Aberdeenshire Rams

Inverurie Ram

• 2 weeks later...

Oh well the Aberdeenshire Rams are booked to come down south for Sat Dec 2nd and we were hoping to still be in the 2nd Round of the FA Cup against Bristol Rovers at Pride Park on route to seeing The Wedding Present in Coventry on the Saturday night.

Not to worry their is another cup we have a better chance of doing something in it. EFL Cup.

We will still enjoy ourselves, and have a great time and won’t be upset by the early FA Cup exit. Manchester in the area perhaps or a trip to Nuneaton Borough to check out. 

19BA3D34-F6F9-4787-BE04-4C3F44AD6AFA.jpeg

AB8877E0-1882-4B19-9321-68B479907231.jpeg

5649A912-3114-48A2-A0AE-311E7E5A9FB2.jpeg

F7B44B9E-6AB7-40E9-BE57-7F1F5C2CA273.jpeg

Edited by Inverurie Ram

2 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Oh well the Aberdeenshire Rams are booked to come down south for Sat Dec 2nd and we were hoping to still be in the 2nd Round of the FA Cup against Bristol Rovers at Pride Park on route to seeing The Wedding Present in Coventry on the Saturday night.

Not to worry their is another cup we have a better chance of doing something in it. EFL Cup.

We will still enjoy ourselves, and have a great time and won’t be upset by the early FA Cup exit. Manchester in the area perhaps or a trip to Nuneaton Borough to check out. 

19BA3D34-F6F9-4787-BE04-4C3F44AD6AFA.jpeg

I think you mean the EFL Trophy mate (Formerly Papa Johns, now Honest John's Car Emporium, or summat similar).
We're long gone from the EFL Cup (Carabao) after losing at home to Blackpool back in August.

🐏

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I think you mean the EFL Trophy mate (Formerly Papa Johns, now Honest John's Car Emporium, or summat similar).
We're long gone from the EFL Cup (Carabao) after losing at home to Blackpool back in August.

🐏

Yeah you knew what I meant, I didn’t want to call it Papa Johns because somebody would be pedantic and correct me.

So these days we now have an EFL Trophy and an EFL Cup that I would have called the Carabao Cup but somebody would be pedantic and correct me.

I enjoyed football when it was 
Division 1 Division 2 Division 3 Division 4. FA Cup & League Cup it was all so easy to understand and everyone understood it for decades.

So whatever cup, trophy we are still involved in, and whatever company or football association wants to rename it, rebrand it, call it some name that nobody really cares about whilst robbing more football fans of their well earned cash and all the rest, well we have a better chance of doing better in it, than we can in this seasons FA Cup because we are still in it and let’s face it @Mucker1884 will not be attending the final, because he’ll be far too busy at home wearing his sombrero that he won a cup for and typing away about losing his last sombrero that he won a trophy for whilst riding some donkey in Blackpool.

Who cares? we are still in it, whatever it is…………………

12A845FF-890E-4B2D-AE83-A8BB8DE2D7E4.jpeg

@Inverurie Ram,

I wholeheartedly agree with your mini-foray into the past, with your reference to the four league divisions, and just the two main cup comps.  It was indeed easier all round.

I don't think it's pedantic to differentiate between totally different competitions with similar names.  Sponsorship aside, the EFL Cup and EFL Trophy both exist, effectively run side by side, are two completely separate comps... and we started the current season in both of them!  Fact is, we can no longer progress further in The League Cup, however pedantic they may seem to some!

As for the EFL Trophy Final... You couldn't be more wrong...

1/  Despite not having yet attended a game in this competition, I can assure you I will be hunting the Glory ahead of most, when it comes to placing my order for a Wembley ticket! (It would be a lousy atmosphere to be fair, if we limited tickets to the 5-6k regulars that attended the early rounds!)
2/  As I'll be partying in That London, I won't have the time to be typing away on here.
3/  I will be taking my sombrero with me.
4/  I haven't ridden anything in Blackpool... or anyone, for that matter... since The Eighties!

😁👍🍻🐏🏆

Edited by Mucker1884

@Mucker1884 thanks for your wonderful reply.

If we did did get to Wembley in any competition this season, I’m bound to be sat behind someone wearing a blooming sombrero wittering loudly all day long about the name of the competition drowning out the wonderful atmosphere!

https://www.thedonkeysanctuary.org.uk/adopt?S=ADPWEBPPC&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlbaUlsDKggMVBo9QBh3aXgn0EAAYASAAEgLZIPD_BwE

The engraver is currently engraving @Mucker1884 on the EFL Trophy right now……

203E3823-DC96-4A86-8AB1-3E3407281414.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Aberdeenshire Rams catch up.

Anyone living / working in the Aberdeenshire area, that would like to watch the game with 3 other Rams fans, and maybe a few more, then come along to the Filthy McNasties pub in Aberdeen to cheer on the mighty Rams at 12 o’clock.

Fleetwood Town v Derby County

Sat 6th January 12:30 kick off.

Filthy McNasties Aberdeen.

37 Summer Street, Aberdeen, Scotland, AB10 1SB

https://www.mcnastys.co.uk/

See you there.

