v Southampton (H) Match Thread

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, completely different team to the one against Mansfield. Finally got some athleticism in the side with technique. I just wish we had a 24 year old Nugent, or Martin had pace. Either of those and this team would do SERIOUS damage.

On that note, It's 1 nil!!!

Just now, EraniosSocks said:

Your getting me excited in the middle of France! 

We've moved the ball from defense to attack a few times, within seconds, passing around their press.

It's been fantastic.

Davies and Keogh have both got free at the far post for headers in this second half, but both failed to hit the target from good positions. Lawrence really buzzing and we might have had a couple of pens. One thing that's clear is that the players are loving playing this way. It's beautiful football. 

At the other end a header from their 6 foot 6 centre forward well saved by Carson. 

Now Ledley plays Lawrence in for a very assured one-on-one finish by Tom Lawrence. We'll deserved. Have bossed the half. 

1-0!

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Wilson and Mount both come deep to get the ball and make something happen. What you want to see!

Always looking to make a forward pass as well. So refreshing to see us not always taking the easy pass back to the keeper.

1 minute ago, EraniosSocks said:

Your getting me excited in the middle of France! 

It's reminiscent of the McClaren team. Bryson playing like he used to, non stop running and coming to collect the ball. Mount playing like Hughes, nice little passes and looks like the man to open up the opposition. And Ledley playing like Eustace, no nonsense and does what's required. The wing backs are attacking with any chance they get and the wingers are playing with unbelievable levels of confidence. We just need that star striker and we're good to go for the season 

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

It's reminiscent of the McClaren team. Bryson playing like he used to, non stop running and coming to collect the ball. Mount playing like Hughes, nice little passes and looks like the man to open up the opposition. And Ledley playing like Eustace, no nonsense and does what's required. The wing backs are attacking with any chance they get and the wingers are playing with unbelievable levels of confidence. We just need that star striker and we're good to go for the season 

Marriott? ?

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

Owhhhhhh, now I know how my missus feels on a Saturday night. I’ve got that feeling inside me. ?

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

The way I'd describe it is:

"McClaren's 13/14 side, but with everyone running around and pressing like Bryson. And more fluid movement in attack."

Based ENTIRELY on non-competitive football - that disclaimer is necessary. But my impression from these games is that it looks like a lot of the weaknesses the McCLaren team had are being addressed.

Just now, SaintRam said:

The way I'd describe it is:

"McClaren's 13/14 side, but with everyone running around and pressing like Bryson. And more fluid movement in attack."

Based ENTIRELY on non-competitive football - that disclaimer is necessary. But my impression from these games is that it looks like a lot of the weaknesses the McCLaren team had are being addressed.

Yeah, but like McClaren's team I think we'll probably concede a fair few goals from counter attacks, but I'd much rather watch that than us sitting back and not committing anyone forward to hold onto a lead/draw

Archived