New season, new Richard Keogh thread.

Jon_Grooves

5 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

He's gonna look worse unless we change something. the 352 made keogh look good. likewise having huddlestone almost as an extra defender helps him too.

Nah. He had a bit of a wobble, as did Wizzy. and Lowe et al. Is all.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was poor today and lost concentration a few times, but the midfield need to come and make an option if he's told not to hit it long. In that first half in particular, I think just twice a midfielder come short, collected it off him and try to start the attack themselves. The rest of the half they'd come short and do a 1 - 2 with him and we'd be straight back to square 1. In the 2nd half they had a lot more movement and so Keogh was able to pull off a lot more of those driven passes into feet

Bad today. It’s one game though, and it’s these one offs that are levelled against him. He’s still one of the key parts of the best defences in the league. We shouldn’t complain about our defence, there’s not many better in this league. Enjoy the win. 

11 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

He's gonna look worse unless we change something. the 352 made keogh look good. likewise having huddlestone almost as an extra defender helps him too.

It might be a bit controversial but I think you’re along the right lines. We switched to a back 3 for a reason last season. It gave Davies and Keogh more protection. Keogh could rely on his pace a few years ago to recover from mistakes but he’s in his 30s now and losing his pace, same as Davies. Better teams will target them, especially if our full backs continue to play really high up the pitch.

All players misplace passes occasionally but those two passes were shockers that would earn a berating in the  25th division of the shop workers Wednesday afternoon league. I am not a fan of Keogh but understand why so many are. On the other hand our first goal came from another misplaced Keogh pass so was not all bad. ? 

For all his positive attributes, ultimately he is a massive liability. Got away with his mistakes tonight. However, history has taught us that he won't continue to get away with them and that sadly could be the difference come the end of the season.

Oh for God's sake. If any of the players had made a mistake you would blame Keogh based on history. He was immense most of last season, he was immense in pre-season.  He makes one mistake and every one is on his back. Judge him over 46 games not just the odd one. First game and some are bringing a player down.

I guess you NEVER made a mistake.

Please close this rubbish down. 

8 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

Oh for God's sake. If any of the players had made a mistake you would blame Keogh based on history. He was immense most of last season, he was immense in pre-season.  He makes one mistake and every one is on his back. Judge him over 46 games not just the odd one. First game and some are bringing a player down.

I guess you NEVER made a mistake.

Please close this rubbish down. 

I am very much pro-Keogh. Last season he kept stepping forward with the ball into midfield  and looked quality. Last night he was awful. Sorry he was...worst I have seen him. Passing was woeful.

Hope its a one-off but couple more performances like that and he will be out. 

Snake's football was ultra negative and whenever I saw us last season it was all about shape and the whole team shuttling slowly from side to side. 

Was like watching a table football game with all the rigid players on bars ?

Last night looked a bit too far the other way. Every time I looked for ledley he seemed to be out near one of our full backs. Bryso I thought was v quiet first half. Wilson quiet game.

But it all worked out OK.  We were away after all. Nobody's just going to roll over for us at home.

doesn't matter what anyone says Keogh has got to try and stop thinking for himself,do the simple thing first head it and kick it Mark Wright he ain't.Keogh Wisdom and Wilson all below par last night but hey ho first game and all that ,still some quality players to come in all will settle in time ,it was never gonna be steamroll every body in sight ,but you have to admit it was refreshing to see us trying to win the game with 10 seconds to go never happened for a long time that.

Archived