Aberdeenshire Rams

Inverurie Ram

Anybody know who derby1884 from Aberdeen is that posted on scottish league net back in 2013? @CWC1983

Derby v Scottish Clubs (derby1884?) on scottish league net.

http://www.scottishleague.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4103

Derby v Scottish Clubs on Derby County Memories.

http://www.derbycountymemories.co.uk/Derby-v-scottish-clubs

Edited by Inverurie Ram

4 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Anybody know who derby1884 from Aberdeen is that posted on scottish league net back in 2013? @CWC1983

Derby v Scottish Clubs (derby1884?) on scottish league net.

http://www.scottishleague.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4103

Derby v Scottish Clubs on Derby County Memories.

http://www.derbycountymemories.co.uk/Derby-v-scottish-clubs

Sorry, dont know. 

I was over the border by that time. 

Offshore worker perhaps? 

• 4 weeks later...

I might have bumped into derby1884 from Aberdeen today? and failed miserably to sign him up for the Aberdeenshire Rams.

I was out and about for a Sunday day out with the family. First time in a while I wasn't wearing anything with the wonderful Ram logo on, I was wearing a green hoody above a green The Wedding Present Bizzaro t-shirt, blue jeans, blue adidas trainers, and had a blue cap on.

We had just visited the Chapelton Scarecrow Festival https://chapeltonnewtown.co.uk/chapelton-scarecrow-festival/  and

headed back into Aberdeen to spend some time down the beach. We decided to go through Torry and pop along the coast to park along the Aberdeen Harbour at the Dolpninwatch RSPB, we had only been sat their in the car a few minutes looking out to sea surrounded by other parked cars looking out to sea, old folk with binoculars, cameras, flasks etc.

When all of a sudden I spotted................a bloke walking with a woman with his hoody unzipped wearing last years zebra white 32 Red Rams shirt, so I gave it the big "look, look", the family still looking out to sea, I instantly jumped out of the car, and shouted at the bloke enjoying a peaceful Sunday stroll..... "UP THE RAMS!" giving the bloke a wave and the thumbs up, and he looked across at me, struggling to acknowledge me and carried on walking, so I got back in the car, and my family wanted to disonwn me........"how embarrassing Dad....C'mon Mum.......let's go we are leaving" etc...........I then tried to explain that the bloke must have won the shirt, or had bought it because of Rooney or Shinnie or something, and it was his loss not been signed up with the Aberdeenshire Rams.........

If your reading this fella............we will still let you join, but you'll have to bring a blow up Dolphin with you to the boozer when we eventually meet up and you can answer to the name of Trigger!

Derby County v Barrow AFC Carabou Cup Saturday 5th September, 12pm Kick Off, Live on Sky at Inverurie Loco's pub.

Aberdeenshire Rams will be there, socially distancing and hand sanitised to the max. I will be wearing my Inverurie Loco's buff and if you are in the area and would like to track and trace with us and sit at a different table and communicate via scribbling your chat down on message boards like Bob Dylan,then please come along. 

But remember, no shouting, no singing, and no fun allowed, so I suppose it'll be a bit like the City Ground experience, except for the football and drink.

Or you could stay at home and watch it all alone in the basement.

• 3 months later...

http://www.scottishleague.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4850

July 5th 2015

Derby County and the Forth Bridge

It was announced today that the Forth Bridge has become the sixth Scottish landmark to be awarded Unesco World Heritage Site status. It is claimed that Derby County, including the famous England International Steve Bloomer, were the first and perhaps the only football team to walk across the Forth Bridge.

Derby County did undertake a short tour of Scotland in late April 1896 so was that when it happened?

One of the Derby County party knew someone connected with the railways who made arrangements for the crossing. If it did happen on the 1896 tour then there were plenty of Scottish suspects in the Derby party to make the arrangements - Jimmy Methven, Johnny McMillan, Hugh McQueen, Jimmy Stevenson, John Paul, Joe Leiper and John & Archie Goodall.

A recollection Derbyshire Football Express in the 1920’s and repeated in the Derby Evening Telegraph in 2000 said:

"We put pennies on the lines for the fun of seeing the trains flatten them." chuckled Methven, "and every time one roared past, the players hung to the sides of the bridge for dear life, none more affectionately than Steve Bloomer."

• 6 months later...

Aberdeenshire Rams. Aberdeen Rams. Stonehaven Rams. Fraserborogh Rams. Elgin Rams. Montrose Rams etc.

Hope you are all well.

@2tups @Rampian @Elgin_Ram @campavanram @Ramadonna @Ramadonna9 @CWC1983

If anyone fancies joining me in Derby for a pint prior to the Swansea game at Pride Park on Sat 2nd Oct 2021.

I will also be seeing The Wedding Present at The Devils Arse Cave, Peak Cavern, Castleton, S33 8WS on Fri 1st Oct 2021.

Fancy meeting up for pre / post match drinks @therams69  @uttoxram75? if you are up for it, I will PM you both nearer the time and swap numbers etc. And I'm sure neither of you boys would stand me up like that @PrivateDerbyfella, did previously, after travelling all the way from Aberdeen in another episode of Trains, Planes & Automobiles to be left hanging around in The Flowerpot with a no show!

