Aberdeenshire Rams

Inverurie Ram

Carlisle United 0-2 Derby County

Saturday 23rd September 2023

Collins 18,84

Attendance 11,186

2 x Aberdeenshire Rams awoke at 03:45am. 04:00am Quick showers, black tea and outside in to darkness. 

Drive into Aberdeen, window broken in the car, car heater not clearing the windscreen, scary drive into Aberdeen looking through the smallest cleared circle, but arriving into Aberdeen avoiding the latest hazards, the new bus gates, so still a mile walk to the bus station for my boy and I avoiding the drunken nightclubbing lads arguing amongst themselves on their way homes, and not getting in their ways, causing any unwanted trouble. 

At the bus station with 20 mins to spare to embrace the morning chill, and the cackle of the Aberdeen Seagulls swooping around the station. We are on the megabus at 04:50am and away ready for an away day following Derby County reaching Glasgow on time at 08:20am. Time to kill in Glasgow so we walk from Buchannan Street up to the McDonalds on Sauchihall Street for breakfast. I walk back to Buchannan Street saving my coffee to enjoy in the bus station, but a young homeless guy near the Sainsbury’s outside the bus station sitting in the cold morning dampness looked more worthy than I to enjoy the coffee, which he did, along with the 4 white chocolate chip biscuits I bought for him, whilst stocking up on snacks for our National Express journey.

On the National Express at 09:15am and as my boy carried on sleeping, I read the dcfcfans forum and added a couple of road signs into the Carlisle match day thread.

In Carlisle on time at 11:20am and 30 mins to kill, so a lovely wander around the streets, spotting some real old pubs and looking for a cash line and noticing a number of people meeting up in the main square ready to go on a Carlisle Gay Pride march.

Headed for the train station to await the train coming in from Crewe. I stood in front of the RAF stall in the station bumping into CK awaiting MD, and stood next to the local coppers awaiting the Derby fans. The train arrived and we could hear from Platform 3 the bellow’s of “Derby, We Are Derby, Super Rams” as a few hundred lads crossed the bridges, beer cans in hands with a mix of young and old, and a mix of Derby colours with the Stone Island youth all tight together.

We met our first contact, a very nice man and enjoyed a leisurely stroll around English Street and various streets off it, enjoying some of the Roman remains that welcome tourists into Carlisle, we admired the old buildings, plaques of USA presidents residence, statues and the courthouse, in search of a coffeehouse, we ended back tracking to the Costa outside the train station. We had a quick DCFC chat, enjoying coffee before heading out, for my boy and with the local constabulary’s confirmation point is in the right direction of Brunton Park.

Our first contact went off to meet fellow DCFC fans, Punjabi Rams, but we headed off to the pub, The Fat Gadgie, which looked great on the website https://www.thefatgadgie.co.uk/ which was showing as open last week, but when we arrived at the place, it had been closed down, and as now shows on the website as permanently closed.

So we went into the Paradiso bar and lounge, cocktail bar opposite, that had a real non existent Wi-Fi signal as I tried to message our second contact regarding meeting up.

So I wandered outside leaving my boy to admire my pint, trying to get a signal no joy, so I returned into the bar and opted to down the pint in a one’s. We strolled outside and I spotted 2 guys checking out the closed Fat Gadgie pub and heading across to me. I recognised our second contact from watching Derby for the previous 45 years, and his face being very familiar from all my trips to BBG, Pride Park and travelling over land and sea to follow DCFC.

So we met another great man and chatted, and trips to Estonia and Finland, and others were discussed, then pennies dropped. 

Walked up to the Carlisle Rugby Club and enjoyed a couple more pints, whilst I scurried around on my phone dropping messages to a new contact, we made contact and arranged to meet outside the club shop near the statue at 2:30pm. Carried on drinking for 30 mins, chatting, bumping into the Glasgow Rams in the back bar and Swindon Rams on route back outside, to enjoy pre-match drinks. Saw the Chad Rams singing “Chad Rams are massive everywhere we go” behind their St George Flag.

We met our 3rd contact, said a quick hello and walked around Brunton Park enjoying The Farm’s All Together Now blasting out the club’s tannoy system before finding our way into the Visiting Supporters stand.