Up The Rams 🐏

6 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Aberdeenshire Rams catch up.

Anyone living / working in the Aberdeenshire area, that would like to watch the game with 3 other Rams fans, and maybe a few more, then come along to the Filthy McNasties pub in Aberdeen to cheer on the mighty Rams at 12 o’clock.

Fleetwood Town v Derby County

Sat 6th January 12:30 kick off.

Filthy McNasties Aberdeen.

37 Summer Street, Aberdeen, Scotland, AB10 1SB

https://www.mcnastys.co.uk/

See you there.

Up The Rams 🐏

Should be busy with the Tyne Wear derby on at the same time and no SPL games.

Plenty of TV screens to keep everyone happy. 

Have a Tennants for me 👍

I see AFC have a new Supporters experience manager. Familiar face 😁

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CWC1983 said:

Should be busy with the Tyne Wear derby on at the same time and no SPL games.

Plenty of TV screens to keep everyone happy. 

Have a Tennants for me 👍

I see AFC have a new Supporters experience manager. Familiar face 😁

Yes I saw the familiar face and new AFC Supporters Experience Manager’s tweet on Twitter a week ago or so about such. He’s done very well with all the Ultra stuff at AFC, banners and tifo work at many grounds over the years and he is very passionate about his club, so well done to him, I hope he does really well in his new role at the club.

Edited by Inverurie Ram

• 3 weeks later...

Lincoln City 0-0 Derby County
Saturday 20th January 2024.

Attendance 9,700

Just myself went to the LNR stadium from the Aberdeenshire Rams and headed down south on Friday as the news came from Lincoln City about parts of the pitch being frozen, and explaining all the work that goes behind the scenes, to try and make the game go ahead, with a further pitch inspection called for 6pm. 

I was already on my first train from Inverurie to Aberdeen at 5:44pm and I would at least receive an update before my bus to Edinburgh at 6:50pm, it was positive news or news that would mean I was heading to Lincoln, with a further pitch inspection on Saturday morning, that turned out to be at 11:30am. 

So myself and the Aberdeenshire Rams flag travelled down to Edinburgh arriving at 10:05pm. After a short wait I was on another bus at 10:45pm and I was quite happy that the bus arrived 15 minutes late into Meadowhall on Saturday morning at 4:30am, meaning I only had 30 minutes to walk around in the early morning darkness and coldness, before they opened Meadowhall, so I could use the facilities and kept warm for the next 45 minutes, before the first train to Sheffield at 5:45am. Breakfast Roll and Latte and then it was on to the first train to Lincoln Central at 6:35am, arriving to a wonderful sunset at 7:53am and a short stroll along the waterside to the Premier Inn City Centre for 4 hours sleep, tea and a shower, before receiving the great news, from CK, a text stating the pitch inspection at 11:30am was successful. Game is ON.

Met my mate and MD in the Witch & Wardrobe pub at 12:00pm and many wonderful Derby County fans, so chatted football and music before heading off at 1:00pm to The Birdcage pub where the girl behind the bar told us, she was born in Aberdeen but left when she was 2 years old, and then discussed her big pants with MD.

Headed back to the Witch and Wardrobe just before 2:00pm to meet some wonderful people and had another pint before heading up to the ground at 2:15pm to meet some more wonderful people around the fanzone, grabbed myself a cheeseburger with loads of onions and then bumped into another fantastic person with his boy, quick chat with him before heading into the ground, quick slash in the toilets in the dark, no lights working, then off I went, to hang up the Aberdeenshire Rams flag, as I spotted the wonderful lad that does the brilliant vlogs on You Tube, I gave him a shout, then hung my flag up and saw  the fantastic person with the huge Derby County flag, and passed an end up, so the flag could be surfed as the teams came out.

I didn’t bother going to look for my seat as there was plenty of room near my flag, with everyone standing, so I stood beside the flag, and met a brilliant man, and we spent most of the first half talking music whilst keeping an eye on a battling performance against a hard working Lincoln side. It was a game that looked like a single goal would be enough to win it, and with hope, we thought Derby would create the better chances, into the second half. At half time I went for another slash, where two standing spotlights had been set up, with various songs been sung in there regarding such.

After at least 2 good Lincoln chances just before half time, I chatted to CK & MD, we hoped that Lincoln would tire later in the game. Lincoln had at least another 3 great chances in the second half, but the game eventually went on to be a good point for both sides, and an improvement on last seasons defeat at Lincoln City.

I headed back to the Witch & Wardrobe to meet my mate via the chip shop, chips & mushy peas and back into the pub for another Guinness before we moved on to The Still for more football and music chat with brilliant fellow Derby County fans.

I left Lincoln at 8pm to head back to Sheffield on the 8:19pm train for more beer in The Sheffield Tap before heading back to Meadowhall on the 23:08pm train with just under 2 hours to kill, before the 01:05am bus back to Glasgow, followed by the 08:40am bus back to Aberdeen and 12:25pm train back to Inverurie in perfect time for the 1pm kick off, to watch my eldest lad’s team win 5-1, another great weekend. Up The Rams 🐏.