And you all know what you can do with your crackerjack pencils!

Edited by Inverurie Ram

• 1 month later...

I hope the Aberdeenshire Rams are all well and are looking forward to today's game on Sky TV at 12:30 away at Peterborough United.

Aberdeen's greatest manager Alex Ferguson's boy Darren Ferguson has urged his side to get back to basics. He said it sounds simple, but we have to be solid and work from there. We need to stay calm and stick to the game plan and hope we are good enough on the day. It will be a tough game, but we are looking forward to it. 

After taking my boys to Pittodrie on Thursday night, with the youngest boy's first experience of European competition, I wonder if I will ever get the chance to see Derby County compete again in a European competition. Anyway we all enjoyed the 2-1 win for Aberdeen against Breidablik, 2 goals for Ryan Hedges in front of 15,000 plus fans, on Thu 12th Aug 2021, and it was great to see from the South Stand, the Red Shed (Merkland Stand) bouncing with fans getting behind their team.

I hope the Derby County fans that have travelled to Peterborough today are loud and proud and cheer the Rams on to victory.

COYR.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope the Aberdeenshire Rams are all healthy and well.

With the International break on, the eldest lad and I are off to watch Inverurie Loco's v Formantines this afternoon in the sunshine.

Aberdeenshire Rams trips coming up - Oct 2nd Swansea (H) & Nov 20th Bournemouth (H)

Great to see the new mascot at Aberdeen is a Ram. Any new Aberdeenshire Rams out there? Please get in touch.

20210830_RAMAFC_009-scaled.jpg

6 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I hope the Aberdeenshire Rams are all healthy and well.

With the International break on, the eldest lad and I are off to watch Inverurie Loco's v Formantines this afternoon in the sunshine.

Aberdeenshire Rams trips coming up - Oct 2nd Swansea (H) & Nov 20th Bournemouth (H)

Great to see the new mascot at Aberdeen is a Ram. Any new Aberdeenshire Rams out there? Please get in touch.

20210830_RAMAFC_009-scaled.jpg

Good spot, but…..There’s still something very wrong with a Ram wearing red. Must have lost a bet…

• 5 months later...

Whilst Middlesbrough were playing Derby County on Saturday 12th Feb 2020 I was away with the family in Dunblane and as it was lashing down, the misses and the youngest lad opted to go to the cinema to see Sing 2. That left the eldest lad and me twiddling our thumbs, so off we headed to Fir Park to see Motherwell v Aberdeen in the Scottish Cup Fifth Round which turned out to be Stephen Glass's last game in charge of Aberdeen.

We sat in the South Stand Upper and laughed at a few of the Motherwell Ultras invade the pitch early on, and then throw things at the young Aberdeen player Ramsey during the game, then witness the Aberdeen defence and reserve keeper, make Derby's defence look rather good, and then unfortunately listen to the Aberdeen fans boo at the end of the game.

..........oh well the things you do to avoid going to Middlesbrough or the Cinema on a windy, rainy day!

11 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I watched Aberdeen v St Johnston Tue 15th Feb and noticed ex ram Jacob Butterfield playing for St Johnston, he was that good, that I fell asleep in the 50th minute and I suprised myself that I lasted that long!

Did you watch it @CWC1983?

Listened to it on the radio, turned it off after 50 mins. Disappointing season and no doubt another rebuild with a new manager. 

I saw Butterfield against Celtic last month, he was pretty anonymous. 

• 3 months later...

Friday 6th May 2022.

1 x Aberdeenshire Ram attended this weekend.

I caught the over night megabus from Aberdeen to Meadowhall. Set off at 17:45 Thursday night and arrived in Meadowhall at 04:10. I then caught the first train to Sheffield followed by the first train to Derby arriving in Derby about 07:00.

I went straight to Pride Park to take some early morning photos.

The afternoon was spent in The Silk Milk followed by the Worm Has Turned before enjoying seeing The Wedding Present supported by Liines at the Derby Venue.

Saturday 7th May 2022. Derby County 0 Cardiff City 1 (Hughill 55) 

I spent the morning wandering around Derby with a stop off at Uncle Toms Cabin for a Roll with Sausage and a black tea. I had a look in the window of 80s Casual Classics shop and recognised a book. I popped into the church and enjoyed a wonderful display of doves hanging from the ceiling. Strolled passed the Dolphin and The Silk Mill and popped by The Museum. Loved the walk along the river seeing a bloke paddle boarding and a few rowing teams on the river. I arrived at the ground and saw Radio Derby were chatting to Adam Bolder, so I had a quick chat with Adam before entering East Stand Lower Block D, Turnstile 33-38, Stair 36, Row NN, Seat 317 to see Derby County play their last game in The Championship before life in Division One.

I met up with my mates after the game and drank the Saturday night away in The Smithfield, The Exeter, Seven tars and The Greyhound. Early start on the Sunday included the National Express bus at 07:15 to Luton Airport via Leicester and with a flight back to Aberdeen at 17:15, arriving back into Aberdeen at about 18:30.