v Southampton (H) Match Thread

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lowe showing why he was compared to Ashley Cole as a youth, when the coaching staff was a bit full of hype before his injuries.

A huge asset if he stays fit. 

Tidy performance so far. Couple of chances. Bryson making v intelligent runs. Max Lowe = Mr Cool. Mount and Wilson look composed and quick without setting world fire. Heat / fitness getting to Nuge

There’s some very good performances, but let’s just take a minute to really appreciate Max Lowe. I don’t think I’ve seen a half that good from a Derby left back in years. He’s first to absolutely everything and getting us up the pitch quicker than anyone else. He’s been outstanding. The quality of Mount & Wilson is plain to see. Lawrence looking sharp. It’s been a great first half. We’ve made a strong Southampton team look like the lower league side. 

Confident. 

What a finish to the half from Lowe who out - fought Ward-Prowse to win the ball and from nothing release Nugent who had a half-chance to lob the keeper but over-cooked it. 

Great half. Dominated the first 30 minutes, more even for the last 15. We remind me of England, also in the manner we're not making or taking enough chances when on top. But an excellent half of football. We'll done everyone! 

If I was a Saints fan I'd be worried for the coming campaign as they've mainly been outplayed. But if it were a competitive match they've stayed in the game. 

First full half ive watched under Lampard and really impressed with it, players clearly buying into his ideas.

Fast high press from the front, can see us causing a lot of teams problems with this. Its causing a Prem team issues so can see a few goals coming from it next season.

Never been fully convinced by Lowe but wow from that 45mins he looks to have improved a lot, keep playing like this and we dont need a new left back.

Lawrence looks very confident, dont know if thats Lampard & his team or Lawrence getting a full preseason here but can see a big season from him.

Mount & Wilson look really good, played so clever balls in that half, Wilson to Lawrence was quality just lacked a finish.

However, from that first half we really do need a younger energetic striker in. Someone like Marriott would thrive in this style of play. Nugent can do the job for about 20-25mins off the bench but not starting every game.

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, DC-1975 said:

I assume Bennett will be the replacement centre forward. It will be interesting to see how he gets on.

He'll walk i reckon.

Some shockers from around the grounds at half time

Harrogate Town 6-0 Bradford City
AFC Wimbledon 2-0 Brighton
Oldham 0-1 Forest
Concord Rangers 2-1 Leyton Orient
Accrington Stanley 3-1 Middlesbrough

Very entertaining first half and quite a good atmosphere. Lowe, Mount, Lawrence and Wisdom are my picks - all looking fit, playing with positivity and Lowe's performance is coming off the back of the full 90 on Wednesday.

Wilson is class on ball but a bit hesitant in his positioning (it's early days of course!) 

To the idiot near me slagging Lowe off - go and watch tiddlywinks  - you might have a better understanding of that! 

Just now, angieram said:

Very entertaining first half and quite a good atmosphere. Lowe, Mount, Lawrence and Wisdom are my picks - all looking fit, playing with positivity and Lowe's performance is coming off the back of the full 90 on Wednesday.

Wilson is class on ball but a bit hesitant in his positioning (it's early days of course!) 

To the idiot near me slagging Lowe off - go and watch tiddlywinks  - you might have a better understanding of that

How’s Ledley looking mate? 

1 minute ago, angieram said:

To the idiot near me slagging Lowe off - go and watch tiddlywinks  - you might have a better understanding of that! 

You have to be joking. Just wow. What is wrong with some of our fans? 

You're right he's benefiting from a full 90. Great to see him making a contribution, even in the final minute of the first half. 

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Oldham equalised, upset over.

To be fair to Forest, its understandable they have took their foot off the gas. I mean they did tie up the title about 3 weeks ago.

Archived