I quickly hung up the Aberdeenshire Rams flag next to the very reliable Swindon Rams flag. Most fans standing, so my boy and I stood above Exit 3 to enjoy the live atmosphere and a game of football between two very capable football teams. We enjoyed the game, the 3 points and the passion from the players celebrating in front of our loyal fans. We knew something was effecting Josh Vickers, but at this stage unsure of what was to sadly unfold to one of our players.

The 90 mins and 4 mins extra time wizzed past and we were soon taking down the flag and heading back into Carlisle recognising other Derby fans along the way including Cockney Jimmy.

Then we awaited the 06:30pm National Express coach back to Glasgow, which was 30 mins late coming from London. A couple from Glasgow gave up on it, I did try to tell them it's coming all the way from London, a little bit of patience, so they opted to pay top dollar chasing the next train, and as soon as they left, 3 mins later, the bus arrived.

Arrived back in Glasgow, the coach caught the time up, so back for 08:00pm, before heading to the Glasgow Central Hotel, a belated birthday gift from a family member.

I then had to get up at 04:45am Sunday morning to get my boy on another megabus at 05:40am so he could get back into Aberdeen at 08:55am in advance of the 10:20am train back to Inverurie in time to play for his local football club, Colony Park.

Whereas I went back to bed, before a stroll around the Barras Market, Merchant City, Fopp Records and walk along the Clyde River in advance of enjoying The National play at the OVO Hydro and if you watch Mr November. At the 3 minute mark I’m pointing at you all on the big screen!!!

My boy and I had a great day out, great weekend and loved meeting at least 3 special people that make you proud to be Derby County supporters.

PS Aberdeenshire Rams flag on at HT in this wonderful vlog.

Up The Rams 🐏 

A022FFF5-0CF3-47E5-8AE7-A734E4752975.jpeg

50FAF1A0-B7A2-4FAF-A73F-EA3831DF6E7A.jpeg

0F843658-C36D-4F1C-983B-8E9620BE0885.jpeg

Edited by Inverurie Ram

On 30/09/2023 at 08:54, Inverurie Ram said:

Collins 18,84

Attendance 11,186

2 x Aberdeenshire Rams awoke at 03:45am. 04:00am Quick showers, black tea and outside in to darkness. 

Drive into Aberdeen, window broken in the car, car heater not clearing the windscreen, scary drive into Aberdeen looking through the smallest cleared circle, but arriving into Aberdeen avoiding the latest hazards...

I didn't read any further, as I was becoming a little agitated, with hints of trauma-induced fear at the thoughts of what might come next! 😲

I can only hope and pray that, given the length of the remaining post, all ended well, and everyone... be that those directly involved and/or those on the periphery of the scene...  made it through the day without getting killed!  

👀 

50 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I didn't read any further, as I was becoming a little agitated, with hints of trauma-induced fear at the thoughts of what might come next! 😲

I can only hope and pray that, given the length of the remaining post, all ended well, and everyone... be that those directly involved and/or those on the periphery of the scene...  made it through the day without getting killed!  

👀

@Mucker1884 for not reading further we have your number…….we know where you are…………………👀

7 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

👀

@Inverurie Ram is made of sterner stuff. Everytime i read about his exploits i always sing "I would walk 500 miles" to myself on his behalf. 

Top man 🐏

On 30/09/2023 at 08:54, Inverurie Ram said:

Collins 18,84

Attendance 11,186

Drive into Aberdeen, window broken in the car, car heater not clearing the windscreen, scary drive into Aberdeen looking through the smallest cleared circle, but arriving into Aberdeen avoiding the latest hazards, the new bus gates, so still a mile walk to the bus station for my boy and I avoiding the drunken nightclubbing lads arguing amongst themselves on their way homes, and not getting in their ways, causing any unwanted trouble. 

At the bus station with 20 mins to spare to embrace the morning chill, and the cackle of the Aberdeen Seagulls swooping around the station. We are on the megabus at 04:50am and away ready for an away day following Derby County reaching Glasgow on time at 08:20am. Time to kill in Glasgow so we walk from Buchannan Street up to the McDonalds on Sauchihall Street for breakfast. I walk back to Buchannan Street saving my coffee to enjoy in the bus station, but a young homeless guy near the Sainsbury’s outside the bus station sitting in the cold morning dampness looked more worthy than I to enjoy the coffee, which he did, along with the 4 white chocolate chip biscuits I bought for him, whilst stocking up on snacks for our National Express journey.

