Carson...

DCFC27

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DcfcJB said:

Absolutely love the guy, best goalkeeper I have seen play for Derby, however after watching the game yesterday, it looks like we will be playing out from the back as much as possible. One thing all Derby fans know is he isn’t particularly great at picking a pass... at times yesterday it was exposed. Very sad but could see him being replaced in Jan if he can’t adapt it, anyone share this theory. However still the best shot stopper in the championship! 

No chance of being replaced imo. DcfcJB

Our Hilda reckons im a keeper . Aye worra bout when mi mate came round ... he knocked on door and Hilda  came ta door

... mi mate sez is Owd  Miner in... Hilda sez I wa darn garden feeding pigs ... mi mate sez how will i know which one is Owd Miner ??? Hilda sez hes the one wi a bobble hat on....oh how we laughed ... 

2 hours ago, DcfcJB said:

Absolutely love the guy, best goalkeeper I have seen play for Derby, however after watching the game yesterday, it looks like we will be playing out from the back as much as possible. One thing all Derby fans know is he isn’t particularly great at picking a pass... at times yesterday it was exposed. Very sad but could see him being replaced in Jan if he can’t adapt it, anyone share this theory. However still the best shot stopper in the championship! 

FFS! Don’t you hate it when school has closed for summer and all the kids want to do is stir up trouble.

2 hours ago, DcfcJB said:

One thing this Derby fan (me, Inverurie Ram) knows is he's a Superstar!

1 hour ago, Bigfella said:

FFS! Don’t you hate it when school has closed for summer and all the kids want to do is stir up trouble.

Except it's a perfectly valid opinion to hold. Many premier league teams have got rid of decent shot stoppers to replace them for keepers with better distribution. Calling him a kid isn't really a valid point.

Not sure why people are shutting this down so dismissively, it's a fair debate to be had, distribution is his weakness.

However, in my view, where we'd gain a better distributor, we'd lose a solid Premier League quality keeper.

Carson....disruptive, greedy, needs the whole defence to be built around him. Just because he's been our player of the year that doesn't mean he's actually any good. He's very old. Rarely waves. Doesn't come out his box and join in the build up play. Can't even play a trumpet.

We should sell him and use the money to buy jack Marriott, Ollie Watkins, omar burglar, and whoever Forest are after.

Bring back Poom!  

6 hours ago, Andicis said:

Except it's a perfectly valid opinion to hold. Many premier league teams have got rid of decent shot stoppers to replace them for keepers with better distribution. Calling him a kid isn't really a valid point.

Don't take life so seriously. I am sure he was just attempting humour. Which I got

25 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Not sure why people are shutting this down so dismissively, it's a fair debate to be had, distribution is his weakness.

However, in my view, where we'd gain a better distributor, we'd lose a solid Premier League quality keeper.

I would rather have him at the back with his so called poor distribution than Roos who seems to dither and wait until the opposition are on top of him.

Sith Happens

Bit harsh to knock the OP as this is how Carson has been seen to play. However you have to consider he is an employee and doing as hes been advised to do by the management team to suit their style of play. I am not knocking rowett etc just saying he did, pretty well, as he was asked to do. 

I am sure he will be fine

To be honest I was just wanting to gauge people’s thoughts, seems we all back Carson, however appears to me there’s a 50/50 split on whether his distribution could cause us any issues this season. 

Solid shot stopper though, just hope he can adapt his game to Lampards style rather than lump the ball up the field and slow the game down style we had under GR. 

9 hours ago, Bigfella said:

Inaccurate, no relevance and I suggest whilst you may not share a view, it would be a little more intelligent to put your point across rather than spouting demising comments to fellow fans. 

Don’t understand why some users are criticising the OP. He’s not calling Carson a bad keeper but distribution is one of Carson’s weaknesses as he often kicks it out of play. For a team that wants to play on the front foot, a goalkeeper’s distribution is absolutely key. There was a big fuss about this debate when Guardiola got rid of Joe Hart in favour of buying a goalkeeper in Ederson who is brilliant with his feet. A goalkeeper being good with his feet can transform defense into attack. Some examples of the importance of a goalkeeper needing to be good with this feet. 

10 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Don’t understand why some users are criticising the OP. He’s not calling Carson a bad keeper but distribution is one of Carson’s weaknesses as he often kicks it out of play. For a team that wants to play on the front foot, a goalkeeper’s distribution is absolutely key. There was a big fuss about this debate when Guardiola got rid of Joe Hart in favour of buying a goalkeeper in Ederson who is brilliant with his feet. A goalkeeper being good with his feet can transform defense into attack. Some examples of the importance of a goalkeeper needing to be good with this feet. 

Those keepers are expensive and in the premier league though

Archived