It's too hot

Day

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today was just nice.

25 degrees, nice breeze, sat in the shade under the trees at Queen's Park, Chesterfield watching the cricket all day, sipping Belgian beer.

Just about OK to work in anything up to about 30°c, above that I've got to say it's a bit uncomfortable, but nothing is too hot to doss in.

Think people need to manage their houses better if it's been to hot to sleep - shut your blinds in the day and open the windows when it gets dark.

31 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

45c in parts of the factory this week. Have to wear buttoned up overalls, hairnets etc. Some seriously stressed people and frayed tempers but someones gotta keep you lot supplied with Digestives....

Forget Bryson, this is a legend! Keep us dunking!

9 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Just about OK to work in anything up to about 30°c, above that I've got to say it's a bit uncomfortable, but nothing is too hot to doss in.

Think people need to manage their houses better if it's been to hot to sleep - shut your blinds in the day and open the windows when it gets dark.

Mate I’ll take 30 degree days for summer. Over here I’m constantly welding stainless gutters and pipe work in 35 deg. At the moment our nice winters day are around 25 c

1 hour ago, Stagtime said:

Mate I’ll take 30 degree days for summer. Over here I’m constantly welding stainless gutters and pipe work in 35 deg. At the moment our nice winters day are around 25 c

25c is no winter! That’s just a permanent summer

Just now, Stagtime said:

It’s funny how we love coming over there for winter but whinge when the temp goes under 20 c here.

Just what you're used to I guess, couple of weeks holiday is a nice break, but you wouldn't want it permanently. I don't mind a couple of weeks heatwave but we've had about a month of it now, dragging on. 

How those buggers in Dubai survive is beyond me, this has got to be too much for even the hardcore sun worshippers. If you had the money to live out there, the first thing you should buy is a first class ticket out of there.

Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 09.16.38.png

1 minute ago, David said:

Just what you're used to I guess, couple of weeks holiday is a nice break, but you wouldn't want it permanently. I don't mind a couple of weeks heatwave but we've had about a month of it now, dragging on. 

How those buggers in Dubai survive is beyond me, this has got to be too much for even the hardcore sun worshippers. If you had the money to live out there, the first thing you should buy is a first class ticket out of there.

Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 09.16.38.png

Not wrong there! We lived in London autumn and winter 2014 and really embraced the weather. The rellies in Derby think we bring the good weather with us as Christmas 2016 and last April when we were there it was beautiful weather.

16 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

45c in parts of the factory this week. Have to wear buttoned up overalls, hairnets etc. Some seriously stressed people and frayed tempers but someones gotta keep you lot supplied with Digestives....

2c in parts here. 

16 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Takes the biscuit eh.

Some jammy dodgers have air con ? Too bloody cold in here.

Archived