Lampard's inner animal!

RoyMac5

Following an 18-month stint as a pundit after ­retiring as a player in ­February 2017, Lampard says he may even struggle to ­contain “the animal” inside him which took him to the top as a player.

“It has certainly brought another intensity to my life this week,” said the 40-year-old.
Heated moments can bring out the animal inside, I will try to keep that within. I am not sure how big the animal is inside me.

“There will be nerves come match-day, because this is a new role. Potentially they could be bigger now, but I don’t mind nerves. That comes with the territory. To go by the last month, I probably won’t sleep very well, management does bring lots of ­different issues.
“You take full responsibility and do wake up sometimes in the night thinking about players and tactics. But I’m very excited and focused. Fans want to see passion and that you really care – and I will care."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/new-derby-manager-frank-lampard-13017893

#COYR

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just hope he controls his "animal" and doesn't pick up these Red and Yellow cards the Refs will dish out this season!

BUT I love the passion. Despite the words I never felt that from Rowett or Clement or Mac for that matter.

'course Jewell had passion but she didn't play for Derby

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

... Lampard says he may even struggle to ­contain “the animal” inside him which took him to the top as a player.

Heated moments can bring out the animal inside, I will try to keep that within. I am not sure how big the animal is inside me.

#COYR

Disappointed that no-one has suggested that Frankie's (inner animal is) a Ram?

3 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Just hope he controls his "animal" and doesn't pick up these Red and Yellow cards the Refs will dish out this season!

BUT I love the passion. Despite the words I never felt that from Rowett or Clement or Mac for that matter.

'course Jewell had passion but she didn't play for Derby

The problem with these managers and especially rowett is that its their job. I once met Rowett when he joined us as a manager and said 'dosent it bring back memories?' His reply shocked me. He said 'it was only a job'. Mean while with Frank. He was once a fan himself so he understands us. You can tell he is taking this more than a job and he is passionate about our football club. I think we need to keep Frank as long as possible and try not to hate or dish him when results dont go our way.

Archived