Aberdeenshire Rams

Inverurie Ram

@Ramadonna or @Ramadonna9 or Maradonna or Madonna are all staying in bed with the lurgy and I think they all like a bit of aspirin!

@2tups & @Rampian I'll be at The Commercial Inn at about 7:15pm and no problem if you can't make it etc.

No idea where the parrot is, probably flew off to Peterhead after it's dismal support in the Derby Co v Hull City first leg play off at Pride Park, not one of our best Saturday's in the pub!

Edited by Inverurie Ram

• 1 month later...

Was it just Inverurie, Anerdeenshire where the Sky Red Button option didn't work?

The Commercial Inn girl behind the bar must have pressed that button at least 438 times and absolutely no joy.

@Ramadonna @Ramadonna9 and his misses and  the Aberdeen Mockney Cockney turned up, shame the Red Sky Button didn't turn up. @Ramadonna9 had his Rams TV commentary on his phone, whilst we watched Spurs, Brentford and Real Madrid do the business.

I even ran up the hill to the Black Bull Inn after 10 mins to see if they could get the game on. Bar girl didn't have a clue, so the Landlord was dragged down the stairs, all the tele's started changing games as he tried to get the Rams game on, as I got daggers from the locals "Oi put the Spurs game back on, Oi put the Real Madrid game back on, what game are you trying to put on?..... Derby?......Derby?......blooming Derby, they always let me down on the coupon........Ipswich v Derby why?

So we spent the night with the radio on a mobile phone waiting for Derby to let us down just like Sky Sports!

On a positive note we didn't lose and it was good to catch up with the Aberdeenshire Rams.

Tottenham? Real Madrid?...... Brentford proper football!

• 2 months later...

I'm taking my eldest lad to the upstairs bar in Edwards Inverurie today, family friendly, big screen, to watch Aberdeen knock out @David Celtic out of the Scottish Cup 1-0 Goal Scorer Max Lowe.

Max Lowe will be watched at Hampden celebrating in front of his family and friends.

Anyone coming along? @2tups @Ramadonna @Ramadonna9 @Rampian @Elgin_Ram @CWC1983 @campavanram 

Live on Premier Sports.

image.jpg

6 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I'm taking my eldest lad to the upstairs bar in Edwards Inverurie today, family friendly, big screen, to watch Aberdeen knock out @David Celtic out of the Scottish Cup 1-0 Goal Scorer Max Lowe.

Max Lowe will be watched at Hampden celebrating in front of his family and friends.

Anyone coming along? @2tups @Ramadonna @Ramadonna9 @Rampian @Elgin_Ram @CWC1983 @campavanram 

Live on Premier Sports.

image.jpg

I always love your optimism.....

1 hour ago, 2tups said:

I always love your optimism.....

Oh well I'll save my money, so instead of taking my eldest lad to the Scottish FA Cup in May on the Saturday, I'll just have to take him to the Championship Play Off Final on the Monday instead...............

I was at the game. Screwed as soon it went to 10 v 11, and to be fair we never laid a glove on them. First sending off seemed harsh,  but cant argue with the 2nd. Major surgery required in the summer but hopefully we get some Ryan Fraser money if he moves on. 

On the plus side, Ive had a decent pub crawl in Glasgow followed by a lovely curry in Chakoo Bombay cafe. 

Easter Fri 19th April Birmingham City v Derby County 3pm Sky Sports Red Button

I'm watching this at my folks after Hull KR have beaten Hull FC in the Rugby League Derby.

Any other Aberdeenshire Rams fancy meeting up for it elsewhere etc?

If we win, I'm in to see Bad Manners in Aberdeen.

Easter Mon 22nd April Derby County v Q.P.R 3pm Sky Sports Red Button

I'll watch this in the Commercial Inn, Inverurie, anyone fancy joining me?

Is that @Angry Ram and the Cockney Rams down the front?...................................................

image.jpeg

Edited by Inverurie Ram

On 14/04/2019 at 10:27, Inverurie Ram said:

Live on Premier Sports.

image.jpg

I was chatting to an acquaintance tonight that bumped into you in Edwards last Sunday.  I hear you are trying to sign up as much of the locals as possible to the Derby cause. 

Good effort. ?

7 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

I was chatting to an acquaintance tonight that bumped into you in Edwards last Sunday.  I hear you are trying to sign up as much of the locals as possible to the Derby cause. 

Good effort. ?

Would that acquaintance look anything like this?.......trying to sign him, so I can give him a proper doing at pool, like the good old days!

image.jpeg

Edited by Inverurie Ram

Took a half day off work to watch the game. Had a lovely lunch at Formartines with a pleasant walk around the fishing loch in the sunshine. Then headed back to Inverurie for the difficult bit. Walked down to The Commercial, it was busy, nobody watching the Oldham game, so I'm getting the Derby game on. It hits 3pm and the red button does not appear, here we go again, so I down my bottle of corona, kind of expecting The Derby Way. Then I leg it down to Butchers, which I managed to watch the Derby v Boro game at Christmas on, so I know they can pick up all the EFL games. I tell the bargirl where to look on her machine and up and down the EFL channels we go and every championship game comes on except the Derby one, The Derby Way. She gets all mardy and miserable and says if it's not working, it's not working, I say fair enough, I'm out of here. I phone the misses to pick us up, home for Rams TV, I miss the first 35 minutes and spend the following minutes frustrated as my machine and internet decide they don't want to play either, so I watch the game in bits. Eventually with about 20 minutes to go it all seems to be working, we go in to injury time, it doesn't look like we are going to score then......PENALTY......Wilson is ready he steps up......and machine dies again......The Derby Way.....I get it back on, the same thing happens again, it comes back on I see the second goal, I then eventually see the replay of the penalty after the game......2-0.....and I'm knackered.....off out now to teach my youngest lad to ride a bike!

Up The Rams!

Edited by Inverurie Ram

20 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Anyone fancy this? Would be good to catch up and hopefully celebrate today's results and catch up with Rams chat.

Glasgow Rangers v Aberdeen Sun 28th April 2019 3pm Sky Sports The Commercial Inn, Inverurie.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Change of Venue.......Now watching it at The Drouthy Laird, Victoria Buildings, AB51 3QT Inverurie, Aberdeenshire

https://m.facebook.com/The-Drouthy-Laird-434454146952231

Across the road from The Gordon Highlander Wetherspoons pub.  Up The Rams.....................C'mon!

Max Lowe bound to score in this one, as I stuck a fiver on him at 11/1 to score anytime against Celtic in the Scottish Cup Semi Final which they lost 3-0 and he touched the ball about two times!......So if I stay clear of the bookies, well he's bound to score!

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Yes, and it's a crap game.

I'm so glad I didn't drag my eldest lad along to this. I told him earlier on, we could go and take the dcfc flag along and give Lowe & Shinnie a big cheer and maybe get some pictures, if they do a lap around the pitch after the game etc.

Thank the Lord for him choosing Fortnite on the X Box instead.