It's too hot

Day

6 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I'm sorry guys but this country is depressing enough as it is.  At least when the suns shining and you can laze around in a pair of shorts and your fave Derby shirt, things feel just a little better...

You can do that in January......just inside the house.

No BBQ fumes wafting over making you permanently hungry, so much quieter without screaming kids, lawnmowers and that guy with the van trying to flog ice creams with his one track CD.

No waking up in the morning unsure if you've had an accident during the night or it's just sweat, no dog slumped in he hallway with his tongue hanging out, having to check for a pulse.

Overrated summer is.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, David said:

You can do that in January......just inside the house.

No BBQ fumes wafting over making you permanently hungry, so much quieter without screaming kids, lawnmowers and that guy with the van trying to flog ice creams with his one track CD.

No waking up in the morning unsure if you've had an accident during the night or it's just sweat, no dog slumped in he hallway with his tongue hanging out, having to check for a pulse.

Overrated summer is.

If there is such a thing as the Grinch of Summer then I think you are him. Can you confirm or deny?

images-50.jpg.baf78f9752bc26f845ae075f4f86a8fe.jpg

2 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

If there is such a thing as the Grinch of Summer then I think you are him. Can you confirm or deny?

images-50.jpg.baf78f9752bc26f845ae075f4f86a8fe.jpg

Wouldn't say I'm a Grinch, anything up to 21c is fine by me, it's when we start going above and into the high 20s, last night it was 23c at midnight!

Can't be having that, not right at all.

3 minutes ago, David said:

Wouldn't say I'm a Grinch, anything up to 21c is fine by me, it's when we start going above and into the high 20s, last night it was 23c at midnight!

Can't be having that, not right at all.

Gotta admit that I don't cope too well with extreme heat. However I'll take it everytime over the dismal, depressing summers of recent times. Long may it continue I say.

At this precise moment i’m sat on the beach, surrounded by bikinis. I’m not complaining at the moment. My problem is Monday and Tuesday when I have to work. After that until the 9th of August the sun can shine all it wants. Problem is I have 52 weekends, about ten bank holidays and 20 working days holiday. The rest are a total pain in the backside when it’s 30 degrees in the shade (yes I know it’s not 30 degrees in the shade all year round).

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

Can't be hot enough for me.  We haven't had a decent summer is donkeys years, so I'm enjoying it while I can.  BBQ's, chicks walking round in next to nothing, beautiful sunsets, not having to towel the dogs paws down whenever he comes back in from the wet, muddy garden, not having to mow the lawn for a solid 5 weeks...  Bliss ?

Any human being saying they prefer the cold to the heat is an absolute c**kwomble!!!

Chicks? Are they still called that? 

1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

I was going to say clunge-wrappers but I thought that was a bit much.  Then I was plumping for bints, but again a little harsh.  Birds?  A little common.  So yeah, chicks...

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

1 hour ago, Lambchop said:

No. 

Yes lets be more grown up...birds. 

Sith Happens
53 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I was going to say clunge-wrappers but I thought that was a bit much.  Then I was plumping for bints, but again a little harsh.  Birds?  A little common.  So yeah, chicks...

You could have said fanny. ?

2 hours ago, David said:

Winters are warmer now anyway, can't remember a real good one that freezes your bogeys, it's only January and February now that drop to 1/2c occasionally.

Back around 2009 it was about -20. You probably were hibernating at the time. 

2 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

I never understood some of these young people’s terms.

Clunge??

Gooch??Surely that’s an ex-England cricketer?

I absolutely love the sun, and sunny days in general, but there is a point where it gets too hot. 

If it's dry heat it's generally OK, but when it's humid it can be a nightmare and horrible. Right now I'm at 39 degrees and high humidity, so I naturally don't want to go outside. Why would I? I walk one block and I'm drenched in sweat.

For 8 months of the year the weather is perfect here. June is just about bearable. July, August and especially September are disgusting. Wish I could go back to Europe for those three months.

3 hours ago, David said:

Winters are warmer now anyway, can't remember a real good one that freezes your bogeys, it's only January and February now that drop to 1/2c occasionally.

Must of forgot what Feb and March were like this year.....

28 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

I never understood some of these young people’s terms.

Clunge??

Gooch??Surely that’s an ex-England cricketer?

The gooch is the area between the bottom & the genitalia, I believe the anatomical term for it is the perineum.

Archived