Björn Engels - Signed For Stade de Reims

Topram

2 hours ago, Brentfordjack said:

Because you were giving it large Dude when I was giving you some facts.I was at Stoke today and the fault was Bentley not Mepham  as you will see if you can bare to watch the championship tonight.5 goals concede in 2 games not looking good and likkle Brentford are above you.?

Who?

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 09/08/2018 at 18:58, Brentfordjack said:

Brentford signed Jeanvier 2 weeks ago from Reims after initially being interested Engels but never put in a bid.The fact that we turned down a bid from Leicester of 15 mill for Mepham and signed Konsa from Charlton we are well represented in that area.Be interesting to see how they compare when Bees play you hopefully Keogh will be out there for amusement value usually is.

?

6 hours ago, Brentfordjack said:

Because you were giving it large Dude when I was giving you some facts.I was at Stoke today and the fault was Bentley not Mepham  as you will see if you can bare to watch the championship tonight.5 goals concede in 2 games not looking good and likkle Brentford are above you.?

Fair enough . Guess we'll have to console ourselves with finishing higher than you 98 times in the 98 years you've been in the football league. Most of the time a couple of leagues higher to be honest.

12 hours ago, Brentfordjack said:

Bare to watch?

Hope you're in the privacy of your own home and not down your local!

General opinion was it was our goal keeper at fault,Maupay is 20 years of age and already a full Wales international who will eventually go to a P L club so I doubt if your club would be of any interest as you are an established championship side for 13 years apart from that embarrassing season there where you still keep that pathetic record of just one win in a season.Whereas Keogh is div 1 at best but always good for a laugh never forget him being left on his arse by Jota when we stuffed you 4 0 few years back.Enjoy your season which I can see mid table at best.

27 minutes ago, Kuskus said:

After yesterday we might need another cb 

Problem was LB. Lowe's inexperience was cruelly exposed. Ledley got dragged into trying to help and in doing so left the rest of the defence far too exposed. 

Doubt Lowe will start the next league game. Bit of a dilemma really, he needs games to gain experience at this level, but equally we can't ship points for the privilege. 

Next game, Malone will be at LB, Curtis will hopefully be back in the middle.

31 minutes ago, Brentfordjack said:

General opinion was it was our goal keeper at fault,Maupay is 20 years of age and already a full Wales international who will eventually go to a P L club so I doubt if your club would be of any interest as you are an established championship side for 13 years apart from that embarrassing season there where you still keep that pathetic record of just one win in a season.Whereas Keogh is div 1 at best but always good for a laugh never forget him being left on his arse by Jota when we stuffed you 4 0 few years back.Enjoy your season which I can see mid table at best.

You are an established League one side mate .  Shouldn't you be bothering Leyton Orient or someone .  My favourite Brentford match was when Bent scored that ninety fourth minute equaliser to keep you out the playoff places.

30 minutes ago, Brentfordjack said:

I You’re having a laugh aren’t you? You draw 1-1 with stoke 4-1 vs Rotherham and you’re giving it the big one? Go crawl back under your rock. Derby will need a few weeks to click I predict mixed results until after the international break, after that we’ll go on a run that will inspire us for the season. Playoffs minimum. Whereas all Brentford can hope for is a scramble for 6th place on the final day. Good luck to you - Ollie Watkins F.C. hahahahahhahahahhah

9 hours ago, StaffsRam said:

Problem was LB. Lowe's inexperience was cruelly exposed. Ledley got dragged into trying to help and in doing so left the rest of the defence far too exposed. 

Doubt Lowe will start the next league game. Bit of a dilemma really, he needs games to gain experience at this level, but equally we can't ship points for the privilege. 

Next game, Malone will be at LB, Curtis will hopefully be back in the middle.

I’m not sure it’s quite as straight forward as that. Lowe was often left to deal with 2 attackers as Lawrence wasn’t tracking back as he’d done in the pre-season games. You can replace Lowe with Malone, and no doubt he’d be better aerially, but you still have the same problem until this issue is addressed. 

I quite like Brentford. @Brentfordjack I’m sure you just feel like you need to give some back after a few on here jumped down your throat, but you are on a Derby forum. Maybe stop giving it the big one, you’ve got some good players and play a nice style of football, but you’ve done that for a few seasons and are still in the same league. It’s also been 2 league games...

On 09/08/2018 at 18:58, Brentfordjack said:

Brentford signed Jeanvier 2 weeks ago from Reims after initially being interested Engels but never put in a bid.The fact that we turned down a bid from Leicester of 15 mill for Mepham and signed Konsa from Charlton we are well represented in that area.Be interesting to see how they compare when Bees play you hopefully Keogh will be out there for amusement value usually is.

Unfortunately you gave yourself away as a Derby fan with that last comment about Keogh.

Really good footballing team Brentford always love watching them.

Some dick heads as fans unfortunately,just like us.

I’ve no axe to grind with Derby only posted to correct someone who was talking crap about us.Im used to the little cub,tin pot club stuff thats directed art us and the little is correct and most of our fans are aware of as we have the smallest ground in this league and our new ground will only hold 17500.The main ambition was to stay in this league when we came up 4 seasons ago until we get to our new stadium and then try and push on.Most of us older fans just love this league with massive clubs and superb stadiums and we have done well to get 4 top 10 finishes on the trot.We are a very stable club in a league where the expectations for big clubs like yours are ridiculous as there are at least a dozen others of similar size.Quite like the fact that we are very much under the radar but we are talked of very highly by a lot of opposition fans as to how we play and who also have our GriffinPark away ground day experience in their top 3. Jozefzoon needs to geta run in the side to see the best of him as we found when when we used him at first off the bench.Look forward to our visit to Pride Park next month when I hope Frank is still finding his feet.

23 hours ago, Brentfordjack said:

isxtp.jpg

1 hour ago, Brentfordjack said:

I’ve no axe to grind with Derby only posted to correct someone who was talking crap about us.Im used to the little cub,tin pot club stuff thats directed art us and the little is correct and most of our fans are aware of as we have the smallest ground in this league and our new ground will only hold 17500.The main ambition was to stay in this league when we came up 4 seasons ago until we get to our new stadium and then try and push on.Most of us older fans just love this league with massive clubs and superb stadiums and we have done well to get 4 top 10 finishes on the trot.We are a very stable club in a league where the expectations for big clubs like yours are ridiculous as there are at least a dozen others of similar size.Quite like the fact that we are very much under the radar but we are talked of very highly by a lot of opposition fans as to how we play and who also have our GriffinPark away ground day experience in their top 3. Jozefzoon needs to geta run in the side to see the best of him as we found when when we used him at first off the bench.Look forward to our visit to Pride Park next month when I hope Frank is still finding his feet.

Enjoy my trips to Brentford. How far is the new ground from Griffin Park?

1 hour ago, Brentfordjack said:

Don’t tar us all with the same brush mate.

Really like Brentford’s approach and style.

But please don’t take cheap shots at Richard Keogh,leave that to the Derby fans.

Not all Derby fans hate him,some of us love him but accept he’s had a bad start this year...he’ll come back.

All the best to Brentford.

Archived