I'm not sure if it's the cold climate or the enormous amount of food you seem to eat, but people from your part of Scotland seem to be very robust. Just reading about your travels makes me feel tired and cold. I've been watching some videos by one of your compatriots from Montrose and he is another trencherman who likes to spend a lot of time on buses and trains. 

UK's longest train journey

On 21/01/2024 at 17:50, Inverurie Ram said:

Lincoln City 0-0 Derby County
Saturday 20th January 2024.

Attendance 9,700

Just myself went to the LNR stadium from the Aberdeenshire Rams and headed down south on Friday as the news came from Lincoln City about parts of the pitch being frozen, and explaining all the work that goes behind the scenes, to try and make the game go ahead, with a further pitch inspection called for 6pm. 

I was already on my first train from Inverurie to Aberdeen at 5:44pm and I would at least receive an update before my bus to Edinburgh at 6:50pm, it was positive news or news that would mean I was heading to Lincoln, with a further pitch inspection on Saturday morning, that turned out to be at 11:30am. 

So myself and the Aberdeenshire Rams flag travelled down to Edinburgh arriving at 10:05pm. After a short wait I was on another bus at 10:45pm and I was quite happy that the bus arrived 15 minutes late into Meadowhall on Saturday morning at 4:30am, meaning I only had 30 minutes to walk around in the early morning darkness and coldness, before they opened Meadowhall, so I could use the facilities and kept warm for the next 45 minutes, before the first train to Sheffield at 5:45am. Breakfast Roll and Latte and then it was on to the first train to Lincoln Central at 6:35am, arriving to a wonderful sunset at 7:53am and a short stroll along the waterside to the Premier Inn City Centre for 4 hours sleep, tea and a shower, before receiving the great news, from CK, a text stating the pitch inspection at 11:30am was successful. Game is ON.

Met my mate and MD in the Witch & Wardrobe pub at 12:00pm and many wonderful Derby County fans, so chatted football and music before heading off at 1:00pm to The Birdcage pub where the girl behind the bar told us, she was born in Aberdeen but left when she was 2 years old, and then discussed her big pants with MD.

Headed back to the Witch and Wardrobe just before 2:00pm to meet some wonderful people and had another pint before heading up to the ground at 2:15pm to meet some more wonderful people around the fanzone, grabbed myself a cheeseburger with loads of onions and then bumped into another fantastic person with his boy, quick chat with him before heading into the ground, quick slash in the toilets in the dark, no lights working, then off I went, to hang up the Aberdeenshire Rams flag, as I spotted the wonderful lad that does the brilliant vlogs on You Tube, I gave him a shout, then hung my flag up and saw  the fantastic person with the huge Derby County flag, and passed an end up, so the flag could be surfed as the teams came out.

I didn’t bother going to look for my seat as there was plenty of room near my flag, with everyone standing, so I stood beside the flag, and met a brilliant man, and we spent most of the first half talking music whilst keeping an eye on a battling performance against a hard working Lincoln side. It was a game that looked like a single goal would be enough to win it, and with hope, we thought Derby would create the better chances, into the second half. At half time I went for another slash, where two standing spotlights had been set up, with various songs been sung in there regarding such.

After at least 2 good Lincoln chances just before half time, I chatted to CK & MD, we hoped that Lincoln would tire later in the game. Lincoln had at least another 3 great chances in the second half, but the game eventually went on to be a good point for both sides, and an improvement on last seasons defeat at Lincoln City.

I headed back to the Witch & Wardrobe to meet my mate via the chip shop, chips & mushy peas and back into the pub for another Guinness before we moved on to The Still for more football and music chat with brilliant fellow Derby County fans.

I left Lincoln at 8pm to head back to Sheffield on the 8:19pm train for more beer in The Sheffield Tap before heading back to Meadowhall on the 23:08pm train with just under 2 hours to kill, before the 01:05am bus back to Glasgow, followed by the 08:40am bus back to Aberdeen and 12:25pm train back to Inverurie in perfect time for the 1pm kick off, to watch my eldest lad’s team win 5-1, another great weekend. Up The Rams 🐏.

Top Fan-ing, buddy.  🐏

... Not too dissimilar to our own weekend, in fairness.

Checked in mega-early at HIE (c. 10:45) after a horrendous 1hr 20min drive that involved at least 3 red traffic lights, and a runaway cat.  Coffee & cake for lunch.  Almost getting embroiled in a pre-match scuffle down the back street (Well, we had ring-side seats to the ensuing handcuffing operation, but missed the cause of it all).  Seats in mid-row, so shuffling past real people and stuff.  Standing for what seemed like nigh on two bloody hours!  And all topped off with a pleasant evening pub meal, and a couple of tummy-warming spirit-based aperitifs.  Must have been well past 22:20 by the time we hit the sack... and then she made me walk up that bloody hill to the castle... on a Sunday friggin' morning!  FFS!

I know!  We're a breed unto ourselves mate.   🍻

• 2 months later...

According to the official dcfc app under friendlies.

Derby Friendlies Competition

Fri 4/11 Derby County v Aston Villa

Abbey Stadium

Sat 12/11 Derby County v Aberdeen

Anfield

Does anyone know what this was or what this is?