v Southampton (H) Match Thread

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, irobinson said:

very nice on the eye - I can tell ya

Absolutely lovely to watch. I'm a little worried that we look very vulnerable to counter attacks, but I'm hoping that with more matches the midfield will understand more when to cover for the attacking full backs

Really like the look of Mount in midfield. Like Jeff Hendrick. If he's more consistent with a little more quality he'll be some player. He's buzzing all over the park and (thank goodness) his first thought is to go forward.

Possession football doesn't work if everyone's first thought is to safe and turn back towards your own goal. But if you're keeping the ball, moving it quickly and going forward, it's the best way to play. 

Wilson just played a gorgeous through ball to Lawrence who controlled expertly and smashed the shot, but perhaps not enough placement and a good save. Having singled him out, Mount blazed the follow-up high and wide. Very promising all round though. 

Just now, Edtheram said:

How's mount and Wilson doing

Wilson has looked fantastic. He's linking up very well with the players around him and has been involved in most of the good moves (along with Lawrence). Mount has had plenty of touches and is always looking to receive the ball, but he's been a little sloppy on the odd occasion 

Sith Happens
7 minutes ago, Edinburgh ram said:

I would probably take off migrant for the second half and bring on Jozefzoon. Move Lawrence centrally to keep the energy up 

Normally when someone gets a name wrong you can work out who they mean but I have no idea who you mean.

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

Normally when someone gets a name wrong you can work out who they mean but I have no idea who you mean.

Nugent? He must have a UKIP phone.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Edinburgh ram said:

Nugent haha

Easy mistake to make....how did you get Jozefzoon right though?

Archived