still with you. Not unreasonable.

Okay no I’m well and truly out now.

Maybe this will help ?

While many people would agree that "a few" means three or more, the actual dictionary definition of "a few" is, "not many but more than one." So, "a few" cannot be one, but it can be as low as two.

1 minute ago, AdamRam said:

Maybe this will help ?

While many people would agree that "a few" means three or more, the actual dictionary definition of "a few" is, "not many but more than one." So, "a few" cannot be one, but it can be as low as two.

This post is so pedantic, it’s a thing of beauty. 11/10 forumming.

6 minutes ago, Duracell said:

That’s fine. I think it’s the tone. The bloke’s failed so far, I agree - but in a grand total of 2 games.

He just said he's disappointed so far, not failed. 

He doesn't make any suggestion that he'll keep on failing though if kept in the same position, and suggests an alternative role to get the best out of Wilson.

I'm not saying I agree, If Wilson and Mount were our attacking Mids we'd certainly need a sitting midfielder in front of the back four, which we possibly don't have, but I didn't see it as an overly negative post.

Certainly not when compared to some in the last 24hrs.

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

I don’t know if anyone else feels this way but I’ve been very disappointed with him in the last few games after a good pre season and all the reviews about him by Hull and Liverpool fans. He’s all left foot , seems very weak and fragile and doesn’t seem particularly quick. It seems to be leaving us very unbalanced on the right hand side because Wilson keeps wanting to come inside on his left foot and Wisdom doesn’t provide anything offensively. However, he’s a talented player so I don’t want to give up on him. 

That leads me onto my next point. I’m watching Arsenal v Man City and a player who is very similar to Harry Wilson in stature and attributes, Bernardo Silva, is playing on the right side of a 3 man midfield and he’s been fantastic. I wonder if it would be worth giving Wilson a try in a similar position and the same position  that Saiz played for Leeds yesterday? Wilson appears to be blessed with his technique and has plenty of workrate. With players like Wilson, you want them influencing the game by being creative and the best way to do this is by playing him in the middle of the pitch rather than isolated on the wing, just like Saiz did for Leeds. If I recall correctly, Wilson played in midfield in one of the pre season games and did a fine job there.

This would allow us to play Jozefzoon on the right wing and would give the team better balance as his pace would give us an option to run in behind opposition full backs. Wisdom then wouldn’t have to worry about contributing to anything offensively.

TLDR: I propose playing Wilson in midfield where his creative ability would be put to more use alongside Mount and a defensive midfielder. This would then allow Jozefzoon to play on right wing.

Guess who Wilson had as his right back for most of his time at Hull. 

A certain Fikaro Tomori. 

1 hour ago, CHCDerby said:

Stop the doom and gloom, stop the pointing fingers and stop any negativity you have in your head.

Reading your post makes me think you've analysed the game like a thousand times in your head since the game finished and come up with this dross.

We are two friggin games in and people like you start to give the team no chance over the next 44 games. Get a life man and wait at least a dozen games before starting to pick fault.

You say you don't want to give up on him, two friggin games and your talking about giving up.

Some Derby fans really are a wet lettuce. 

Anyone got a bucket full of water to chuck?

11 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Maybe this will help ?

Wouldn’t 2 be a couple though? You know, for normal people.

Jordan Ibe looked dog poo when he arrived. By the time he was recalled at Xmas he was one of the best players in the league. A recall I’m convinced cost us dearly. Wilson looks a talent, but isn’t quite up to speed yet. I suspect by the time we have played a dozen games, he will be a great addition to the team 

4 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

He hasn’t had a great time, but he needs time to bed himself in. Likewise, I’ve been disappointed with Mount so far. 

Wilson’s decision making on the ball was very poor yesterday.

Hopefully he beds in soonish. We only have him for one season....

5 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Although his defending (one clearance apart) was poor and his decision-making dubious, I thought some of his skill and interplay with Mount was incredibly exciting. 

Him and Mount have a good understanding. I'm surprised so few people noticed their interplay. 

PistoldPete2
6 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Guess who Wilson had as his right back for most of his time at Hull. 

A certain Fikaro Tomori. 

Tomori looked more like a full back on Saturday. Pacy, comfortable on the ball and can tackle. Pretty rubbish in the air though so not a CB. I agree play Tomori at RB and drop Wisdom. Even play Pearce at CB if Davies is injured... Or move Wisdom to CB. 

3 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Tomori looked more like a full back on Saturday. Pacy, comfortable on the ball and can tackle. Pretty rubbish in the air though so not a CB. I agree play Tomori at RB and drop Wisdom. Even play Pearce at CB if Davies is injured... Or move Wisdom to CB. 

Bang on mate 

goals 2 and 4 were routine basic defending from balls into the box 

he lost roofe spectacularly for one and then got caught woefully under the other one 

Archived