v Southampton (H) Match Thread

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, irobinson said:

id be a bit worried if I was a Saints fan...

I've been viewing their forum - they are.

Just now, SaintRam said:

Certainly *seems* like Roos has stepped in front of Mitchell in the pecking order, in Lampard's eyes.

A little surprising, but Roos is an excellent shot stopper. Big frame too.

I'm relieved if it's the case. Always liked Kelle. Said it before but Mitchell can't physically dominate his area so we're always under massive pressure at crosses. When you're 2 inches shorter than even our famously diminutive goalkeeping coach, I don't believe you can play at this level. 

As an example, the opposition today has a six foot six centre forward and Mitchell is a five foot ten keeper. Who wins when they're competing for a ball? Roos is six foot four, only slightly above average for a modern top class keeper. Really really tough on Mitchell who's obviously been extraordinary to get this far. And admittedly Pickford is only a few inches bigger, but I believe those inches count. 

Meanwhile, pre-season poacher extraordinaire Mason Bennett makes it 3-0 from the rebound after Josefzoon fluffs his lines for a debut goal. 

they look clueless, uninterested and not fit!!

They're consoling themselves that their WC players (Yoshida for one) are not back.

But they're worried that the inclusion of their 18m CB has saw their defensive organisation get worse rather than better.

they look clueless, uninterested and not fit!!

I thought this was probably their first pre-season game judging by how much more energetic our lads look than theirs. Nope, it's their third, just like us. They've beat Jiangsu 3-2 and drew 3-3 with Schalke 

Bennett giving some food for thought. 

When he was coming through the youth system, his power was a big asset. Trouble was then going to senior football he was a boy playing against men. Looking at him this pre season he now looks powerful again, could he finally become they player he was hyped (far too early) to be?

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

They're consoling themselves that their WC players (Yoshida for one) are not back.

But they're worried that the inclusion of their 18m CB has saw their defensive organisation get worse rather than better.

WC players not back? They all look toilet today

1 minute ago, irobinson said:

just been on Saints forum - Hughes out, Seasons over already, Being outthought by Frank Lampard......and others

So when did some of our fans get transferred to Saints?

Sith Happens
Just now, eddie said:

So when did some of our fans get transferred to Saints?

Did bryson sign for them?

Archived