On the National Express at 09:15am and as my boy carried on sleeping, I read the dcfcfans forum and added a couple of road signs into the Carlisle match day thread.

In Carlisle on time at 11:20am and 30 mins to kill, so a lovely wander around the streets, spotting some real old pubs and looking for a cash line and noticing a number of people meeting up in the main square ready to go on a Carlisle Gay Pride march.

Headed for the train station to await the train coming in from Crewe. I stood in front of the RAF stall in the station bumping into CK awaiting MD, and stood next to the local coppers awaiting the Derby fans. The train arrived and we could hear from Platform 3 the bellow’s of “Derby, We Are Derby, Super Rams” as a few hundred lads crossed the bridges, beer cans in hands with a mix of young and old, and a mix of Derby colours with the Stone Island youth all tight together.

We met our first contact, a very nice man and enjoyed a leisurely stroll around English Street and various streets off it, enjoying some of the Roman remains that welcome tourists into Carlisle, we admired the old buildings, plaques of USA presidents residence, statues and the courthouse, in search of a coffeehouse, we ended back tracking to the Costa outside the train station. We had a quick DCFC chat, enjoying coffee before heading out, for my boy and with the local constabulary’s confirmation point is in the right direction of Brunton Park.

Our first contact went off to meet fellow DCFC fans, Punjabi Rams, but we headed off to the pub, The Fat Gadgie, which looked great on the website https://www.thefatgadgie.co.uk/ which was showing as open last week, but when we arrived at the place, it had been closed down, and as now shows on the website as permanently closed.

So we went into the Paradiso bar and lounge, cocktail bar opposite, that had a real non existent Wi-Fi signal as I tried to message our second contact regarding meeting up.

So I wandered outside leaving my boy to admire my pint, trying to get a signal no joy, so I returned into the bar and opted to down the pint in a one’s. We strolled outside and I spotted 2 guys checking out the closed Fat Gadgie pub and heading across to me. I recognised our second contact from watching Derby for the previous 45 years, and his face being very familiar from all my trips to BBG, Pride Park and travelling over land and sea to follow DCFC.

So we met another great man and chatted, and trips to Estonia and Finland, and others were discussed, then pennies dropped. 

Walked up to the Carlisle Rugby Club and enjoyed a couple more pints, whilst I scurried around on my phone dropping messages to a new contact, we made contact and arranged to meet outside the club shop near the statue at 2:30pm. Carried on drinking for 30 mins, chatting, bumping into the Glasgow Rams in the back bar and Swindon Rams on route back outside, to enjoy pre-match drinks. Saw the Chad Rams singing “Chad Rams are massive everywhere we go” behind their St George Flag.

We met our 3rd contact, said a quick hello and walked around Brunton Park enjoying The Farm’s All Together Now blasting out the club’s tannoy system before finding our way into the Visiting Supporters stand.

I quickly hung up the Aberdeenshire Rams flag next to the very reliable Swindon Rams flag. Most fans standing, so my boy and I stood above Exit 3 to enjoy the live atmosphere and a game of football between two very capable football teams. We enjoyed the game, the 3 points and the passion from the players celebrating in front of our loyal fans. We knew something was effecting Josh Vickers, but at this stage unsure of what was to sadly unfold to one of our players.

The 90 mins and 4 mins extra time wizzed past and we were soon taking down the flag and heading back into Carlisle recognising other Derby fans along the way including Cockney Jimmy.

Then we awaited the 06:30pm National Express coach back to Glasgow, which was 30 mins late coming from London. A couple from Glasgow gave up on it, I did try to tell them it's coming all the way from London, a little bit of patience, so they opted to pay top dollar chasing the next train, and as soon as they left, 3 mins later, the bus arrived.

Arrived back in Glasgow, the coach caught the time up, so back for 08:00pm, before heading to the Glasgow Central Hotel, a belated birthday gift from a family member.

I then had to get up at 04:45am Sunday morning to get my boy on another megabus at 05:40am so he could get back into Aberdeen at 08:55am in advance of the 10:20am train back to Inverurie in time to play for his local football club, Colony Park.

Whereas I went back to bed, before a stroll around the Barras Market, Merchant City, Fopp Records and walk along the Clyde River in advance of enjoying The National play at the OVO Hydro and if you watch Mr November. At the 3 minute mark I’m pointing at you all on the big screen!!!

My boy and I had a great day out, great weekend and loved meeting at least 3 special people that make you proud to be Derby County supporters.

PS Aberdeenshire Rams flag on at HT in this wonderful vlog.

Up The Rams 🐏 

A022FFF5-0CF3-47E5-8AE7-A734E4752975.jpeg

50FAF1A0-B7A2-4FAF-A73F-EA3831DF6E7A.jpeg

0F843658-C36D-4F1C-983B-8E9620BE0885.jpeg

Half fan. 
😂

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

And the Aberdeenshire Rams not worthy of the Derby County section... 

Good God!

15 pages... and I hadn't noticed that!  😲

I hope admin put a stop to this sorry situation, and put it right pronto!

Shame on them!
Booo!
Etc.

🐏

5 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

And the Aberdeenshire Rams not worthy of the Derby County section as you carry on typing about Birmingham City and start another poll about trying to get rid of someone!!!!

F41225BA-7F0A-4E2D-B818-22ED3F4AD8E8.jpeg

If you didn't fill this topic full of random weirdness and rogue music videos, gigs and all over absolutely nothing Derby related, maybe we would find a place for you at the top table.

I have actually just created a topic up there on this. 

38 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Good God!

15 pages... and I hadn't noticed that!  😲

I hope admin put a stop to this sorry situation, and put it right pronto!

Shame on them!
Booo!
Etc.

🐏

38 minutes ago, David said:

If you didn't fill this topic full of random weirdness and rogue music videos, gigs and all over absolutely nothing Derby related, maybe we would find a place for you at the top table.

I have actually just created a topic up there on this. 

This guy makes some very valid points, to be fair!

How do I retract my boos and shame-calling!  👀

#gottalovethosemods

Aberdeenshire Rams had to cancel our holiday away to stay in the Echo lodges/pods at Loch Katrine Trossachs this weekend due to the Red Weather warnings, with 28 days of rain predicted to land in 3 days.

Power down in many areas. Roads closed everywhere, no diversions, impassable roads, trees down everywhere, life’s lost, houses ruined.

Here’s hoping Derby & Shrewsbury are OK.

8 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Saw the Inverurie bit on the news earlier. Water levels unreal. Look after yourself min. 

Thanks @CWC1983 I appreciate your kind words. Not many of them about these days on here or in real life.

Especially when so many have the choice. You don’t seem to post very often either, and it’s pretty sad a lot of good people (Rams not Sheep) have chosen to leave this forum.

It won’t be long before I’m accused of having red hair and supporting the team I love, and called various names for doing so, by angry strangers that choose to type that I’m the one typing “nonsense” or the like, on here. But I’m bald as a coot (Paul Coutts pun!)

Maybe it’s the fast “McDonalds” throw away society, that are very quick to criticise, but too lazy to put their own rubbish in the bin, when their table is only several yards away from the bin, that we are surrounded by, yeah the chicken nuggets, the zombie nation.

Anyway the sky is blue this morning, I’m wearing my new blue 1975 Derby County away shirt, and I’m wearing it with pride, I don’t just wear any of my DCFC shirts just when we are winning or on our way to Wembley, I wear in any kind of weather, and over land and sea always loving DCFC. 🐏

Right time for a nice early morning stroll down to the river you saw on the BBC News. You can be active with the activists or stay sleeping with the sleepers. If I don’t post ever again on here, it won’t be because I’ve been swept away by others, it won’t be because I’ve followed other sheep into the river, it will be because I’m a Ram 🐏 and I won’t let the river or the bleeping of a few sheep 🐑 drown me.

Up Paul Warne

Up David Clowes

Up Stephen Pearce

Up James Collins

Up The Rams 🐏 

10EA7B83-AFF6-422C-8C74-9ABE93C9860A.jpeg

5 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Thanks @CWC1983 I appreciate your kind words. Not many of them about these days on here or in real life.

Especially when so many have the choice. You don’t seem to post very often either, and it’s pretty sad a lot of good people (Rams not Sheep) have chosen to leave this forum.

It won’t be long before I’m accused of having red hair and supporting the team I love, and called various names for doing so, by angry strangers that choose to type that I’m the one typing “nonsense” or the like, on here. But I’m bald as a coot (Paul Coutts pun!)

Maybe it’s the fast “McDonalds” throw away society, that are very quick to criticise, but too lazy to put their own rubbish in the bin, when their table is only several yards away from the bin, that we are surrounded by, yeah the chicken nuggets, the zombie nation.

Anyway the sky is blue this morning, I’m wearing my new blue 1975 Derby County away shirt, and I’m wearing it with pride, I don’t just wear any of my DCFC shirts just when we are winning or on our way to Wembley, I wear in any kind of weather, and over land and sea always loving DCFC. 🐏

Right time for a nice early morning stroll down to the river you saw on the BBC News. You can be active with the activists or stay sleeping with the sleepers. If I don’t post ever again on here, it won’t be because I’ve been swept away by others, it won’t be because I’ve followed other sheep into the river, it will be because I’m a Ram 🐏 and I won’t let the river or the bleeping of a few sheep 🐑 drown me.

Up Paul Warne

Up David Clowes

Up Stephen Pearce

Up James Collins

Up The Rams 🐏 

10EA7B83-AFF6-422C-8C74-9ABE93C9860A.jpeg

You have to understand, the Derby County board is for Derby County content. Not Aberdeen.

Likewise I haven't created a Grimsby Rams topic up there and filled it with Docks Academy gigs as 99% of visitors to that board will not be bothered at all.

It's not for random music videos, gigs and the like. It's for purely Derby County.

More than happy for this topic to remain in the main board, however it must be Derby County related. Otherwise it stays down here, ball is in your court.

We have an Ex Rams board where Paul Coutts content could freely go as well. Lots of former players have active topics.

Even the Derby County Flags topic has had Rangers flags in there from time to time. It's not a Rangers board either.

There is a place for most things on this board and you could freely have an Aberdeen Music Scene topic down here, separated from the football.

Hell, you could even have an Inverurie and Aberdeen football topic in the Football Forum.

You have chosen not to and want to criticise the forum for not letting you create this mish mash topic in our main board. 

All we've done is move it to the appropriate board. Not banned it. Locked it, hidden anything. 

If you leave, it's your choice. Nobody is held hostage on here, however we will ensure the forum is kept tidy.

Derby County up top, music and other stuff down here.

@David thank you. It’s your forum and you can control it the way you want too. Keep up the great work.

We are all different people on it and we all function differently in this world, and we have a great mix of people with different backgrounds and different stories on this forum, and it’s easier for me to post certain things in it in here, and this Aberdeenshire Rams thread generally paints a picture of me and the guys up here, that follow the Aberdeenshire Rams with a mix of football, fashion, passion and music that we all love, and it includes players that have played for Derby, Aberdeen and Inverurie as it’s relatable and could also go into the exrams thread etc

I keep it all together in one thread, hoping to attract new recruits that might move or are currently living in the Aberdeenshire area, and also to create a history for myself, my boys and any other fans that might enjoy reading them.

And I know the odd Rangers / Derby flag and the odd other flag goes in the Derby County Flags thread and you being a Celtic fan must really cheer you up. If I ever spotted a Celtic / Derby flag I would post that also, like I post the Irish Rams and Scottish Rams flags etc

I do understand you and the forum and other posters that have different opinions and ideas regarding anything to do with Derby County, even bobble hats!

We are all Derby fans and I’m really not that bothered where the Aberdeenshire Rams thread is, I’m more bothered about positivity, kindness and hoping Derby County are successful and making us all happy and Derby County generally do that for me.

Have a wonderful Monday and here’s hoping for a positive result Tuesday.

Up The Rams

Thank you 🍺

Ps……I know you love a You Tube Video!

…….even bobble hats!!! 👀

D5F9F171-B684-48EB-89E5-D542DD13D1DC.jpeg